Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Playing Gameroom Classics SNK NEO GEO Bartop Arcade Machine.
    https://youtu.be/XcoLO8p6GfA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26169577_574727309533767_2453418620370015859_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	10486  
    Last edited by Videogamerdaryll; 01-10-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm on Chapter 12 in Renji's route in Gakuen Club now. I feel like chapters in this route are a little bit longer than in Wataru's, but still not as long as in Saku's. Makes it easy to blow through a couple chapters each morning as I have my tea and breakfast.

In Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP, I was done with the world containing the Guardians base in no time, and the next barely counted as a "world" with how little it had. Now, with 42 MAGI, I'm on the world ruled by Venus, which has a whopping 17 MAGI to collect. I explored Venus's town, stopped by the town full of outcasts, and then got my butt royally kicked in the sewers. I tried opening a treasure chest, but it contained monsters (first time I've seen that in this game), and even with Odin reviving me over and over, I just couldn't manage to ever beat them. I was just too unprepared, so I ended up having to simply turn off the game. I've never made a point to grind so far (which is usually a bad idea in SaGa games, anyway), but maybe I should do a little so that I can at least buy a couple more better pieces of equipment.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm sitting at the Normal End version of the last chapter in Renji's route in Gakuen Club on PC, so I'm nearly done with this route too. I like how this route has had a bit of a different focus than the others. The whole rankings in the nightclub and the favor granted to the winner business is a total afterthought here, instead focusing on Renji's concert. The one thing that kind of bugs me is how they make the headmaster seem impossible just to meet with, even though he was fairly accessible in the other routes.

As for Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP, everything fell into place pretty well after I got through the sewers. Though, I did end up fleeing the monsters for a decent portion of the volcano, since I had totally run out of ways to heal my party. Then there was a long (for this game) cutscene with Flora, Nils, and Leon, and Venus went down pretty easy. With that, I'm up to 59 MAGI and ready to move on to the next world. I'm guessing there's only one or two worlds left, since there are only 18 MAGI to go until I have all 77.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Whoohoo, only one route left in Gakuen Club on PC! I finished off Renji's and then started up Yuya Yamaoka's. I have to admit that I am losing a little steam, but I think it's more visual novel fatigue in general than growing sick of this specific game. It's still nothing remarkable at all, but it's nice game to just turn my brain off and relax with. Playing a visual novel and an RPG at the same time probably isn't the wisest idea for me. I'm starting to crave something with more action, but I want to get these finished off before I start up anything new.

As for said RPG, I guess Final Fantasy Legend II has more life left in it than I thought. After Venus's world having so many MAGI, I expected the following world(s) to have a good number too. But the next world literally had nothing but one town, and the only thing to do there was a "race" (more like a dungeon with a single, linear path). I cleared that, got the four MAGI in that world, and moved on to the next, which also only has four, except this is a much bigger world that's based on Edo, Japan. The theme is a little dull, in my opinion. There are a bajillion games based on historical Japan, and I play RPGs like SaGa and Final Fantasy for fantasy worlds. Well, no matter, it's just one of many in this game. And I am wondering why bananas are apparently illegal in this world, haha.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My progress in Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP has ground to a halt. After clearing Edo, I moved on to a world that has nothing but a single dungeon, called "Nasty Dungeon", haha. By that, they mean it's a real trial to get through, not that it's a gross environment. I got the world's single MAGI at the entrance, so I guess the dungeon is optional? But I don't want to just skip it. I've been chipping away at it, but so far, before I even get halfway through (I hear it's got eight floors), my robot is totally out of attacks (even though I've got like three different weapons on him; I really don't want to sacrifice another piece of armor, and in turn defense, to put on a fourth weapon), and I've exhausted my healing items. I don't even bother buying curing potions anymore, since you only get four uses for each item slot. This game is a battle with menu space, so now I just get a couple Cure spells, which give me a total of 60 uses. My mana on everyone but the robot is good enough that they can all heal well with the Cure spell. My robot barely takes any damage anyway (with the armor I've got equipped), but there's a little trick you can abuse to heal robots for free.

