Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Finally have a couple of days off, so I'm spending some time with my two new arcade pcbs, Heavy Barrel and Lode Runner: The Dig Fight. Heavy Barrel is like putting on a comfortable old pair of shoes again, and after two plays, I nearly 1cc'd it. I have several boards that use the rotary sticks, so it's something with which I'm rather comfortable, and it's good to play Heavy Barrel that way again.

Lode Runner: The Dig Fight is a Japan-exclusive member of the series, and has multi-player co-op and vs modes to boot. I need to track down the extra cabinet harness, as the same board can run two cabinets in a Nintendo Vs-like fashion for two screen, four player fun as well. Still, I can fully enjoy single and two player modes as is, which is fun. It's fast and silly, loaded with ridiculous and stupid cutscenes between stages. Also, it uses a unique approach of time limits being the governing factor for losing and scoring, encouraging speed run-style play for top ranking. I did the beginner stages A and B tonight, clearing both easily. The cutscenes have atrocious engrish, and even a quick 1cc finish of stages B ends in a gruesome death for comedic effect I suppose. I dig it. Eh? Dig it? Boo. Cool game, though.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

NEO GEO MVS

Since I have the 161 MVS Multicarts in two of my MVS cabinets I have decided to sell some of my loose MVS Carts and MVS Kits..
    If the Game is on the 161 then it's for sale..

So I have been playing all these MVS carts ,matching up artwork....

Started off with :

MUTATION NATION
    SUPER SIDEKICKS 1 2 and 3
    ART OF FIGHTING 3
    BUST A MOVE 2

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I beat Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut on Vita and then finished a few little side quests and other stuff to rake in a bunch of trophies. Still only amounts to, if I remember correctly, 34%, as there are a ton more that would require me to play through the game again (many have to be done on a replay period, others involve stuff I missed). And I finally learned how to get water out of the bucket I placed under the drip. Turns out, a la Zelda, you have to drink a bottle of milk to get an empty bottle. But I hadn't touched my bottles of milk because the game tells you the milk is spoiled, and eating/drinking bad food takes a toll on both the protagonist's physical health and mental health. It's really dumb because there are a bunch of other foods that are in cans and bowls and such, which just totally disappear when you eat them, so why should anybody expect the milk's bottle to remain? I really hate inconsistent logic in games and having to discover something purely at random. Anyway, not gonna replay it, at least not anytime soon, so back to the shelf it goes.

In The Charming Empire on Steam, I'm on the Happy End version of Sera's Chapter 16, so I just have to go through that, zip through the route again for the Normal End, and then I can start up a new route.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been playing a whole bunch of different stuff, but not sinking a lot of time into any. Since finishing Hiroya's route in Period Cube on Vita, I started his route up again to pick different answers and shoot for a different ending. I'm saved in Chapter 3 or 4 of that run, obviously skipping most everything. I also started Runner2 (or the long ass title: Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien), and I'm near the end of the second area. I think this is my first time playing through a proper runner, though I've definitely played other games that had some runner-style stages. I prefer regular platformers, but it's still fun, just kind of repetitive with every level feeling like a variation of the same kind of obstacle course. I still struggle a little with remembering the controls, though. I've been briefly trying out random Vita games that have been coming in too. God Wars seems like a nice traditional-style strategy RPG, while Ben 10 Galactic Racing and F1 2011 I only bought because they're a little on the rare side (my first loose Vita games; I took a gamble and lost with GameStop.com's used games, hoping I'd get complete copies. I may still try to replace them with complete copies eventually.) From Limited Run Games, I got Broken Age and Deemo: The Last Recital. The former seems like something I could get into, but the art style is not my thing. The mouths are especially creepy looking to me. The latter I was looking forward to trying, and it was even more enjoyable than I expected. It really is a fantastic deal at $15 on PSN and sold for only $25 through LRG. It feels like something that easily could've been sold at the standard $40. I'm not super crazy about the idea of having to use touch controls (especially because I don't use any kind of screen protectors), but I can't claim it doesn't feel good. For a piano-centered rhythm game, tapping the notes arranged horizontally across the screen really does give the feeling of playing piano. I enjoyed all the songs I tried too. I'm not even big on rhythm games, but this one I look forward to sinking more time into.

