Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been recruited by the Neo Geo league to defend fun against much boredom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default I've been recruited by the Neo Geo league to defend fun against much boredom

I know I don't post much anymore due to recent garbage, but I do read. I didn't feel a need to pass this up as this part of the board kind of gets fairly dusty. As luck would have it the stars aligned and I knocked out one hell of a deal and a return all in a 12 hour period. Yesterday I saw up on a local closed facebook forum I got into a member posted for $700 obo a 2 slot I'd say 8.5/9 out of 10 quality condition Neo-Geo MVS cabinet with a stack of games. I've wanted one of these since college but Neo-Geo = $$$ so that never happened. I talked with the guy about it, asked him what realistically needed as he knew it was too high but liked to haggle. I got it down to $575, but as we got talking he said he's on a RPG bender, mentioned I had Dragon Warrior IV, and that guide that was sold in those days, took it down to $500 cash + Game/Guide. Score. Normally don't have it, do have some left over tax cash but it can't stay out -- needs not wants. And I only had $100 in paypal so $400 short.

I posted my Gold Ball pinball that has been mostly unused in months(many) due to Pin-Bot. Within hours of it hitting pinside.com a member there in upper Michigan wanted it and took my asking price (which just was what I had in it alone, not the added parts/repairs I did (would be +100-125.) He's taking it for $800 and paying a moving company to truck it to him which apparently is a regular thing for him. So in the end I get a MVS, 9 legit games, 1 multicart, some additional items with it, and $300 in my pocket with some 2ft worth of corner space returned to my room and being a MVS -- it's a full arcade in one box. Score!

I ended up with what you see below, the multi-cart isn't there, but it's the 161in1 on the market (used or new is $100+) The other games with it add up to nearly $500 so the cabinet basically cost me DW4+guide.

Attachment 9146 Attachment 9144 Attachment 9145
    Attachment 9117 Attachment 9118

This is the full game list ripped from Neo-Geo.com forums between legit and + hacks.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...Game-Breakdown

Official Games Included
    2020 SUPER BASEBALL
    3 COUNT BOUT
    AERO FIGHTERS 2
    AERO FIGHTERS 3
    ALPHA MISSION 2
    ANDRO DUNOS
    ART OF FIGHTING 2
    BANG BEAD
    BASEBALL STARS 2
    BATTLE FLIP SHOT
    BLAZING STAR
    BLUE'S JOURNEY
    BREAKERS
    BREAKERS REVENGE
    BURNING FIGHT
    CAPTAIN TOMADAY
    CROSSED SWORDS
    DOUBLE DRAGON
    EIGHT MAN
    FAR EAST OF EDEN
    FATAL FURY
    FIGHTERS SWORDS (Korean SSIII)
    FOOTBALL FRENZY
    GANRYU
    KARNOV'S REVENGE
    KING OF MONSTERS
    KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
    KOF 2001
    KOF 2002
    KOF 2003
    KOF 94
    KOF 95
    KOF 96
    KOF 97
    KOF 98
    KOF 99
    LAST BLADE
    LAST BLADE 2
    LAST RESORT
    LEGEND SUCCESS JOE
    MAGICAL DROP 2
    MAGICAL DROP III
    MARK OF THE WOLVES
    MASTER OF SYOUGI
    MATRIMELEE
    METAL SLUG
    METAL SLUG 2
    METAL SLUG 3
    METAL SLUG 4
    METAL SLUG X
    MONEY PUZZLE EXCH
    MUTATION NATION
    NEO BOMBERMAN
    NEO DRIFT OUT
    NEO MR. DO!
    NEO TURF MASTERS
    NEO-GEO CUP 98
    NIGHTMARE
    NINJA COMMANDO
    OVER TOP
    PANIC BOMBER
    PLEASURE GOAL
    PRE ISLE 2
    PULSTAR
    PUZZLE BOBBLE
    PUZZLE BOBBLE 2
    PUZZLE DE PON
    PUZZLE DE PON! R!
    RAGE OF DRAGONS
    ROBO ARMY
    SAMURAI SHODOWN
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 2
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 4
    SAMURAI V SPECIAL
    SAVAGE REIGN
    SENGOKU
    SENGOKU 3
    SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND
    SOCCER BRAWL
    SPIN MASTER
    STAKES WINNER
    STAKES WINNER 2
    STREET HOOP
    STRIKERS 1945 +
    SUPER DODGE BALL
    SUPER SIDEKICKS 2
    SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
    THE LAST SOLDIER (Korean Last Blade)
    THRASH RALLY
    TOP HUNTER
    ULTIMATE 11
    VIEWPOINT
    WORLD HEROES
    WORLD HEROES 2
    ZED BLADE
    ZUPAPA