It's been over two months since I last played it, but I loaded up Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC again. I think I left off pretty close to the end of Miki's route, but it's hard to say. Some of these romance visual novels end right with the characters confessing their feelings, others go for a long time with the characters as a couple.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm still hung up on the Nasty Dungeon in Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP. I'm just doing run after run, trying to inch my way a little farther each time and hoping I get some stat increases along the way (which mostly only come on the first floor or two, since the farther I get in, the more frequently I end up running away from battles). At least I can clear over half now. And maybe it's just my imagination, but I feel like some of the later floors have easier random battles on the average than earlier ones.

I also finally tried out my Secret Santa PSP games, after having a little drama with my PSP itself. It's probably been at least a couple years since I last used it, and when I started it up, it was just not attempting to load any UMDs whatsoever. I was freaking out a little, thinking my UMD drive totally died on me, which would really hurt because I love this Star Ocean limited edition PSP that I imported at its launch almost exactly ten years ago. Thankfully, it turned out to be the same issue I've had for years with this PSP, just in a worse form, so I was able to resolve it in the same easy manner. The metal prongs on the UMD door seem to compress over time, which makes the UMD sit in there looser, and it doesn't properly push against the button that indicates the tray is closed. In the past, that meant my games would occasionally pause on a screen asking if I wanted to quit the game, because it thought the tray popped open mid-game. This time, the prongs must've compressed so much in all the time it was unused that it wasn't making contact with that button at all, not even to start up a game. But just bending the prongs outward with tweezers or a pen or such does the trick, getting it back in proper working order until they eventually compress again months or some such later. So crisis averted, I played through the tutorial of PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe, and then I played a bit of Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. Both seem like a lot of fun, and I really should get back into more PSP gaming in general. It's kinda funny how even though I've been so fixated on the Vita and built up a collection over twice as big as my PSP collection, I still like the PSP more.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The problem with old RPGs like Final Fantasy Legend II is that it can be difficult to tell in-game what items do, and I also don't have the manual for this game, which I hear is pretty hefty. I don't want to spoil everything, but I did read up a little about how to build stats and what various items do. I got the Aegis MAGI after defeating Venus, and I had thus far been ignoring it, even though MAGI can be equipped. Most MAGI are of generic types that you get a bunch of, and their uses are pretty obvious (Power, Defense, Speed, Mana, Fire, Ice, etc.) And with the unique ones, I figured out what most do quickly (Prism shows how many MAGI remain in a world, Pegasus warps you to previously visited locations, etc.) But Aegis doesn't have a use within the menu. It turns out that it adds a battle option to whoever has it equipped. It's basically an infinite use shield that works for the entire battle after being used, not just that round, and it nullifies elemental attacks and significantly reduces the damage of physical attacks. In other words, it's ridiculously good. I put it on my monster, who has the highest agility of the party, so it tends to go first. It's making a world of difference in Nasty Dungeon, both in getting farther in and in not having to run away too often. That said, once I get really deep into the dungeon, the monsters seem to have higher agility than all of my party members, and they beat on my party pretty bad before Aegis can be used. So I may have to come up with some other strategies before I have this dungeon licked, but for now, Aegis is helping a lot.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

This topic is turning into my own personal blog or something.

It felt like it took absolutely forever, but I FINALLY cleared Nasty Dungeon in Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP. After the Aegis MAGI, the next thing that made a big difference for me was my female mutant learning a skill that resists physical damage. I also, in a total derp moment, learned I can reorder my characters' skills (again, having the manual would've helped). Since mutants only have their last skill listed change, I moved the Damage skill up higher so I could preserve it. (I wish I had done this during the brief time I had the Heal skill.) Even though she has half the HP of my male human, I put her as the party leader, who seems to take a lot more hits than the rest of the party. So the damage she was taking wasn't too bad, and she's resistant to a bunch of elemental stuff to begin with, even before Aegis activates. So with her acting as my tank, keeping the others from taking too many hits, it allowed me to just barely squeak my way out to the end of the dungeon. Now I'm sitting on the world map of the next world.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm not really playing anything all that much. Odyssey with my son when we can, but that's not much lately. I also popped in Bayonetta (1) on WiiU, so I've added that on top of Princess Peach, Mario RPG, and the somewhat abandoned Secret of Mana (also playing this with son). I've been more interested in some TV lately, so not much progress. (I did finish Halt and Catch Fire, and am caught up on Expanse and Doctor Who as far as Prime allows, so maybe more gaming if my mood flips to that).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Japanese Blue Stinger /Sega Dreamcast HKT 3010

