Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check 2017 & 2018 Edition (GAMEPLAY)

Happy New Year..

Playing these>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8952mmmm.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	10096  
    Last edited by Videogamerdaryll; 12-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Videogamerdaryll For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (02-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Still tearing my way through Final Fantasy XII, with just a hint of Borderlands 2 TVHM.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I wanted to get Corpse Party on my Vita finished off in 2016, considering I started it in, what, summer, but that didn't happen. At least I got my first end in the final chapter, but it was a wrong end of course, so no actual beating of the game. I kinda don't know what I'm doing anymore, haha. It's not helping that I'm going long stretches between playing. I have no idea what I could've done differently outside of way back near the beginning of the chapter. Everything else felt pretty linear, unless I was supposed to avoid picking something up or switch who I was controlling at earlier points. But, yeah, I know that when Yuka is being chased, you can have her caught or successfully run away. Everything I did before that wrong end was after letting Yuka get caught, and I know if I have her run away, there's then an option in the long cutscene after that which results in a pretty significant diversion, or so it seems. That seems like the "right" thing to do, whereas with the course of events that led to the wrong end, everything seemed to be going to hell, haha. So I guess I'll start way back with my Yuka save and see where that takes me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Looking back I played Fallout 4 for over a year -forced to start over twice due to saving issues,now I am at nothing else to do in the game so I started Battlefield 1 ...
    Having played nothing else but old school games and racing/arcade games my feel for a FPS is way off being so accustomed to Fallout 4.
    I am enjoying Battlefield 1 playing the tank levels over and over"milking the game out for as long as I can.

Otherwise I'm playing ZOOKEEPER

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I went to MAGFest last weekend, as I do most years, but I can't say I played much while there. Practically every machine in the arcade was occupied whenever I checked it out, and when I managed to get on a machine, it was half-broken more often than not. I did play a little Centipede. They had like 3 or 4 cabinets of it, but only one had a trackball that was working properly. I really wish the attendees would show more respect and not beat on the machines or play them with gross, sticky hands or whatever.

Back at home, I've been totally exhausted since (so far I'm not sick at least), and since I powered through all my work before MAGFest, I've had the luxury to be a lazy sack, haha. So I've been playing more Corpse Party on my Vita. I got another wrong end, and now I have the key to the principal's office. I don't know how close I'm getting to the end, but there are still something like 4 or 5 wrong ends I've yet to get in this chapter.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I got two more wrong ends in Corpse Party on my Vita, and I suspect that I'm reeeeaaally close to the end of the game. In fact, it seems like I'm up to the last scene, but who knows, maybe there's more. I did get a wrong end on it, and that seemingly leaves two more wrong ends that are either concurrent or follow. Then there's one other wrong end that seems to be close to the beginning of the chapter that I missed. I've found name tags for most of the corpses in Chapter 5 (the game especially dumped a bunch on me just a bit before where I'm currently at), though I think there's around 7 or so that I'm still lacking. No idea if I somehow missed them or if I haven't even gotten up to them yet. I have heard something about a corpse in the game being glitched, such that it'll never add itself to the list, but that wouldn't account for so many anyway. I also unlocked another extra chapter, which was just another short cutscene.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Now that I've beaten Corpse Party, I'm just working on getting the things I missed. I got the three wrong ends I missed in chapters 1 and 2, which weren't a big deal, even if if I did have to restart both chapters from scratch for two of them. What's really ticking me off is the single corpse name tag I missed in Chapter 3. I got all of the endings in Chapter 3, so that's the sole thing I missed in it. I totally forgot about it, but there was a corpse at the very end of the chapter that was blocked by victim's memoirs. Turns out you're forced to pick between getting either the corpse or the wrong end from reading all five of the chapter's memoirs. It'd be fine if I could just load up an old save, skip reading the earlier memoirs, and then get the corpse, but I loaded up all four frickin' Chapter 3 saves I had, starting from the one closest to the end of Chapter 3 to the oldest save, and EVERY damn one of them had all of the first four memoirs read, meaning that stupid fifth memoir would show up every damn time, blocking the corpse. So not only did I waste my time completing the chapter four times over with those saves, but now I realize I have to start from the very beginning of the damn chapter to get that corpse at the end. And unlike the previous chapters, Chapter 3 is more lengthy. My oldest save was like 2/3 of the way in the chapter. It's BS that they give you access to all of the first four memoirs that early in the chapter. It's like they really want to screw you out of getting that last corpse of the chapter. Really, this is what most of my missed stuff is like. Things where you have to deliberately avoid checking out a room or item, so the player is essentially punished for exploring and being thorough.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

After I got the pain in the ass corpse I was missing in Chapter 3 of Corpse Party on my Vita, thankfully, the remaining stuff I was missing was all relatively quick and easy to get. It's annoying that the US release eliminates access to one corpse, leaving the list forever incomplete, but having acquired everything 100% as far as this release goes, I'm all done.

I started up Ozmafia on PC for the first time in about a month, where I was seemingly in the middle of Caramia's route, but playing a bit further, I think I actually stumbled onto how to get on Hamelin's route. I wasn't planning to do his just yet, but whatev, I'll roll with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Two player King Of Fighter 2000 and Street Fighter II against my oldest Son,I can't beat him...

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

One of my best friends came by for awhile yesterday to get lunch and visit. We played through the Punisher (arcade) co-op before lunch.