TOTAL: 97

Bootlegs/Hacks Included
    ART OF FIGHTING 2+
    C.T.H.D
    C.T.H.D SUPER PLUS
    DOUBLE DRAGON +
    KARNOV'S REVENGE +
    KING OF GLADIATOR
    KOF 05 UNIQUE
    KOF 05 UNIQUE 2
    KOF 10TH
    KOF 10TH EXTRA +
    KOF 2001 PLUS
    KOF 2002 CN
    KOF 2002 ICE-BLUE
    KOF 2002 LUAN
    KOF 2002 MAGIC
    KOF 2002 MAGIC 2
    KOF 2002 OROCHI
    KOF 2002 SUPER
    KOF 2002 SUPER 2
    KOF 2003 CHANGE
    KOF 2004 SE
    KOF 2004 SE PLUS
    KOF 2004 SMP
    KOF 94 +
    KOF 95 +
    KOF 96 +
    KOF 96 EVO
    KOF 97 2003
    KOF 97 CR
    KOF 97 PJ
    KOF 97 PLUS
    KOF 97 REMIX
    KOF 97 YL
    KOF 98 +
    KOF 98 OROCHI
    KOF 98 ULTIMATE
    KOF 99 +
    KOF 99 CN
    KOG PLUS
    LANSQUENET 2004
    LAST BLADE +
    LAST BLADE 2 +
    LAST BLADE 2 EASY
    MARK OF WOLVES +
    MATRIMELEE +
    METAL SLUG +
    METAL SLUG 2 +
    METAL SLUG 3 +
    METAL SLUG 4 +
    METAL SLUG 6
    METAL SLUG 6 +
    METAL SLUG X +
    NIGHTMARE SP
    RAGE OF DRAGONS +
    SAMURAI SHODOWN +
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 2+
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 3+
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 4+
    SENGOKU 3 +
    SNK VS CAPCOM +
    SNK VS CAPCOM RMX
    SPIN MASTER +
    STRIKERS 1945 + +
    SVC SUPER PLUS
    Last edited by Tanooki; 05-11-2016 at 10:10 PM.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice pickup! An MVS is an easy cabinet to get a lot of mileage from, and the multi-cart actually works pretty great... but it's always fun to get carts when possible. Keep an eye out for some of the good stuff not on that cart, like Shock Troopers and Windjammers, there's still lots of other fun stuff to go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've found a nice break down of the MVS listings here http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/MVS_Multicart so I can see what has a red X there. I'm sad that of all things League Bowling didn't make the cut. I've been eyeballing the SNES cart of it for years off and on and never popped, then I noticed it wasn't on this yellow beast.

You're right, it's very robust, easy to get into, the cabinet itself is nearly empty as it's just like a little console sitting in there with a 2 cart slot top on it so it's not hard to maintain by any means either which is best for me. The worst would be a monitor failure would be my guess. But since the previous owner was friends with someone on the level of a cabinet restorer/arcade operator who shopped the entire thing over nice and fresh it will last short of just murphy's law being a sadist. There's quite a few games I've never played before this evening on there, or seen no more than once like SNK vs Capcom (which is just evil compared to the Capcom vs SNK flip side of things) which should be fun to get angry at.

I can't wait to get Gold Ball out of here so I can put it in the corner where it is next to my desk as it's kind of the middle of the room at the moment.

By the way inside it has this little odometer in it, I guess it's the total coins tossed into the machine (not sure how you'd even reset such a thing) but it's only around 12.5K. That's pretty low given the age and the fact it has 6 digits on it. This one has had a sheltered life I believe.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

pretty cool, it looks to be in really nice shape!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just some light smudges/nicks on either side, no cuts, gouges, or broken wood or missing rubber trim type junk going on. Inside it's VERY clean, wouldn't even know it's as old as it is.

