Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

In Secret of Mana on Vita, I got all three drops I needed from Pure Land and finished the area. Then I tediously landed at each location one by one with Flammie until I got the trophy for landing everywhere with Flammie. Now I'm finally ready to head into the final area.

I'm surprised at just how long the after stories in Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC are. It's a little annoying that I can't save in them, but the game does keep track of what's been read or not, so I can just exit and use the skip feature to quickly get back to where I left off. I also now understand why some of my CG sets were incomplete, but it's kinda cheap how the after stories reuse CGs from the main game, minus some slight variants exclusive to the after stories. Anyway, Miki's percentage is over 90% now, with Saito and the main story closing in on 90%.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Not much other then Arcades

I went down Wildwood NJ on vacation ..
    Same ole same ole ticket redemption games and the same CRAP in every arcade ,I can only play so much of the huge space invaders or new crusin USA ,in fact now seeing these machines broken down..

I hit the Gateway Arcade ,the same guy from last season playing the 60-1 multicade ..I think he goes there daily..
    Both pinball machine,the walking dead and iron man in terrible condition not playing right with issues."SAD"

boardwalk mall is making a new arcade that looks again to be just more ticket redemption ..I didn't go in but took pictures as they had a chain up and no one was in there except workings setting stuff up.Still if this place has any older games then I will go there..
    Now with 'Remember When Pinball Palace & Retro Arcade" not being there anymore I'm looking for places down the shore/boardwalk with old games especially drivers ..

I took a poke over to find RANDYLAND and Remember When Pinball Palace & Retro Arcades new location Not opened yet...

https://youtu.be/tGZ8eveaiwc

Then we went to Keansburg that has better arcades then Wildwood ,I had more enjoyment there in a few hours then for days in wildwood..
    Played a new Need For Speed Carbon Racing game that I really like and the Daytona 2 IN Bad condition ,but it's still better then a lot of crap out there..

https://youtu.be/OHkFWFYqgrY

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Videogamerdaryll For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (07-15-2018)

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I went down Wildwood NJ on vacation ..
    Same ole same ole ticket redemption games and the same CRAP in every arcade ,I can only play so much of the huge space invaders or new crusin USA ,in fact now seeing these machines broken down..

I hit the Gateway Arcade ,the same guy from last season playing the 60-1 multicade ..I think he goes there daily..
    Both pinball machine,the walking dead and iron man in terrible condition not playing right with issues."SAD"

boardwalk mall is making a new arcade that looks again to be just more ticket redemption ..I didn't go in but took pictures as they had a chain up and no one was in there except workings setting stuff up.Still if this place has any older games then I will go there..
    Now with 'Remember When Pinball Palace & Retro Arcade" not being there anymore I'm looking for places down the shore/boardwalk with old games especially drivers ..

I took a poke over to find RANDYLAND and Remember When Pinball Palace & Retro Arcades new location Not opened yet...

https://youtu.be/tGZ8eveaiwc

Then we went to Keansburg that has better arcades then Wildwood ,I had more enjoyment there in a few hours then for days in wildwood..
    Played a new Need For Speed Carbon Racing game that I really like and the Daytona 2 IN Bad condition ,but it's still better then a lot of crap out there..

https://youtu.be/OHkFWFYqgrY

Have you ever been to the boardwalk in Cape May? Its right next to Wildwood, and is much smaller but there used to be 2 really good arcades on each side of the board walk. They are probably still there.
    Ive been to wildwood a few times when I was younger, and that place used to be amazing.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Started playing Diablo 3 the yesterday. I was surprised to find that my battle.net account still exists, as well as the 3 D3 characters I made. I only played one of them for about 15 hours apparently. I don't remember the game at all, in fact, I think I misremember it, because I thought you wound up in a desert town pretty quickly, and that doesn't seem to be the case now? This all spawned from playing co-op D1 with my son (really a D1 mod). Fun so far, but I doubt I'll put the 100s of hours in it that I did in D2.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been focusing on finishing off Secret of Mana on Vita. I've been in the Mana Fortress a good while now. Some of the rare drops were a huge pain, but now all I need is one last Axe Orb. I also finished grinding all my magic up to level 8. Hopefully I won't have to grind with the weapons. I assume the trophy relates to just having all the orbs and having the weapons forged to their max level, rather than the individual weapon levels each character has. I also still have a backlog of inn cutscenes I'm slowly working my way through, since I honestly didn't need to rest often through much of the game, seeing as characters have their HP and MP restored upon leveling up.

