Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The official Nintendo Switch thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Because I'd rather get annoying like Fiery and a few others have done over time. Fair enough? I have a concept of logic, but there's no point on wasting it on whining bitches when all you get is mouthy push back so I push back as well. You can feel however you like, but at the point of time I was let on to something it was what was known to them. Stuff changes, if that's a foreign concept so be it but as it is I won't be apologizing for anything in this thread as it was right then or my attitude problem either. I'm just going to get as mean as I have it dished out at this point, that's why I said I don't care. Ignore me, ban me, whatever you like, but an apology isn't happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Good bye tanooki, wont miss you!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone actually carry portable systems out the house anymore? I've like never seen anybody playing a portable system when I'm out and about. Haven't traveled with one since the GBA SP. Only take my Gpd Xd to free wifi spots to download shit. And that's in a backpack.

This thing doesn't look like it will fit in people's pockets. Especially with the tight ass painted-on pants the younger people are wearing nowadays.
    It's expensive as fuck too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would, and I do with Gameboy stuff usually, but the newer only during travel when I don't have to drive, and only if I have a game I'm into otherwise I see no point.

Prezz kisses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

See? You can be nice! Kisses to you too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Ive been burnt by n64, gamecube, wii and wiiu. Bought them all on launch day.
    N64 was amazing at first when it launched with mario 64, it made me wonder how crazy good the games would be down the line, but no game was as good as mario 64 in the console's lifecycle (imo). Ps1 had a better game lineup and variety, even if 3d was worst than n64.
    Gamecube had a few amazing games, like re4 and metroid prime, but nintendo cheaped out on dvd drive and ps2 and xbox games had better features like online gaming and dvd playback, and better 3rd party support.
    Wii was just a repackaged gamecube specs wise, with motion controls. Half assed effort by nintedo with no hdmi or hd graphics, and gimmicky controls. Some good games came out but i just cant get into mario galaxy or skyward sword with motion controls, after 30 minutes i get irritated by them. And image quality is terrible and washed out.
    Wii u... still an half assed console effort spec wise thats slighly better than xbox 360 released 7 years earlier. Tablet controller is bulky, battery drains in 2.5 hours, uncomfortable, and very few games found ways to use its features. 3rd party support is completely dead right after launch, purchases are not tied to account (again!?), lacking online features, 32 gb memory,poor controller (awkward joystick placement, no analog triggers make racing games impossible to play), ridiculous miiverse censorship, and i could go on and on. Competition has much better options and wii u's power should have gone neck to neck with ps4 xone.
    And now switch... still got crappy useless motion controls that drives prices up, terrible launch besides zelda of course, overpriced, re releases of wiiu games, and again feels like a repackaged wii u in terms of power just lime wii with gamecube. Its weak as a home console, but powerful as a portable. But its just too bulky and not convenient like a ds, and home console gaming on small screen is not as good imo. New Zelda will have tiny hud and hard to read text on it vs a game like link between worlds that was perfect for.on the go gaming and 30$ cheaper too. Portable games have always been cheaper because they are easier to develop and graphics and development are less ressource intensive.
    My point is nintendo never learns, they are stubborn and stupid. They still make great games, still love them, but cant support them anymore. Switch should have had a mario, zelda and metroid in the launch window, compete with ps4 in terms of power, transferable purchases tied to account, 500gb of memory minimum, ditch motion controls once and for all, get 3rd party to release all the big guns like ea sports madden nhl, bf1, cod, assasins creed to send a strong message to consumers that switch will compete.
    Games like arms, 12switch, and rock paper scisoors and ice cube shaking demos convinced me not to buy this system, then regret it, again.
    Nintendo had a chance to send a strong message to gamers saying "sorry, we're back!", but instead they just sent the message that they dont care about what we want. Nintendo being nintendo.
    Last edited by PreZZ; 01-18-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Does anyone actually carry portable systems out the house anymore? I've like never seen anybody playing a portable system when I'm out and about. Haven't traveled with one since the GBA SP. Only take my Gpd Xd to free wifi spots to download shit. And that's in a backpack.

This thing doesn't look like it will fit in people's pockets. Especially with the tight ass painted-on pants the younger people are wearing nowadays.
    I do, but only in the confines of my office at work during my lunch break. However I really don't get much of a break other than to chew my food down while working. So my Vita lives in my desk drawer.

But hey, it left the house....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They're only rolling out 2 million at launch. It's now proven Nintendo is fake with these shortages. What does a fake shortage in March get you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I was repairing a fiber optics connection to a golf pro shop at a golf course, and the manager had his kids there while he was waiting for my team to finish the repairs. The 4 kids had 3 cell phones and one ipad to play games on. They were passing the devices around between them to try different games. None of them had a traditional handheld gaming device to play games.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here are my hopes for the Switch:

1. Have a decent battery life for when it's portable.

2. 4th gen. Pokemon remakes.

3. Some games for Nintendo's neglected franchises.

4. Good third party support.

5. Don't be arrogant like they were with the Wii U.

That's pretty much it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting a kick out of Nintendo's arrogance and stupidity. Going for that casual audience(senior citizens) ain't gonna work this time. Why are they so hung up on motion controls? It was a fad, get it the fuck outta here.

