Thread: Dolphin Updated to 5.0 (finally)

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Dolphin Updated to 5.0 (finally)

after numerous little hot fixes to the previous version theres finally a major release to dolphin. Release Version is no 5.0.
    shows big improvement in the video they posted to you tube, i'm curious if fortune street will run properly now.

https://dolphin-emu.org/

it seems to me that with the new improvements it might require less processing power than before now that some of the emulation is being handled in a more efficient way.
    I used 4.x on a AM2 Athlon x2 4200+, 4 gigs 800Mhz XMS2 DDR2 and a Geforce gt240 with 1gb "high bandwidth" 128 bit ddr5 instead of the usual 64 bit ddr3 on most 240's. it ran most of the things I wanted well at 720p. I don't usually add visual enhancements infact most of them bug me so I turn them off.

hopefully this will change.
    I know what your probably thinking but I built this little computer from parts I found in the trash or were going into the trash.
    I found a bare bones shuttle XPC AM2 with a slower processor in the trash dumpster diving, the ram and the 4200+ in it now were from other computers I found in the trash, the video card was something my uncle was throwing out, I did pay for the DVD drive though but only because it was a drive that would read and rip both wii and gamecube discs.

i'd put more power stuff in it that I have laying around but the PCI express slot is on the outside edge so I can only use a single slot and I have a 5200+ but I don't think it'll be able to keep it cool or supply enough power, PSU is only rated at 250 watts. its a very cool little computer though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You got me curious. I had one of the 4.x releases from December of 2015 as I got curious when I got this new laptop how badass it was. I remember the game being glitchy but decent (Rogue Squadron 2 I downloaded, felt like the best test.) I guess I should try this and see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

5200+, as in FX5200?

I think those cards were out several years before PCIe came out. My FX5200 Ultra was a PCI card.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

5200+ CPU

any way I tired it out and the graphical issues that once plagued Fortune Street rendering it un playable are fixed. still a bit of a performance issue...

I wish I could find my flexable 16x riser so I could try out a r9 270x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I tried out the amazing still looks stunning Rogue Squadron, even more so on higher resolution on here. Running it on defaults as they set it, the graphics problems are cleared up, audio too, but it still has momentary speed issues during non-controlled cinematics/animations in random spots so something in the game code is not jiving with the emulator bogging it down in bursts which seem almost random. Game though is finally fully operational and a beauty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dolphin runs really well on Intel CPU's.

I have a Skylake Pentium G4400 and a Geforce GTX 950 and it works perfectly.

Honestly impressed with Dolphin 5