Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Default NES Classic Blaster Master Returns With New 3DS Game

"By Alex Osborn Azure Striker Gunvolt developer Inti Creates has announced the return of Blaster Master with the release of a brand-new game for Nintendo 3DS next year.

This upcoming eShop title, dubbed Blaster Master Zero, was announced during the studio's 20th Anniversary Fan Festa, and will release in Spring 2017.

Inti Creates acquired the rights to Sunsoft's 1988 NES classic, and is using the original Blaster Master as a foundation in creating an 8-bit experience that pays homage to the original, while also making use of current technology to optimize the game for modern day.

Blaster Master Zero will feature brand-new bosses and locations, as well as additional sub-weapons and refined gameplay. The story centers around a robotic engineer named Jason Frudnick and his subterranean adventures in his SOPHIA 3rd tank, as he seeks to track down his creature companion Fred."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...h-new-3ds-game

As a huge fan of the orginal Blaster Master, I'm looking forward to this. I think the art style is a little weird but interesting. I hope it comes out great.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Personally I hated Blaster Master, I don't know why but I just couldn't get into the game. I'm still surprised when I hear so many people loved it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately, I'm not into handhelds....but Blaster Master?? It is so tempting! Blaster Master is still one of my absolute favorite NES games. Level design, exploration, the use of the items and weapons, the boss fights, the atmosphere, all of the above is first class and spells classic game.

Unfortunately, the missing battery or password feature were the obstacles to make Blaster Master a true classic. Without them, the game was at times tedious, it had to be finished in one sitting; and the final world 8 hasn't exactly the easiest difficulty level.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've never beaten Blaster Master, the furthest I've got was world 5 I think, right after you learn the ability to let your tank go underwater, but played it multiple times and really did enjoy it. Like lendelin stated, not the easiest game to get into because too hard to finish with no password or save feature, so would be nice if it's classic style, but with some sort of quicksave feature. I actually might beat it one day.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.