Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy 27th Birthday Turbografx-16!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't blame you against the Genesis the TG16 has really no shortcomings at all quality wise, it does beat it in the a/v department, but with kids, eye and ear candy, snes smoked it. I happened to go in reverse and SNES expired, and Turbo Duo arrived with the n64 starting into a 2.5 years long drought of nothing I'd bother playing for 4-6mo at a time (wasn't into Rare collect-a-thon crap then in the 90s either.) TG/Duo is amazing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) stlgamer75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm with everyone else on the TG16 love. Got a complete boxed system off ebay back in the good old days of retro game collecting (late 90's/early 2000's). I only have 22 games for it but includes some beauties like Legendary Axe 1 & 2, Bonk 1 & 2, Splatterhouse, Bloody Wolf, Devil's Crush, Neutopia, Blazing Lazers & Fantasy Zone. I don't have a CD system or Duo but what I really want is a Turbo Booster so I can upgrade to composite finally! My favorite system to collect for even if prices are obscene.
    Check out my retro gaming blog - Cartridge Corner
    http://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

Console of the Month: PlayStation

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

wow it's been some time since I've posted on here, glad to recognize some usernames still of people I used to see on here YEARS ago! I am on a huge TG16 kick right now, as I never really gave it a chance due to all of my 16 bit love going towards my beloved SNES and Genesis. I sadly was never able to get a physical TG16 but thankfully I recently downloaded a TG16 emulator and have fallen in love with yet another 16 bit console! I've been playing the Neutopia games, Air Zonk, the Star Soldier games, and Bonk just to name a few. I am honestly upset with myself for not giving this incredible system a chance sooner! Great to see that so many of you share the love for TG16
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    I was lucky to find the system in 1989 in my local Radio Shack stores but most other main stream stores wouldn't carry it sadly so I know how tough it can be to find anything Turbo related.
    Toys R Us isn't main stream? That's where I got mine.

The TGCD I got at Electronics Boutique. The manager who sold it to me told me "be careful and don't tip the box because the laser has an electric eye in it that could be damaged easily."