Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete and updated list of PS4 indie/exclusive/limited/regional physical releases

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snoopy's Grand Adventure (2D platformer)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Snoopy's Grand Adventure (2D platformer)
    I'm not following. That game was sold worldwide on multiple platforms.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm not following. That game was sold worldwide on multiple platforms.
    I'm aware of that. But so is Shovel Knight, and it is on the list. It doesn't fall into the exclusive, indie, small developer/publisher categories, but that's the case with a lot of listed titles. The game is an easy, cutesy 2D-platformer, by far not as good as Rayman or Giana Sisters, but becasue of the gameplay and the genre I think it should be on the list.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    I'm aware of that. But so is Shovel Knight, and it is on the list. It doesn't fall into the exclusive, indie, small developer/publisher categories, but that's the case with a lot of listed titles. The game is an easy, cutesy 2D-platformer, by far not as good as Rayman or Giana Sisters, but becasue of the gameplay and the genre I think it should be on the list.
    Shovel Knight is not only an indie, but the Vita version was published by Fangamer which is a very niche publisher and the other versions were published by U&I and Yacht Club Games. Snoopy's Grand Adventure was published by Activision in support of a multi-million dollar grossing movie. Not even a close call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Shovel Knight is not only an indie, but the Vita version was published by Fangamer which is a very niche publisher and the other versions were published by U&I and Yacht Club Games. Snoopy's Grand Adventure was published by Activision in support of a multi-million dollar grossing movie. Not even a close call.
    I think the Snoopy game falls more into the realm of "budget" releases, games released by major publishers at a less than full MSRP (49.99+ being the cutoff). They key in shaping this list is looking at the publishers first. Funny, as I do own the Snoopy title, I ordered it from Amazon when it went on sale recently (like 14.99) and they sent me the PAL version...

In other news, I noticed the upcoming German title "Silence" is getting released on PSN in N. A. tomorrow. That further solidifies its chances of being physically released only in Germany I think. Overcooked is out tomorrow. Limited Run people should have got both Shantae titles now, just got mine yesterday.

Oh and the American "Toro" owner is selling another copy for $60/shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toro-ps4-gam...YAAOSwImRYFQAo
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Added DUCATI 90th Anniversary to the PAL Limited Exclusive list. Apparently only available in Italian Gamestop stores...working on getting myself a copy before that becomes ridiculously obscure...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Apparently GAME stores in Spain are releasing some Spanish-developed indie titles in physical format. Five are releasing next week and one releases in December. I added them to the list. And, of course, GAME.es doesn't ship to the U.S. Could see all those being tricky to grab later down the road.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    Added DUCATI 90th Anniversary to the PAL Limited Exclusive list. Apparently only available in Italian Gamestop stores...working on getting myself a copy before that becomes ridiculously obscure...
    Looks like it's a timed exclusive as it is available for pre-order on Amazon Spain for March 2017 release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Looks like it's a timed exclusive as it is available for pre-order on Amazon Spain for March 2017 release.
    I actually noticed that first and did a search on the game and found the Italian Gamestop release. Looks like they did add a little bit more info on the Amazon listing since, though (I think it was a 12/31/17 placeholder date before). Will keep an eye on it. A couple ebay sellers on ebay.it were selling it for pretty cheap, but didn't want to send to the U.S.

Found the website for the Spanish PS4 indie development project. https://www.playstarter.es/ It is in English. Looks like two more titles will be getting physical releases over there (Moerakis and Mindtaker). Seems like the titles are being developed in English, so they might at least get some digital distribution outside of Spain... Moerakis sounds odd "Moerakis is a frenetic American Football game, played in third person in which the protagonists are stone giants". I have a friend in Spain who is going to work on getting these, he says Sony is ramping up their ground game over there, setting up multiple game studios. Kinda cringing at the cost of all the importing I might have to do if that is the case...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Really? Wow... I haven't seen anything about a physical release from any sources I traditionally use (and don't regularly use). I'll hold off on adding to the list until someone can spot the PS4 copy. Somehow not excited about the possible existence of this one lol.