I *think* that's everything I've played lately on Vita. For non-Vita gaming, I polished off Sera's route in The Charming Empire on Steam. I then started up Kagemitsu Togawa's and got a few chapters in. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm closing in on fully completing this one. I also pulled out my GBA SP to try a few recent buys. Mainly I wanted Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, since the idea of replaying one of my strategy RPG favorites on a handheld sounds nice, even if it does seem inferior to the Genesis original. With it, I got a copy of Riviera: The Promised Land, which I had a hell of a time trying to get to work, despite that GBA games usually play on the first try for me. Lastly, I played just enough of Yggdra Union to make a save. That last one is a dupe for me, so I'm just testing it to make sure it functions properly before I get rid of it. And at a friend's house, I got to play some 4-player Puyo Puyo Tetris on Switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Sonic & Knuckles (Sega Genesis, 1994)

What plugs into the top of this cart again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Sonic & Knuckles (Sega Genesis, 1994)

What plugs into the top of this cart again?
    Sonic 2 and Sonic 3.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I got Hiroya's bad ending in Period Cube (labeled as a "Merry Bad" ending, haha) on Vita, and hot damn was that good. Easily the most interesting part I've experienced in Period Cube so far. I love when everything goes awry in visual novel plots, haha. I keep hearing people complaining that most of the love interests in Period Cube are demented, and I'm like hell yeah, bring it on. Then I got up to the fourth area in Runner2. I think only one more after this?

In The Charming Empire on Steam, I'm up to Chapter 5 in Kagemitsu's route. Nothing too exciting yet, though it is interesting that, in the four routes I've finished or started so far, in two, Kei is the protagonist's tutor, and in the other two, some unnamed woman with no portrait is. Makes me wonder who the "canon" tutor is.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Lately I was on a hack n slash kick, Playing Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2, Diablo on PS1 and X-Men Legends on PS2. I still have work to do on each.

I bought a bunch of Wii U games I thought were must-haves but still only went back to replay New Super Mario Bros. U on the standalone copy of the game yet since that disc gets a separate save file from the 2-in-1 version. I'm on World 7 again there, not really caring about the star coins this time through.

Yesterday I finally installed a couple Sonic the Hedgehog fan games on my PC. Sonic World is a 3D fan game similar to Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 + Heroes and contains a lot of rare characters you can use in addition to the popular ones. There are also mods for it on top of that to add characters and stages. Sonic Time Twisted is a very well done 2D Sonic game that is like a cross between Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD in style. I 100% beat the game as Sonic but still need to play it as Tails and Knuckles.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing Mario Golf for the Game Boy Color. It's often just what I need to relax and unwind. Currently on the third tournament. Despite the razzle-dazzle music, there's something very peaceful about golf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Got this today and played it for a bit before work. Probably will play more tomorrow

Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Been playing Gradius II while trying to fix my Dou R as it shits all over my feelings. Gonna have to have it re-capped I believe. I just want to play Gradius II.

In my desire to play Gradius II, after beating my head against a wall for days, I subbed in some Gradius V on PS2 and Border Down on Dreamcast. It wasn't the same. Still, great shooters.

Played a brief co-op round of Lode Runner: The Dig Fight with a buddy after buying him lunch to celebrate some stuff in his life. He liked it a lot, which was cool. We played a bit of Heavy Barrel as well. Both were the arcade games on my cabinets.

This evening, we took our nephew out for his birthday. He was sweet enough to play a game of MLB Baseball on NES with my 2 year old son:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170717_195648.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	10337

After my boy went to bed, he and my wife played a game of Baseball Stars 2 on Neo Geo MVS on my cabinet. Neither had played it, but they had a blast, with my wife winning in 13 innings. Fun stuff!

I may slap in Gradius Gaiden or IV before bed. I really wanna play II on PCE. Blech. Anybody recommend a good cap service? It'll take me too long to do it myself. I'm a slow solderer.