Hope this shit fails hard so they can have 2 slices of humble pie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm getting a kick out of Nintendo's arrogance and stupidity. Going for that casual audience(senior citizens) ain't gonna work this time. Why are they so hung up on motion controls? It was a fad, get it the fuck outta here.

Hope this shit fails hard so they can have 2 slices of humble pie.
    The Wii was purely motion controls (except with a Classic Controller and using it sideways), while on the Switch it is more secondary. I also like the motion controls on certain games. Resident Evil 4 was absolutely amazing with those controls, as was Zelda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Meh!!
    You're so annoying with these edits!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    The Wii was purely motion controls (except with a Classic Controller and using it sideways), while on the Switch it is more secondary. I also like the motion controls on certain games. Resident Evil 4 was absolutely amazing with those controls, as was Zelda.
    They're advertising the thing like a Wii2 with that god-awful commercial. Who cares that it's a hybrid? Its been done before and failed. All they did was combine a Wii and WiiU. Why advertise the thing at all when they're not even competent enough to put a product on the shelf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

They're advertising the thing like a Wii2 with that god-awful commercial. Who cares that it's a hybrid? Its been done before and failed. All they did was combine a Wii and WiiU. Why advertise the thing at all when they're not even competent enough to put a product on the shelf?
    A lot of people care that it's a hybrid. Now, I don't care, as handheld gaming was never my thing, but many kids will be interested in the mobility. I agree that it is sorta a Wii and Wii U combined, but I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing, plus it has many new features as well. We shall see. It will be on the shelves this week, and probably sold out immediately.

We obviously don't see eye to eye, but one thing is certain. It will far exceed the Wii U in sales.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The hybrid has been done before. If people wanted huge open-world games on a handheld then the psp and vita would've been smash successes. Mobile games rule the market now, handheld consoles are the way of the dinosaur. Nobody wants to carry around 2 devices. I've never seen anybody playing any handheld system outside, anywhere. It's just toilet gaming, or when the tv is being used.

It's obviously going to sell out because Nintendo fails to put boxes on shelves. Fake shortages is so played out, people ain't falling for that garbage anymore. Just because you supply retailers with 4 or 5 machines that sellout doesn't make it a success. But I'm sure that's how the nintendarmy will spin it.

Over $100 for a single controller? Yeah, I'm sure parents will be all over this thing with that greedyass pricing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The hybrid has been done before. If people wanted huge open-world games on a handheld then the psp and vita would've been smash successes. Mobile games rule the market now, handheld consoles are the way of the dinosaur. Nobody wants to carry around 2 devices. I've never seen anybody playing any handheld system outside, anywhere. It's just toilet gaming, or when the tv is being used.

It's obviously going to sell out because Nintendo fails to put boxes on shelves. Fake shortages is so played out, people ain't falling for that garbage anymore. Just because you supply retailers with 4 or 5 machines that sellout doesn't make it a success. But I'm sure that's how the nintendarmy will spin it.

Over $100 for a single controller? Yeah, I'm sure parents will be all over this thing with that greedyass pricing.
    Hasn't been done exactly like this before. It's got elements of the past, but is pretty unique.

"Fake shortages" didn't happen this launch, as my Best Buy got 200-300+ in, and sold them all. I know this for a fact, as I was on line for 3 1/2 hours with 100 ahead of me for the midnight launch, and 200 behind me. We all went home with a Switch. They are sold out now, but there's only so much factories can produce at launch. Nintendo certain had a good launch. We shall see how fast they produce more.

You've never seen anyone with a Game Boy outside (not sure of your age, but if you are 35+, I find it hard to fathom)? It was as common as dirt at the time. Even if you are 20, you've never seen anyone with a PSP or DS on the bus? I seen it all the time on the express bus.

I will certainlly agree we don't see it much now at all. However, you didn't say "now," you said "never."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^The original psp was able to connect to a tv. The Vita has pstv. My gpd xd hooks to a tv, except I have a wealth of games at my disposal. It's nothing special.

You counted every single person at Best Buy? Why did you wait outside for 3 hours if there's no shorts?

Nope, never seen anyone carrying playing handhelds outside. And I'm 38 today. Phones and tablets, dude. Nobody wants to carry another tablet around.

Looks like those hideous controllers (that were made for hands the size of a 3 year old) have a major defect. And Nintendo is blaming everything else but their own product. And where is the dpad?

Be excited for that Zelda game, which is just a WiiU port. There'll be alot of switches collecting dust in the coming months when people are done jizzing all over that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My twitter TL is filled with friends playing TLoZ BotW on Switch, some of them asked a day off at work to play Zelda all the weekend. Great reactions so far, everyone is in love with the game.

You can buy a Switch in stores in Mexico, the price is $9,999 mexican pesos and the games cost $1,599 mexican pesos. The WiiU version is scarce but you can eventually find one without too much trouble and is prices at $1,399 mexican pesos.

I perceive a successful launch in my country.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!