Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default FS: Mr Backup z64 (Rev. C, tested, turns on) - $100 + shipping

Uh, hi. Anyone want this thing?

I tested this with a replacement power supply and it booted up. The LCD screen says that this is a Revision C system with bios version 2.16. The Zip drive appears to function just fine - the menu says there are four different files in the Zip disk that came with this device. I'll include the PSU I tested this with (but I recommend getting another one.)

My asking price is $100 plus actual shipping costs to your location. I ship from 92231, so if you're in California it'll be cheap, and if you're in New York it uh, won't be.

I do not ship outside the US due to excessive shipping costs. This device is heavy, so it would cost a TON to send it anywhere else. Sorry.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 09-24-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to replace that zip drive with a SD card drive slot instead? I know some of those older devices people figured that out.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to replace that zip drive with a SD card drive slot instead? I know some of those older devices people figured that out.
    I believe it's possible, yes. I saw some photos and it appears the Zip 250 drive is running on an IDE connection, but you have to use a replacement bios so the system recognizes the SD Card as a usable device.

http://silverfoxy.blogspot.mx/2007/1...e-compact.html

I'm not entirely sure if you can use a card higher than 8 GB. That page says you can't, it's likely a limitation of the bios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think that looks a little familiar. I bet I saw that at least 5 years back on another site as it looks very familiar to me. The problem I think would be finding a CF drive for it at this point, then however it goes, to get that IMG file to take into it so it would read the thing. I know I couldn't do that, but damn if I knew someone who did it would be a fun toy to have around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PMed for it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see the post title now has a price that is just way too much for what it is and the work involved. The Everdrive64 is cheaper than this and it uses modern (SDHC) media and is the size of a cartridge. I remember the price of these things back in the mid-late 90's (I had two of them purchased from z64.com) so I don't blame your sentiment regarding the pricing. Had this been the year 2000 that would have been one hell of a deal. But now there are better options. I just figured it would be a neat side project to get CF cards working with the thing as I still do have a zip drive, an old IDE compatible PC and a 3 1/2 inch CF reader to try to get it going....but not for a price that exceeds just getting the ED64 that is Not crapping on your sale but just stating the fact. I guess maybe the price would be appealing to a vintage pirate hardware collector, but definitely not to someone who simply wants to run homebrew/stuff.
    Last edited by zektor; 09-27-2016 at 04:12 PM.