Oh! Put in a new kitchen sink and garbage disposal for my wife today. Turned out great, which takes a bit of the sting off of my Duo woes.

Insert Coin (Level 0) danny_galaga's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Modern- still putting countless hours into Elders Scrolls:Skyrim on PS3

Retro- Had a mate over last week and we spent the whole evening playing Bank Panic on my Mame cab with only small intermissions of Puzzle Bobble and Elevator Action (",)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

xbox one- imported Raiden V
    ps4 wipeout omega and yakuza
    pc- quake beta and forza 6 apex
    switch mario kart 8 deluxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Playing some old PS1 Games I purchased at a Flea Market..

Auto Destruct...I don't remember owning this game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

After a week long, knock down, drag out fight with my Duo-R, that bitch is playing my games. I finally played some lovely, seamless Gradius II. I then played some Gate of Thunder, R-Type Complete, Super Darius, and L-Dis. Everything seems on point after about 2 hours of play. Horizontal shooting happiness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Been testing my Duo R every day since repairing it, and it's still going strong! Did Gradius II and Final Zone II tonight.

Afterward, I played King of Fighters 2000 on Neo Geo AES for the first time in a bit. 1CC on normal. Not too bad given the ring rust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Oh, man. As big of a pain as it was to fix my Duo-R, it has gotten me in love with the Turbo all over again. Still playing Gradius II, because it's the shit. Also, played some Download, which is one of my favorite shooters.

Having figured out and basically bulletproofed my Duo inspired me to fix the bad RF port on my US Turbografx as well, which was a breeze to re-flow one cracked solder joint. I played some Super Star Soldier and beat Vigilante, as well as getting my ass handed to me at Aero Blaster and Sinistron. Sinistron is awesome. I'm having so much fun I might pop open a sealed game like Exile or Cosmic Fantasy 2 next weekend.

Now that my sister's divorce is finalized, I'm also helping her get her stuff up and running again. Aside from talking her into getting back her copy of Dragon Force that I gave her years ago from her ex, I went through and organized her stuff, had some of her damaged games resurfaced (Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Mario Kart Wii), hooked up some consoles and cleaned them up, and then helped her decide on selling some Genesis games they never play in order to re-purchase her favorite game, Brigandine. I bought that damned game for her TWICE, and her oldest daughter broke it twice. The girl also broke most of their controllers, which my sister can't afford to replace right now, so I ordered parts to repair apl of their Gamecube and N64 controllers as well as new battery covers for their Wii-motes and replacement covers for the GC controller ports on the Wii. Lots of work done and yet to do!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just did a nice clean 1cc run on Gate of Thunder on PCE CD. Definitely one of my personal favorite horizontal shooters. It and Gradius II are probably at the top of my list. Both have fair challenge and can be cleared on skill over memorization. Great stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ugh, shouod've been asleep hours ago, but made the huge mistake of eating at a Denny's for the first time in probably five years. It was disgusting, and I stopped eating part way in, but still have had, um, let's call it gastral distress all night.

To make lemonade from those lemons, I sat down and started a new "Quest Mode" run on Final Lap Twin. Getting started is much tougher than in World Court Tennis, but it's really great once you get some new parts. If you didn't know, it's a Dragon Quest-inspired racing RPG on the Turbografx in which the random encounters are one lap races, with bosses being three lap encounters with more rival cars. You don't gain EXP, but rather simply money for new parts. You have to defeat each town's big boss in order to make your way to the world championship.

I cleared out the first four towns before snagging a password to go to bed. Comically, the manual is full of incorrect info, likely stemming from a beta translation. It claims your sister will help you, though it's your dad in the final release, has the wrong name for the first town, incorrect item and command names, etc. Pretty funny stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Spent some time playtesting a copy of D on Saturn I had spare for someone, and it freezes on Disc II in the rotating room. I sure wish it had a cheat to start at Disc II for when I have it resurfaced.

Finished Final Lap Twin. That last race is a bitch. Funny ending, though...