Thread: Xbox One - Exclusives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox One - Exclusives?

With all the price drops on Xbox consoles recently I have been thinking about getting one. The driving force behind this is Rare Replay, an exclusive that I really want to be able to play.

The problem is that I don't want to buy a console at £150ish for just one title. I've been having a glance though the Xbox catalogue and nothing exclusive is jumping out at me.

Rare Replay aside, what else is there? Can anyone reccomend a handful of games that I couldn't just play on PC?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Unless you plan on buying another Xbox One at a later date, I'd wait until the Scorpio. And at that point, if you're not set on the PS4 being your main machine, I'd suggest buying all multiconsole games from that point on on the Xbox One.

While every first party game from this past E3 onward is also on the PC, Xbox One atleast has retail exclusivity if that matters. I'm interested in Forza Horizon 3 and the two State of Decay games, don't know if I'll drop the money down even on a Scorpio though just for a few games. There's less I'm interested in that the PS4 doesn't have than the Wii U has, and that's pretty bad, because the Wii U has hardly anything. I'm going to wait until every multiconsole game releases after the release of Scorpio though, because depending on the quality difference in PS4 Pro and Xbox One Scorpio will depend if I get the PS4 version of the XBO version. I'm pretty certain though that most games will run native 4k or 1080p @ 60fps on the Scorpio.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I have seen something about these hardware revisions looking over the horizon. I wonder how MS releases will work with their pushing the whole universal platform business.

Thing is, anything that is multiplatform I will get on PC. Since having kids that has been my go to more and more. Timed exclusives don't do anything for me, I'm not really a day one kind of guy (particularly with patches)

If Rare Replay is, as it stands, the pinnacle of Xbox only exclusives I may hold off until I can get a console for cheap as chips!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    The driving force behind this is Rare Replay, an exclusive that I really want to be able to play.
    You mean exclusive besides all the platforms that those games were originally released on. Like you I was interested in the PS3 for the Genesis compilation, only I decided I'd rather just get all the good games for the system on the actual system instead. Otherwise emulation is emulation so those games can be played on your PC as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    You mean exclusive besides all the platforms that those games were originally released on. Like you I was interested in the PS3 for the Genesis compilation, only I decided I'd rather just get all the good games for the system on the actual system instead. Otherwise emulation is emulation so those games can be played on your PC as well.
    RR has documentaries and stuff in there as well doesn't it? Yes, I am sure I could watch them all on YouTube, but it is not the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

My favorite exclusive is dead rising 3, mowing down zombies with the rollerhawg is so much fun and the apocalypse edition is on sale for 9$ this week! Yes its on pc, but apparently its not well optimized

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The problem is that I don't want to buy a console at £150ish for just one title. I've been having a glance though the Xbox catalogue and nothing exclusive is jumping out at me.
    This entire generation is like that. So few exclusives on anything but the Wii U. There are some Xbone exclusive games I'd definitely like to play, like DR3, but not enough to make it a good idea to buy one when I've already got a PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    This entire generation is like that. So few exclusives on anything but the Wii U. There are some Xbone exclusive games I'd definitely like to play, like DR3, but not enough to make it a good idea to buy one when I've already got a PS4.
    It would appear that DR3 is not really exclusive - http://store.steampowered.com/app/265550/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Apparently the game is not well optimized on pc... its still "console exclusive" for me! Just like kotor, forza h3, etc. They are xbox exclusive aka not on ps4 or wiiu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

If you're a fan of racing games, the Forza series in general is THE best! FM6 is stellar, and if you want something a bit more open world, Forza Horizon is stunning!

Don't forget Halo 5 (may also be on PC). Halo is just MADE for console. I would say the same thing about the Gears series, too.

They way MS runs their current ecosystem, I think the majority will also be released on PC. That said, I prefer the console. I don't have to keep fiddling with drivers and hardware, I don't have to worry about whether or not my system will play a certain game, and building a monster PC gets far more expensive than walking into the store and grabbing an X1.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It would appear that DR3 is not really exclusive - http://store.steampowered.com/app/265550/
    Close enough for me. I haven't had a game PC since the era VooDoo2 was king, and even if I did, I wouldn't buy games if I couldn't get them physical anyway.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hah, I'm in a similar position. I just got an Xbox One for Christmas, and I honestly can't think of what to get for it besides Rare Replay. It doesn't help that I predominantly play games developed in Japan, and Japanese games that pretend to be AAA Western games don't do much for me either. I mean, to give some perspective, the Vita is my favorite of all the current systems, as I love the types of niche Japanese games it gets. The Xbox One is getting virtually nothing like that. It's a damn shame too because I like the 360 a whole lot and it got strangely good support from all kinds of Japanese developers. So yeah, I'm up for Xbox One recommendations too.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Hah, I'm in a similar position. I just got an Xbox One for Christmas, and I honestly can't think of what to get for it besides Rare Replay. It doesn't help that I predominantly play games developed in Japan, and Japanese games that pretend to be AAA Western games don't do much for me either. I mean, to give some perspective, the Vita is my favorite of all the current systems, as I love the types of niche Japanese games it gets. The Xbox One is getting virtually nothing like that. It's a damn shame too because I like the 360 a whole lot and it got strangely good support from all kinds of Japanese developers. So yeah, I'm up for Xbox One recommendations too.
    The only ones I can think of are D4 and Scalebound. Scalebound isn't out yet though. They're not recommendations as I've never played them, but Japanese console exclusives.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I picked up Rare Replay just because of Conkey.

Nice system, though not many games that interest me.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been wondering what to pick up for the xbox one. I recently picked up a broken one for $50 that got stuck on the green screen. It just needed a hard reset. I wanted to tinker with it, but the fix was simple with this one.

Unfortunately, there isn't much I want for it. I have a PS4 that I use for RPGs and more unique Japanese type games. I might get the halo collection since I haven't played any of the games besides the first one. I have no interest in racing games or sports games. Does the xbox one have any RPGs that are exclusive?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

mostly western rpgs availabvle on other platforms sadly
    fortunately i like fps games and racing