Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I think I'm up to the final boss fight in Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure on PSP, but I've been holding off on tackling that while I complete some optional stuff. This is another game where online estimates for completion times are completely unreliable. Sometimes I check sites like HowLongToBeat, usually to pick out shorter games to play, and it helps for getting an idea of what games are crazy long (like, say, Dragon Quest VII) compared to those that are more reasonable, but outside of relative terms, I can't trust people's estimates much, especially when most people want to brag about how quick they can beat a game. Anyway, I have over 19 hours on the clock in Gurumin, with plenty left to do. Granted, my time isn't accurate to my playing because there were many times where I had to set the PSP down for a bit and the clock kept going, but the "completionist" time on HowLongToBeat is 17-some hours, which is total nonsense because I know to get everything in the game, you have to play through the whole game at least four times (on different difficulties). I'm not even gonna concern myself with that. If I want to replay the game down the road, then, yeah, I'll do New Game+ on a different difficulty (currently doing Normal). I'm just gonna try to do all I can with one single file. I still have some optional stages to do (optional if you don't care about getting the good ending, at least), and I'm working on getting Master ratings on all the stages I have done. I have more headgear to collect, and while most of the outfits would be unlocked via replays, I know I can get at least a couple with this file. I know I can get more pictures for the album too. And there's the whole optional quest to collect platinum medals for a drill upgrade. I've got 3 of the 11.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923

I got midway through World 5 on "Super Mario 3D Land" but then my week got hectic, so my breaks were non-existent. While the game is cute and I'm happy that so far I don't need to be Racoon Mario in order to obtain the big coins (a BIG point of contention in "Super Mario 3D World" where you HAD to wear the Cat suit in order to get some coins), the game wore thin for me. Not that it was hard (though I did drop a few lives trying to get a big coin due to me not getting the perception of heights of some platforms right) it's just getting old. I had the similar feeling with "3D World", giving me a feeling I'm getting "Mario'd out" in a platformer sense. I had fun with "Super Mario Odyssey", so maybe it's this 3D mixed with old-school "world/level" perspective?

I got to finally sit and play some "Boomerang Fu" on the Switch. It's a top-down arena style food-based combat game where you select a food (carrot, mug of coffee, ice cream bar, slice of watermelon, etc.), deck them out in unlockable add-ons (glasses, antlers, a fork, chef's hat, etc.) and then duke it out in different environments by hitting or throwing your boomerang at your friends, bots or both. We played the Team mode which allowed team members to resurrect their fallen comrades by standing over their bottom-half remains until a meter fills. Random power ups appear that can make your boomerang start fires, cover things in ice, split into mutliple pieces, be controlled by telekinesis, and more. Other power include warping through walls, teleporting to where your boomerang is, creating decoys (a bot version of you splits off), using camouflage (standing still turns you into an appropriate background object), etc. Sometimes you can pick up another boomerang to use that against your enemies.

The first go rounds it didn't quite click with me but the more I played, the more I got into it. Not as much as my kids, who were whooping and hollering. In games like this (and Smash) I sometimes have problems processing all the things that are going on at once. Sometimes I lose myself as I'm trying to get a handle on all the player movements while trying to stay on the move so I don't get clobbered. Other times I'll focus on my guy but then get ambushed. I got better but I have to really practice at it more. I do more assists than being a food Rambo like the youngest of my twins. She can barrel through that game unscathed.