https://youtu.be/SsM_Xup9Ync

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I assume I'm sitting right at the cusp of beating Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP. I kicked Odin's butt (which means I can no longer be revived) and quickly left his world. Final Dungeon (that's literally what it's called in-game) was nothing compared to Nasty Dungeon, and I've gathered all the MAGI. I still have to get through a whole series of staircases, with random battles, so this is more like the actual final dungeon than what they named as such. I was expecting to have this polished off days ago, but first I had to retreat because I was out of healing items, and then when I made another attempt, a random battle took me by surprise and killed off my whole party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I need a LIKE button to note that I read members posts here....Great Stuff..

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Videogamerdaryll For This Useful Post:

Aussie2B (01-28-2018), bb_hood (01-28-2018), Cornelius (01-30-2018)

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

For the last week Ive been playing Fishing Planet on PS4, and its such a fantastic game.
    Its a fishing game (obviously) where u catch fish in freshwater locations arcoss the USA and Canada. Now its gonna be a game that you either love or hate; and personally I love it because I love freshwater fishing.
    Its a game thats free to download and play (if youve got PSN), and there are add-ons you can buy that will make the game alot easier in the beginning.
    You can go fishing with your online friends or with other random players, and there are online competitions as well. It is a grinder type of game and you have to level up in order to catch the better/larger fish. It is a very time consuming game, but its very much worth checking out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    For the last week Ive been playing Fishing Planet on PS4, and its such a fantastic game.
    Its a fishing game (obviously) where u catch fish in freshwater locations arcoss the USA and Canada. Now its gonna be a game that you either love or hate; and personally I love it because I love freshwater fishing.
    Its a game thats free to download and play (if youve got PSN), and there are add-ons you can buy that will make the game alot easier in the beginning.
    You can go fishing with your online friends or with other random players, and there are online competitions as well. It is a grinder type of game and you have to level up in order to catch the better/larger fish. It is a very time consuming game, but its very much worth checking out.
    Thank you..I need to tell several of my Fishing friends about this game..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Videogamerdaryll For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (01-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Thank you..I need to tell several of my Fishing friends about this game..
    Welcome, if you or your friends wanna play feel free to hit me up, I can give u some fishing tips.
    It can be a frustrating game in the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Welcome, if you or your friends wanna play feel free to hit me up, I can give u some fishing tips.
    It can be a frustrating game in the beginning.
    Thank you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Bubble Bobble.
    Having so much fun with this old game...

Looking to play Special Criminal Investigation....the easiest way?..maybe PAL Sega Master system but the game is not easy to find..

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Bubble Bobble.
    Having so much fun with this old game...
    One of my all-time favorites! So many hours spent on that to get the 'good' ending. It is an odd mix of fun and relaxing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    One of my all-time favorites! So many hours spent on that to get the 'good' ending. It is an odd mix of fun and relaxing.
    Yeah I got the 'good' ending by myself, but I think to get the true good ending you need to do it with 2 players.
    Love Bubble Bobble also.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Since my last post in this topic, I beat Final Fantasy Legend II and Donkey Kong Country 3, both on my Game Boy Advance SP, and I'm still chipping away at the latter. I beat DKC3 while I was sick with the flu, and now that I'm mostly over it, I'm playing less each day, since I'm trying to get back into all my normal activities. I tried to get as many bonus coins and DK coins as I could my first time through, but there's inevitably a bunch I miss. So after the first K. Rool fight, I went back through each area, getting what I missed, and worked on the last, secret area. Now I'm up to the true final boss fight. Beyond that, I just have some more banana birds to get. I'm been putting off some of the ones from the mini-games added to the GBA port. Man, do these mini-games stiiiiink.