It's truly due to the multicart but also the nature of the beast a full arcade in a box, can't beat that. I've wanted one of these going back to the 90s, played a lot on one my entire time in college too. Never would I ever thought this would happen, not been so happy about a video gaming item in a long time (not including pinball in that.) Actually cracked a smile when I fired up Super Dodgeball, been even longer that a game did that with how the industry on the whole has gone.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 05-09-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah, that odometer is a coin counter. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, the pinout of the wiring harness on a 2 slot is basically stereo JAMMA with a couple of extra buttons, so you should be able to plug and play other JAMMA boards just by swapping the main board harness should you choose. The multi-cart has a couple of games that don't play perfectly (Aero Fighters 2/3, Bust A Move), but it really is a good value. If you don't have one, though, put in a test switch, as the default settings on the multi-cart are all fucked up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't know how to go about finding or installing a test switch but I think it already has one anyway in there. That one thing with the dipswitches I am annoyed with, but it is what it is. I got my ass served on SNK vs capcom before I realized it. I don't know the SNK character but I think it was a modernized Genan from Samurai Shodown 1 looking all modern but freddy kreuger. Ryu got his ass beat hard on the 1st round I was like whiskey tango foxtrot on that, barely eeked out round 2 then hurt him more on round 3 but stopped it there as I was testing stuff.

Within the coin insert compartment there are 2 buttons in a row marked from the factory very clean -- Test Switch, Service Switch, and then an actual metal switch for the AC Power On/Off. other than that there's the screw in fuze cap to the left of the 2 buttons and then the coin odometer above the fuse all mounted on this thick metal L shaped bracket. The question I wonder and I was going to start digging on that multicart was that when I went into the bios before on this and pulled the multicart it came up under some random game name, seemed consistent. In this case so I just go into there and use the joy/buttons and set it to like default of LV3 or 4 whatever that may be and it will apply to the games on that multicart or is this some annoyance to do every time?

Oh I checked the coin ticker too it's parked at: 12269

And yes it is a jamma setup. The former owner pointed that out to me as well that I could unscrew the SNK consolized motherboard harness out and throw whatever else in there that would work on a 4 button arcade game at the same time he told me of a 4 slot dock sitting on ebay currently for $100 which is supposedly low.

Now the multicart I looked it up. You're partly right. Aerofighters 3 in most versions found the 2nd stage the sprite/collision routines are fubar so you can't play anymore-- issues with bullets. The other is the Last Blade 2 loves to reset itself. Supposedly Blue's Journey will not have some audio or drop it all but I've tried that a few times and it sounded 100% right to me so I'm thinking I have the revised pirate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If the test switch is hooked up, press it any time after the game has booted up to go to your menu, where you can change your soft dip settings, where you can adjust things like difficulty, lives, continues, attract mode sound, etc. If it isn't hooked up, just hook the wire from pin 15 on the jamma harness and any ground wire to the switch (if it's a microswitch, pin 15 to the "normally open" prong and ground to the bottom prong) to make it work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think it's the multi-cart, if not I got your message there and I'll look into it.

Right now I'm looking into tweaking the difficulty on that cart. I saw this video of a home neo-geo where supposedly you can flip down switch 4+5 and the on screen menu on the 120in1 in the youtube clip changes and shows all the difficulty settings, and you can joystick left/right to set it correctly, then I guess you flip 4+5 back to before, and it locks them all wherever you set. His home system had the unibios too, I know I don't or it would say so on pulling that up I'm certain. Also if this thing is supposed to have a battery fo some sort it must be dead, it's not saving dates.