My brother and his family came by in the evening, and aside from some board games (Blockers, Sequence), I hooked up tge GI Joe pcb (whose sound issue is literally driving me nuts) so he could see how awesome the game is... because it is the shit.

I cannot find anyone who can do the work on that stupid hybrid sound chip to re-cap it for a reasonable price. One guy offered to do it for more than a new board costs. Fuck that. I know how to do the job, but I just don'r trust my hands to do tge tiny surface mount soldering while working overnights. Until sleeping last night, I had been awake for nearly 60 hours straight. I handle lack of sleep okay, but it does NOT facilitate steady hands.

I finally joined KLOV the other day in hopes of finding a reasonable tech there, and maybe some more arcade players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Tonight, after my grandma's wake, my sister came over with my oldest nephew. He and I played through the Punisher together, and he really got into it. He only had to continue about 3 times, which is pretty solid for a first time player! It got him more curious about my cabinets and PCB collection, so we pulled out all of my loose PCBs and talked through them. He tried out a little of GI Joe and Ninja Baseball Bat Man, which he dug, and then a little Devastators so we could laugh at how shitty it is compared to GI Joe. Pretty good night, and fun to see my 16 year old nephew get into the classics a bit.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I played a tiiiiny bit more of Ozmafia on PC, clearly on Hamelin's route now, but it was so little that it's barely worth mentioning.

With my Vita, I've been sitting on a brand new 32GB memory card for about half a year now, but I've been waiting to finish what I was in the middle of on my 4GB card before making the switch. I mean, it's not that I can't transfer the files and such, but I'm lazy, haha. And it's not that I'll never use the 4GB card again either, but I don't really feel like switching back and forth much. So anyway, I started up Norn9 for the first time in just a couple months shy of a year (not counting an attempt on a flight back in September; I couldn't hear the voice acting at all over the background noise of the plane so I just immediately turned it off). I left off in Chapter 4 of Heishi's route, and I played until Chapter 5 started.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Got Rebooteroids for Jaguar a few months back and I am still playing it daily. Such a great take on Asteroids, but even better. The two player coop is a blast. Got some great high scores. I can not recommend this game enough. Instant classic!

Anyone else grab this little gem yet? Just another reason to buy a rotary controller for the Jaguar!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Nintendo Double Dribble ..I am No good at this game..lol

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Messing around with Tail Concerto on ps1. Weird game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I haven't been on the site much since having kids, but my oldest(5) has been getting into games recently. So I've been playing a lot of Goof Troop for the SNES, which is his favorite of "Daddy's games". It's got nice solid gameplay. Not too hard, not too easy.

Otherwise I've been slowly working through my DS library and just about to finish the first Ace Attorney game.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    I haven't been on the site much since having kids, but my oldest(5) has been getting into games recently. So I've been playing a lot of Goof Troop for the SNES, which is his favorite of "Daddy's games". It's got nice solid gameplay. Not too hard, not too easy.

Otherwise I've been slowly working through my DS library and just about to finish the first Ace Attorney game.
    Goof Troop ended up far more interesting than it probably should have. I expected another licensed platformer when I saw it was a game in the early '90s, but its puzzles and co-op really felt pretty unique! Maybe not an all-time classic, but definitely something that stands on its own with or without a license.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Even though I feel like I put practically no time into it, I finished off Hamelin's route in Ozmafia on PC. Presumably not the good ending. Maybe the events leading into the good ending add a decent chunk of time to it. Or maybe it's just a short route in general, considering it is a "secret" route and all. Either way, I'm gonna get back to pursuing Caramia's good ending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I sat down last night wrapped up under a blanket recovering from sickness and playing Strider on PS3. I first started it about a year and a half ago, but had gotten sidetracked. I picked it back up last night, and wow, I'd forgotten how much I really like that game. I probably gave it a solid four hours during my quiet night alone, and it gets continually better as it goes on. Story-wise, it's just a re-telling of the same Strider vs Meio saga, but it controls like a champ, and that's coming from someone who doesn't care for analog control in 2D games.

The backgrounds can be a bit same-y, but variety is there, especially as you get deeper into the game. The boss fights are well designed, old school pattern-based affairs, and each is fought differently. The exploration is rewarding, with a good balance of secrets and progression. I like that not all functional upgrades are guarded by bosses, and the map function illuminating major items helps for completion, as do the menu tallies.

I'm at the tail end now for this play, and considering hunting all of the odds and ends down just to spend more time in it. It's a very good synthesis of Strider and Metroid, and I'm so glad it came out on disc in Japan (plays in english), or I probably never would have played it.
    Last edited by celerystalker; 02-01-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Finished my playthrough of Strider on PS3. I have to say, it's becoming one of my favorite games in the Metroid style. The amount of secrets to find makes exploring fun and worthwhile, the boss fights offer a lot of variety, and the catapult mechanic is a really enjoyable gameplay element. The only real criticisms I'd level at it are that the backgrounds can be a bit on the dark side, which obscures the wonderful details, and there's no New Game+ or continuing to explore post game for completion. Saving after you beat it retains your unlocked extras, but wipes you progress otherwise, which sucks, leaving only a completion time and percentage to recall it. Still, the game was extremely satisfying, and any fan of Metroid or Strider ought to give it a whirl.