after numerous little hot fixes to the previous version theres finally a major release to dolphin. Release Version is no 5.0.
shows big improvement in the video they posted to you tube, i'm curious if fortune street will run properly now.

https://dolphin-emu.org/

it seems to me that with the new improvements it might require less processing power than before now that some of the emulation is being handled in a more efficient way.
I used 4.x on a AM2 Athlon x2 4200+, 4 gigs 800Mhz XMS2 DDR2 and a Geforce gt240 with 1gb "high bandwidth" 128 bit ddr5 instead of the usual 64 bit ddr3 on most 240's. it ran most of the things I wanted well at 720p. I don't usually add visual enhancements infact most of them bug me so I turn them off.

hopefully this will change.
I know what your probably thinking but I built this little computer from parts I found in the trash or were going into the trash.
I found a bare bones shuttle XPC AM2 with a slower processor in the trash dumpster diving, the ram and the 4200+ in it now were from other computers I found in the trash, the video card was something my uncle was throwing out, I did pay for the DVD drive though but only because it was a drive that would read and rip both wii and gamecube discs.

i'd put more power stuff in it that I have laying around but the PCI express slot is on the outside edge so I can only use a single slot and I have a 5200+ but I don't think it'll be able to keep it cool or supply enough power, PSU is only rated at 250 watts. its a very cool little computer though