I *finally* put Super Mario 3 to bed. The last tank with air support battle wasn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be. Bowser's castle I thought was going to beat me to a pulp but after a couple tries I got to the highest door and just a hop, skip and jump I got to Bowser. I lost my fire flower but I was able to keep the anxiety reigned in to let him defeat himself. That felt good. What felt even better was starting over-it gave me a full inventory of P-Wings! I blasted through the first world and I did NOT pick up any warp whistles. Going through each level was a hoot! I started world 2 with about 10 lives and I saved it for the day. I think I might just play through this world by world.

I had some time left, so I fired up Super Mario World. Wow....what a difference in speed! I was used to playing Super Mario 3, which had a brisk pace. SMW feels slow in comparison and that's probably by design as there's seems to be a lot more going on with the levels. I got through Iggy Koopa's castle relatively unscathed except for the boss fight. I was pelting Iggy with fireballs but I wasn't sure if they'd do anything. I lost my fire flower, so I just pushed him off the edge of the platform, which I didn't expect to be tilting! I do find that I'm not a fan of Yoshi, but I'm not sure if it's because of how he's used or the fact that I'm used to his latter abilities like hovering a bit while holding jump. I'll give it a couple worlds to see if it grows on me.