The guy isn't clear if he does this with the power ON or or off to start, pretty sure it's on but don't want to risk it. if I could get those damn games that are on diff 8 back to 4 where it belongs I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I have the same cart in your picture, so if you haven't gotten it how ypu want it, I can post some pics when I get home from work tonight to accompany the instructions, as it can be a little confusing if it's your first time messing with it. Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd appreciate it, but I think the setting of the data on the cart if that video I watched earlier is that straight forward you need to flip switch 4+5 (with power on?) and the game itself will toggle a setup sub-screen and you just L R the games one at a time to set the difficulty to 4 it appears, or tap 1 and roll down to it. If that works, and it forces thsoe changes to stick on the cartridge I'm game for that. If it's an internet MVS memory thing, dead end as I think the battery is dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I'd appreciate it, but I think the setting of the data on the cart if that video I watched earlier is that straight forward you need to flip switch 4+5 (with power on?) and the game itself will toggle a setup sub-screen and you just L R the games one at a time to set the difficulty to 4 it appears, or tap 1 and roll down to it. If that works, and it forces thsoe changes to stick on the cartridge I'm game for that. If it's an internet MVS memory thing, dead end as I think the battery is dead.
    The 120 in 1 is not the same as the 161 in 1. The board can only save settings for a handful of games at once, and a test switch will give you easy, instantaneous access to what you need. I'll post late tonight, but I'll attach pics of the wiring, menus, etc. From my MVS cabinet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I figured the deal with the test switch at least, I was thinking it was as such, the menu of the multicart just blocks it, but going into a game, you can press it and then fix the settings as if it was just the only board in there. Obviously the thing has that whole limit of 8 games, so that could get overwritten fairly quick if you bounce around which I would.

By the way found a nice excel print out of the game listing, I color coded it 6 different shades for varying genres I chose while leaving all the fighters blank since they were in the majority. Very helpful going for a game by style over title.

Also not a member of KLOV, but this guy made some PDF about the 161 I can't access, are you on there?
    http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=354875

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm not on there unfortunately. I'm only on DP. I know a few members in my real life, though. I do own a pretty healthy selection of AES and MVS carts, though, so although it isn't as helpful as that pdf probably is, I may be able to answer questions about default settings for specific games.

That multi-cart is super fun, though. It saved me loads of money by stopping me from buying games I already have on AES for MVS. Stumble across any new favorites yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I think I said it before but I added up the current reasonable sales window (2016) for every single legit cart I bought in the lot along with the multicart. The multi is a flat $100, maybe +$5-10 for having the additional info sheet sticker thing of all the games/boot/menu return thing. But the other games when coupled with it came up to nearly $500 (pre-ebay fees) so I was blown away either way. I felt the same way about the multi. There's some games I really enjoy enough but not enough where the price is unless I got lucky. There are a few games I really would tear into that are and are also not on there I'd like to have. League Bowling comes to mind as one, and I recall likeing CyperLip too and NAM 1975. Eightman hasn't aged as well as I recall but it's on the multi, so that was a savings unless it was stupidly cheap ($10-20) as it seems disliked.

I know how to handle the softdips fine. I don't think there's a need to use the hard dips for home use and it seems evident with the PDF of my model I found that the MV-2F seems very pleased with the thing yet the pre-MVS straight jamma style 1 slot systems mostly hate its (and it's smaller cousins) guts partly if not entirely not loading some games, various errors, or just failing 100% to work at all. I found a PDF for my specific board, seems pretty cut and dry, spookily much like a home console really.

You saw the image I popped up, you'll notice the flash caught the 25" screen and you can see around it, there's no border. Is that normal? I usually though some black border was in most arcades unless SNK was assuming people would just stick those fighting moves stickers around there. It's obvious where it sits now with a window behind, but once I can put it in its resting space soon it won't be so it's nto vital and I'd rather not unscrew the back anyway.

Now am I right to assume this cabinet, if I so desired, is fairly well pop n' swap as far as the sets of wires going out of it to the power supply and monitor/audio if I wanted to toss a 4 or 6 slot thing in there some day? I'm doubtful unless I got a steal on one, but I am curious if it's really that simple as just removing those mounting screws and pulling some cords or would one need a larger power supply?

