Thread: 90's Arcade Racer Hits The Pits For Name Change, No Longer Listed For Wii U Release

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Exclamation 90's Arcade Racer Hits The Pits For Name Change, No Longer Listed For Wii U Release

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._wii_u_release

90's Arcade Racer Hits The Pits For Name Change, No Longer Listed For Wii U Release
    Gentlemen, (don't) start your engines?

The long-awaiting 90's Arcade Racer has been given a new name - '90s Super GP - but it appears that the title is no longer coming to the Wii U.
    The product page on the Nicalis site lists the formats as Xbox One and PS4 only, along with a release date of Fall 2016 - that's three years after the original release window of late 2013.

The game's Kickstarter campaign ended at the start of 2013, and a Wii U release was confirmed when developer Antonis Pelekanos - also known as Pelikan13 - partnered with Nicalis. In an interview with Nintendo Life, Pelekanos claimed that the Nintendo version would launch alongside the other editions of the game in "late 2013", but that never happened.
    A 2014 launch was then mooted but also missed, and fresh footage - showing the gorgeous visuals and smooth frame rate on Wii U - was released in 2015 to prove the project was still very much alive.
    We've contacted both Nicalis and Pelekanos to get clarification on the news and will update this article when we hear back.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    The DudeGuyMan

It's too bad this isn't showing a Wii U release any longer. I'm not a big racing game fan, but I enjoy the driving aspects, as long as it's more casual. This looks like a prettier take on the Outrun 2 / Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast kind of game, where it's less racing and more driving, with that heavy drifting aspect. That looks like fun. Looks great on the Wii U as well.
    Twitter Facebook YouTube Tumblr My personal blog
    Game Boy Guru project - I'm attempting to collect, play, & review every North American Game Boy release!