Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Complete and updated list of PS4 indie/exclusive/limited/regional physical releases

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    I see that nobody has mentioned Rez Infinite.
    It's already on the list and has been for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I didn't see it. Sorry.

Aha, it's in the 1st group.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good article - thanks
    So many obscure games!
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    Good article - thanks
    So many obscure games!
    Thanks. It is a bit of a hobby to do this kind of amateur archival work. I collect a lot of these but not sure I'll ever go for a complete set, just try to nab the most collectible at the time of release in hopes to get the potentially pricey ones out of the way first.

Thinking of just going all out Google Doc and making an all-region checklist (sans Asian, except for English-compatible releases - I can at least keep up with all those).
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Just a note/reminder that according to the eastasiasoft twitter, they are prepping a physical release through someone else (not LRG) for April 2017. Didn't say what game or whether it was PS4, Vita or both.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Gamestop has just added Professional Farmer 2017 and Industry Giant II to their preorder list on Gamestop.com, both with a release date of 2/21/17. It looks like Walmart's "exclusive" on Professional Farmer is ending and Industry Giant 2 seems to have a firmer release date (the physical version is scheduled for release in the UK at the end of January). Industry Giant 2 is $40 on both Xbox One and PS4, while Professional Farmer is $30, just like Walmart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Gamestop has just added Professional Farmer 2017 and Industry Giant II to their preorder list on Gamestop.com, both with a release date of 2/21/17. It looks like Walmart's "exclusive" on Professional Farmer is ending and Industry Giant 2 seems to have a firmer release date (the physical version is scheduled for release in the UK at the end of January). Industry Giant 2 is $40 on both Xbox One and PS4, while Professional Farmer is $30, just like Walmart.
    It'll be interesting to see if Industry Giant II releases outside of Gamestop, but I sorta assume so at this point. I jumped the gun way back and ordered the German copy for $36 shipped before I even saw that UIG was planning a release outside of Germany. I guess I should assume they always will try to get their games out there. Looks like Silence lost its German-exclusivity pretty quick, Spain seems to be getting the game this month. Bridge Constructor is definitely still Germany-only according to Headup Games.

Signature Edition Games is starting to ship copies of Slain: Back from Hell (still available to order), the standard release is out in February, so this will actually beat that date.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Amazon just added Earthlock for 02/14/17, This is the Police for 03/01/17 and Battle Chasers with a placeholder date of 12/31/17, all for PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Amazon just added Earthlock for 02/14/17, This is the Police for 03/01/17 and Battle Chasers with a placeholder date of 12/31/17, all for PS4.
    Thanks - got it updated and edited some PAL and LRG release dates as well

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I found this thread so informative and useful that I didn't want to let it fade too far into obscurity. A new indie title to add to the list is a twin stick shooter from Argentian developer Ravegan. Exclusively available at Play-Asia.com and supposedly limited to 2,500 copies, the Limited Edition Blue Rider PS4 game includes a disc, manual, soundtrack and sticker sheet.

So I finally broke down and bought the German version of Kyurinaga's Revenge. This was released on disc in Germany back in October of last year and nobody outside of Germany seems to want to publish the game. Odd, since the game is in English and Spanish, but not German . It's gotten terrible reviews and is the follow up to the hack & slash game Yasai Ninja, though Kyuringa is more of a puzzle platformer. I didn't realize it at the time, but the developer, located in Spain, is the same one that made Toro for the PS4. So I now have 3 pretty bad games from these guys on my shelf, though I will say that the Kyurinaga's Revenge box art is actually pretty spiffy looking. The game case was shrink-wrapped with a bright cartoony 3D lenticular cover sheet laid over a 56 page art book underneath.

And then there's 2Dark. I bought the Limited Edition version of the game from the UK recently. I think the limited edition is the only physical version of the game available right now. This European crowd funded game was developed by the creator of the Alone in the Dark games. It's a stealth, horror adventure game about attempting to rescue captured children from serial killers. So what would make me think that this may never get a physical edition release in the US? Well, it's because the children the game tasks you with rescuing can be killed - accidently or intentionaly. I just figured Walmart or Target won't being willing to put up with the inevitable complaints.

Anyhow, the incredible amount of indie games getting physical releases has been a real treat and I'm enjoying collecting for the PS4 more than I ever thought possible.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Too bad that this great thread doesn't get updated anymore.

There is good news:

Inside and Limbo (both developed by Playdead) will get a physical release in a dual pack published by 505 Games. This will be the first physical release of Inside and the second release of Limbo after the Xbox360 compilation 'Triple Pack.'

Release date: September 12th
    Price: $30
    Platforms: PS4 and Xbox One

Link:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/limbo-inside-double-pack/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this list is very helpful, thank you all
    Games, games and more games

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads-up:

Sine Mora Ex (published by THQ Nordic) is available now on physical disc for the PS4, XboxOne and the Switch. PS4 and XboxOne: $20, Switch: $30.

Sine Mora Ex is a great traditional 2D shoot-em-up. So all shoot-em-up-fans shouldn't miss out on that one.