Favorites yeah, but mostly flash back ones so far -- Super Dodgeball junkie I am that one is slick, hard though given you have to earn other captain to pull the supers. Eightman was but it's kind of rough with age but I still have a spot for it. Neo Turf Masters is badass, loved the NGPC one so it's a treat and I can birdie ok on it so it's cool earning extra tries off my faux quarter. Blazing Stars I had touched on lame tablets before but not in person and that's far cooler that way. Top Hunter is pretty nice with that virtual boy wario land type game going on with the dimensions plus the stretch armstrong play mechanic in the beatings. Blue's Journey I had heard of before, never played it, but that one is cool to see on there a classic platformer. I also used to score very well at Samurai Shodown 3 in college back in the latter 90s so that being there is a boon, but I could so see just buying that one. There is this odd shooter on foot Lansquenet 2004 which is kind of sweet (so far.) I never knew about Neo Bomberman and I'm liking it so far, jut have to watch the buddy system as to not get blown up by them and it's oddball cousin Panic Bomber I had on PCE CD 15 years ago plus, forgot it entirely but it's nice, just don't remember how to clear it. It's old and crusty but World Heroes I have a love of as well, was the first game I test drove when testing before buying as I remembered enough to still use Dragon (Fuuma too but used the Bruce Lee wannabe and won too despite not touching it since like probably 2000.) I also tried out Nightmare, that one is uniquely interesting, a spooky snow bros of sorts. I think i'd like that Prehistoric Island game due to the theme but I have to try it still. Odds are some of these (mostly the fighters) I just won't touch and some of the sports too more than once if that, just too much to pull from so I'll stick with the more enjoyable things or whatever the mood fits.

Oh and people made a joke out of it kind of over at NA for some years me grumbling about aero fighters on SNES. While not exactly a sub for it, owning both the MVS boards for Aerofighters 2 and 3 is quite nice as they're good stuff too (which are on the multi too though AF3 is jacked supposedly.)

I know viewpoint is a decent one I was looking to get on Genesis but that's a scratch since it's on there to try eventually. I did end up hating that wrestling game, don't recall the name but I got my ass beat and I have no idea why, never would let me pull off any moves.

Crossed Swords I think I'd love, same with Stakes Winner 1 and 2 but I can not figure out how to defend in the CS game and hte other I can't run for crap and stuck in the back half of the pack.

EDIT: Whats the right term for those little art boxes for the SNK marquee, mini marquee? I'm seeing that and other stuff like mini poster being thrown around and I know mini posters do exist I have a few for BAM/SS2, though not really sure where one would put those so I left them in the coin box. I see this one guy online prints new ones, repros for like $10/ea and $2 shipping which are on some near same quality ink/material as the originals. I'm thinking I'll pay up at least for the 161 in 1 since it hates other games with it, so why not slot both cards in to show it there on one and the game list on the other.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 05-09-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well, a four slot would be an easy swap like you're thinking, but a six slot is tougher.

Lansquenet is a hack of Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, which should be right next to it on the list. I'm in the minority in preferring 2nd Squad over the first Shock Troopers, but both are awesome. I have legit carts for those.

As your monitor goes, there is typically a bezel of some kind surrounding it and a plexi overlay, but it is unnecessary to the function of the thing, just an aesthetic piece, though on mine it's part of the structure with its oversized top.

Running regular JAMMA boards is super, super simple. You basically just treat the edge connector of the wire harness as a cartridge slot and plug and play. I run my Black Tiger pcb in my MVS cabinet half the time, and I have a bunch of other pcbs I swap in and out when in the mood. Most games made between 1987 and 1997 are JAMMA or JAMMA +, so you've really opened up a lot of new stuff for yourself, and there are a lot of inexpensive ways to play a lot of good arcade games on real hardware.

Oh, and Crossed Swords is great! To defend, press up to block high and down to block low. A and B together do a special attack that uses a bit of your life bar, as do Up A and B, and Down A and B. I have the AES cart with manual and everything if you want to know anything about it. It's hard, but in a way it's like a Punch Out RPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sweet so it's kind of like Dragon Quest Swords on Wii then, same general mechanics so I get that now.

I wonder what kind of options in the $0-50 and $50.01-100 range I'd have for just the cartridge alone. I know those boring cardboard boxes get spendy just like old Nintendo paper as often they got tossed. The mini-marquee(?) things would be nice to own, can't seem to figure that out yet but I see the $10-15 range repro racket is huge at least with one ebay seller.

JAMMA I knew of that, not about + though. Seems to me my dreams of owning a Super Dodgeball cabinet would be fairly realistic then I suppose if I wanted to find that PCB I guess. I guess I'm just terrible as I'd love to leave the MVS stock, may likely just leave it as 2 slot since the full cabinet is intact as it is right down to the SNK branding card on the front, matching marks inside and out. Mine seems to have a piece of just glass (or is it plexiglass) on the front, it feels and sounds like glass when I tap on it with finger nail. I really don't mind there not being some plastic shape in there around the screen as it does no harm as I was just curious more than anything.

