Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I've surpassed 30 hours in Mystic Chronicles for PSP via my Vita. Definitely meaty for a Kemco RPG. I'm pretty sure I'm in the final dungeon now (outside whatever post-game dungeons there may be). I've completed every quest currently available, but I could do more stuff in the coliseum. I hear some people grind a lot for the final boss, so if I hit a roadblock, I guess I'll do that (though I can't remember if coliseum battles give EXP). But I don't often run from battles, so maybe I'm good. My party members are around level 60, and they're gaining levels like crazy on the enemies I'm currently facing. This seems like the most labyrinthine dungeon yet. I hope I don't miss any treasure, since I am actually still lacking a few Training Books (but for all I know, they could be in the post-game).

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

There's an option in Mystic Chronicles for PSP to leave any dungeon immediately, without having to work your way to an exit, and while I didn't feel any need to use it before, I finally did so in the final dungeon. It's big and convoluted enough that I actually ran out of SP (which is just MP, really) for all my party members with healing spells. I have items that recover SP (not to mention plenty that heal HP), but I figured I'd start the dungeon from scratch anyway just to get a better grasp of its layout and explore the parts I had missed. Plus, I wanted to put all my new cash and materials to use in weapon/armor tempering. The final dungeon doesn't seem to have a logical flow to its layout, such that you could map it out as one continuous area. You could, say, enter way off to the left and end up in a room that you previously accessed way off to the right, without there being any kind of path that would loop you around. But I think I've combed it over pretty well at this point. I reached the room where I assume the final battle takes place, but there's just one more branch in the dungeon I haven't explored. So I'll go back and do that and then tackle Eveck.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I've been kinda stuck in Mystic Chronicles for PSP via my Vita. I've lost to the final boss a couple times now (the second battle, at least, assuming there isn't a third), and there's not much I can do but grind, if not for EXP than for cash and materials to improve equipment. I've been doing tons of tempering, expanding the variety of weapons and armor in my inventory, but it rarely results in anything better than what I already have equipped, and I'm rarely able to improve what's equipped, since the next step up requires rare materials, which I don't even know where to find in many cases. Coliseum battles don't provide EXP after all, so there's not much to gain from those besides a tiny bit of cash and the reward items. I've only gotten up to the intermediate battles there, and the rewards aren't that impressive thus far. Maybe they get worthwhile at the higher levels. I'm low on elemental crystals most of the time, despite the hamsters bringing some in. So I guess if I get desperate I could manually hunt down and grind on the enemies that drop crystals. But I have a feeling that I've been getting very close to defeating the final boss, so it might be as easy as gaining a couple more levels, which doesn't take that long.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I've been pretty swamped, so I haven't been playing anything much the last couple weeks. But I did beat Mystic Chronicles for PSP via my Vita, as I already posted in the other topic, and I'm chipping away at the post-game content. I beat the quests that opened up in the Holos and Nord regions (more hunting down mini bosses), and I discovered a section in Valencia Cathedral I never went to before (plus, they put some treasure where the "final" boss had been). Now I'm exploring the sections of Irkalla that had previously been blocked off. The enemies in there are definitely strong, but I can't complain because I'll probably need to grind even more to defeat the bigger, badder boss that's coming. I'm now approaching level 80 for most of my party. I'm assuming the levels stop at 99, so kudos to the game for actually making use of most or all of the levels. It's a nitpicky thing, but it kinda bugs me when an RPG has a max level of 99 yet you'll easily clear everything the game has to offer at, like, 50, and it would take an inordinate amount of time to pointlessly max out your level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't know how many times over the decades I have started Final Fantasy III/VI and not finished it, but I am starting again today on the SNES Classic, and this time I am going to finish it.

Maybe...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Ive been playing through Super Mario All Stars on SNES on a JC Penney TV from 1987. Im halfway through SMB2. Not a huge fan of this game. 3 was the best out of these but Im beating them in order from 1-3 then the Lost Levels

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I'm still really swamped with work and other things (which is rough, but at least I still have work, unlike so many others right now), so I've been barely touching any games. On top of that, I've grown a little bored with Mystic Chronicles for PSP on my Vita. I completed the quests that opened up post-game, so now all that's really left to do is fight the next boss. I gave it a try but got creamed pretty bad. So it looks like it's gonna take more grinding, but having already done a few rounds of grinding before the "final" boss, I'm not really in the mood to do even more right now.

My husband downloaded the 4K, widescreen Super Mario 64 that's out there. It's effectively a PC port of the game. It's really cool to see the game running like that. We took turns getting stars. The camera was driving him nuts because he's so used to the standardized functionality and control of cameras in modern games, but since I don't really touch AAA modern games, I still have no problem with the Super Mario 64 camera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

TG16 mini
    Ys book 1&2

I was playing streets of rage four on the PS4 but i've completed,enough times all ready.So i was in the mood to play the TG16 version of ys 1&2 again.I've lost track how many times i've beaten ys 1&2 but i still enjoy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

DonPachi & Batsugun(Arcade)
    Streets Of Rage 3 (MD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923

I picked up a GBA SP "101" model for a good price and have been playing "Super Mario Land" on it. I never really played it before and when I got the game last year, I couldn't SEE it that well on my (then) non-lit GBA. It's a fun little title though I swear some of a level repeats (placing of platforms, enemies, etc.).

And I got back into Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I FINALLY paid off the Dream Suite. Now on to the Mueseum Expansion.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dado.marinette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Currently I'm playing super smash bros 64 with friends.

So many good memories of this game, a pleasure to come back to it after all these years
    Check my last project of dice roller online at : https://www.dado-virtual.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PS4
    Contra Anniversary Collection

Finished the TG16 version of Ys 1&2 awhile ago.The contra collection was on sale and i was in the mood to play a run'n'gun again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923

Just beat the first quest in Legend of Zelda. I think now I'll focus on SMB 3 as I've never beaten it in the 30 years since I first played it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dado.marinette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Currently I'm playing Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage on ps1, I'm learning to speedrun.
    Check my last project of dice roller online at : https://www.dado-virtual.com