Is the Wal-Mart exclusive DLC actually on the box itself or is it a sticker on the wrapper? I did see this the other day when I poked my head in Wal-mart. Surprised to see all these "unannounced" exclusives all of a sudden at Wal-mart (or shall we say "de facto" exclusive since that is the only place some of these games are popping up lately). I'm half expecting to see that Forestry see a physical release here now...
    I just bought the PS4 version of Professional Farmer 2017 at Walmart this morning. So, it's officially out in the wild along with the Xbox One version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

I just bought the PS4 version of Professional Farmer 2017 at Walmart this morning. So, it's officially out in the wild along with the Xbox One version.
    Added to the list. Not sure if I should consider this a pure indie release or put it under the NTSC limited section, since it does appear to only be a Wal-mart issue... I'll leave it there for now unless we see more widespread distribution...

Weird it isn't on wal-mart.com yet...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Got a couple copies of the Ducati game from Gamestop Italy. This took quite a bit of effort and extra cost with package forwarding, but decided to take my chances despite a possible Spain release of this next year. Seen a couple used copies on ebay.it, but nobody willing to ship yet, so I went with the more "direct" route.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30532672723_5a8f6bccaa_z.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	9899

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

List should be pretty well updated to reflect releases through the end of this year with a few announced titles for early 2017 sprinkled in.

Thought I'd bump this up with a reminder that Wild Guns: Reloaded will be on Amazon tomorrow. Natsume has promised a bonus with all orders and has confirmed it to be a limited release.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Abzu is definitely not a Gamestop exclusive as it is now up for preorder on Amazon.com with the 20% Prime discount. Also, Big Buck and Monster Jam are no longer Walmart exclusives as Best Buy and Amazon now have listings for them for January release. Don't Starve is listed for March 28th on Amazon.com through 505 Games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Abzu is definitely not a Gamestop exclusive as it is now up for preorder on Amazon.com with the 20% Prime discount. Also, Big Buck and Monster Jam are no longer Walmart exclusives as Best Buy and Amazon now have listings for them for January release. Don't Starve is listed for March 28th on Amazon.com through 505 Games.
    Thanks - updated. Kept Big Buck and Monster Jam on the list with an added asterisk. Will move them to the regular indie part of the list once the timed exclusive does end.

I had heard that Don't Starve cancelled the physical release plans for now? Do you have the Amazon link. I had only seen it on VGP.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks - updated. Kept Big Buck and Monster Jam on the list with an added asterisk. Will move them to the regular indie part of the list once the timed exclusive does end.

I had heard that Don't Starve cancelled the physical release plans for now? Do you have the Amazon link. I had only seen it on VGP.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

According to Amazon, Abzu has been pushed back to March 2017 as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

According to Amazon, Abzu has been pushed back to March 2017 as well.
    That's interesting about Don't Starve. Another guy on the playstationcollecting forums called up VGP and they said they recently got a call from the Don't Starve publisher that they aren't guaranteeing the release, so they took it off their website...but now it is on Amazon. Head spinning...

Trying to find out from infamous UIG if they released Industry Giant on physical disc in the U.S. According to their Facebook site, it almost looks that way. May have to snoop around Wal-marts again a la Professional Farmer 2017. https://www.facebook.com/UIGEntertainment/?fref=ts

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's interesting about Don't Starve. Another guy on the playstationcollecting forums called up VGP and they said they recently got a call from the Don't Starve publisher that they aren't guaranteeing the release, so they took it off their website...but now it is on Amazon. Head spinning...

Trying to find out from infamous UIG if they released Industry Giant on physical disc in the U.S. According to their Facebook site, it almost looks that way. May have to snoop around Wal-marts again a la Professional Farmer 2017. https://www.facebook.com/UIGEntertainment/?fref=ts
    According to their rep in a Facebook post from December 12th, Industry Giant is getting a physical US release, although it might be later than December 20th.

"We will release the product worldwide (except Asia currently). The game will be available on the 20th of December in Online Stores and will be followed by retail releases in Europe and US."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Great work, guys.

I am planning on purchasing a PS4 the next week and this releases are on my watch
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I see that nobody has mentioned Rez Infinite.