I'd just like to figure out ranges on what would be realistic for me more often vs saving up, getting those min marquees for my current titles and how not to over pay, but I think that's going to take some time on ebay watching sales to be schooled and not get schooled. I tried signing up to KLOV forums, seemed it was accepted, but said wait 30min for some email I guess, so it hasn't sent and I'm stuck or I'd check that PDF and their sales records too.

Also would love a cheap storage solution for the carts if it's really needed since shock boxes are not. And is there a suggestion for a kind of cap or anyone sell them for the mvs open cart slot to keep dust and crap out of there?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

$3074 in quarters have been jammed into that machine over its life. Wonder how much that would weigh

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    $3074 in quarters have been jammed into that machine over its life. Wonder how much that would weigh
    according to the US mint, 1 quarter is 5.670 grams, so roughly 69,718 grams or 153.7 pounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hah I would have never thought to chart that out. That really isn't much at all considering what arcade machines can pull in. I would love to see that pile of quarters.

By the way celery I got into klov and snapped up that document, it's pretty cut and dry on one sheet showing what to do, choices and all simply laid out.
    Reading below that multi-cart general blanket setting bit was what I was seeing in that youtube video, just wasn't clear, this is. What I was doing was method 1 below not screwing with hard dips and just going in game off the multi-cart, then soft dip fixing screwed up settings. Now if that can really be locked into that big yellow cart I'll flip the switch and park every game at difficulty 4 since that's default and be done with it. I don't care to wuss it out, and if it is too easy I can soft dip a challenge.

Neo*Geo
    161-in-1 Multi-Cart
    Dip Setting Instructions

Methods below involving hardware dipswitches may require unmounting the MVS board to access the hardware dipswitch bank such as in 2-slot MVS boards.

Multi-Cart – Software Dip Settings

The cartridge itself has settings that can only be set using the hardware dipswitch (1) setting to place the game into the test menu.

 With the cabinet powered off – place hardware dipswitch (1) on the MVS board in the ON position.
     Power the cabinet on – navigate to the software dip settings
     Select the title listed below cabinet settings to make adjustments to the multi-cart. (labeled Pop n’ Bounce)

Individual Game – Software Dip Settings

Settings for individual games can be set within the multi-cart by initiating the game itself to access software dip settings.

Method 1 (For use with dedicated MVS cabinet)
     With the cabinet powered on and in the multi-cart menu – select a game you wish to make adjustments to by pressing the “A” button.
     Upon selection and start of the game – press the cabinet Test Switch button and navigate to the software dip settings.
     Select the game you wish to adjust the settings from the list below cabinet settings by pressing the “A” button.
     Press the “C” button to return to the Test Menu.
     Return to the game screen after completion of software dip settings by selecting “Exit”.
     Start the game that was selected (may need to add a credit if not in FREE PLAY mode).
     Hold 1P start button for 5 seconds until it resets back to the multi-cart menu.

Method 2 (For use with all MVS 1 to 6 slot board applications)
     With the cabinet powered on and in the multi-cart menu – turn the hard dipswitch (1) on the MVS board to ON.
     Select and start a game from the multi-game list by pressing the “A” button.
     Upon selection and start of the game – navigate to the software dip settings.
     Select the game you wish to adjust the settings from the list below cabinet settings by pressing the “A” button.
     Press the “C” button to return to the Test Menu.
     Set the MVS board hardware dipswitch (1) to OFF.
     Return to the game screen after completion of software dip settings by selecting “Exit”.
     Start the game that was selected (may need to add a credit if not in FREE PLAY mode).
     Hold 1P start button for 5 seconds until it resets back to the multi-cart menu.

MVS Board Notes:
    The Neo-Geo board can only hold up to 8 individual game settings. When more than 8 individual game settings are made, the oldest game’s data will be deleted from the memory to input data for the newest game. Use Backup Clear in the test menu to erase all old game data at one time.

Troubleshooting:
    Problems can occur on multi-slot MVS boards – it may be required to remove all game cartridges aside from the multicart or locate the multi-cart in other slots for better performance. Ensure cabinet power supply is outputting appropriate values if graphics or other glitches are experienced within gameplay.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 05-10-2016 at 10:42 AM.