I'm still playing Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC too, though. I'm going through Miki's after stories, so his percentage is over 95% now, but the other two haven't changed much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Have you ever been to the boardwalk in Cape May? Its right next to Wildwood, and is much smaller but there used to be 2 really good arcades on each side of the board walk. They are probably still there.
    Ive been to wildwood a few times when I was younger, and that place used to be amazing.
    So funny you say,we were trying to figure out another place to go to before leaving Wildwood..Cape May came to mind..
    The last time I went to Cape May was 17 years ago we went and rode bicycles around the area finding shops, antique ,craft stores cool to see but not my thing.we go sooo bored...I may have missed any Arcades but it's been a long time : (

I keep hearing about Ocean City ....I need a boardwalk with retro arcades bad

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Like I posted in the Beaten in 2018 topic, I finished off Secret of Mana, getting my second ever platinum trophy, and then I started and finished Home on my Vita as well. After beating Home, I ran through the game again and got all of its trophies too, but like some other indies I've played, it doesn't have a platinum trophy to begin with. It's pretty hilarious how you can walk past like 90% of the game. I bet my replay didn't take more than maybe 15 minutes. Literally all you have to do to beat the game, besides walk to the destination, is press a switch to unlock a door, solve a "puzzle" that simply involves turning off a number of valves, solve a similar "puzzle" by turning on a few switches (or picking up a keycard for an alternate route), and then picking up 4 or 5 other required items. That's it. Everything else is just there to flesh out the story. Anyway, I also tried out a couple recent Vita acquisitions: Army Corps of Hell and Sly Cooper Collection. The former is basically Pikmin if it were a lot shallower gameplay-wise and had an aesthetic that's less appealing in every way. The latter is a nice pickup, since I never bought any of the Sly games for PS2. The only bummer is that the third game isn't on the card, and the download code already expired a couple years ago. It's basically a "collection" of only two games.

Besides Vita, I got a spare top loader I plan to sell, so I tested out a few NES games I plan to sell along with it. I think I'll also pull out a couple Famicom games I haven't tried since acquiring. It'd be easier to just play them on this top loader than the one I'm keeping, which is practically like new and packed up in its box. I got a couple original NES models, which is what we do most of our NES gaming on, but my converter has never worked well with those (it doesn't even have a ribbon to pull the thing out).

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's been nice to have the time lately to get through a whole stack of games that have been waiting to be cleaned and tested for upwards of probably a couple years. I briefly played the Famicom games Kinnikuman: Muscle Tag Match and Mississippi Satsujin Jiken. Then I hooked up my Japanese PS2 and tried out my Tail Concerto demo, Ore no Ryouri, Gokujou Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack, and Burger Burger. I couldn't actually play Parodius since it wasn't recognizing all my button presses for some reason. I don't know if that Dual Shock 2 needs a cleaning or if there's some compatibility issue. The game loaded up fine, though, so I'll figure that out another day. I have no shortage of PS1 Dual Shocks and non-analog controllers I could use with it in the future. I got pretty into Ore no Ryouri once I started figuring out how to properly prepare each food and drink. I could see myself playing through the whole game now if I weren't already in the middle of a bunch of games. After that, I set up my Genesis 3. I know the model gets a bad rap, but now that I own a Mega Drive game, it's quite handy to have a Genesis I can pop Mega Drive games into without any modification and play without issue unless the game has regional lockout built into the cart. So I played the Japanese version of Junction, and then I tried out a couple US games: Stimpy's Invention and Terminator 2. Now the only games I have left to clean, test, and shelve are three PC-FX games, but I'm not even going to worry about those until I organize the whole closet that my PC-FX is buried in right now.

Though I put my Japanese PS2 away, I left the cables in place and swapped in my PS1. I pulled out Ridge Racer Type 4 and the NeGcon just for fun and briefly toyed around with that. I don't use a lot of specialty controllers, but I've always loved that one. Then I popped in Tail Concerto. It's one of my favorite games, and I've been meaning to give it another replay for a while now. I think the last time I replayed it was just before Solatorobo came out in Japan? And that was plenty long ago at this point (long ago enough that I should be thinking about replaying Solatorobo too, but it's a significantly longer game, which makes me less inclined to replay, even with as much as I love it). I think I have about 3 hours on the clock, and I'm up to the secret base, which is the hardest area to complete outside of the final area. Though, they're challenging in different ways because the final area is best completed by being very patient and taking it slow, while this area has a time limit that forces you to rush. But the game isn't particularly difficult overall, and I can usually get through it without losing a single life at this point (though I still like to collect all the 1-up whistles). So I should have the game beat in a couple more hours or so (always takes me around 5).

I am still playing Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC, though. I'm working on Saito's after stories now. I'm not sure if his percentage is over 90% yet, but the main story's is, and Miki is over 95%.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

tried playing some Magic of Sheherazade on the NES... Zelda ripoff and not a very good one at that. went back to playing Rad Racer, a tried and true classic that I never get sick of.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finally finished off Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome for PC 100%. I finished the after stories and found two more bad endings on my own (by focusing wholly on one character until the point that seems to lock you in on a route and siding with the other guy then), but at 99% with Saito and 98% on the other two and three more bad endings left, I caved and looked up how to get them. One of them requires running at every opportunity possible, but I could've sworn running the first time led directly to a bad ending before. Maybe it's only on the second go that the new options appear. The other two endings come from focusing on a character minus when you decide if the clothes or filming location needs work, and the deviation doesn't come until very close to the end. What's weird is that Miki's felt like a "normal" ending, since it was still fairly upbeat and romantic, while Saito's just felt like a regular bad ending. Well, anyway, I'm a little sad to be totally done with it, but now I can finally get to something else for my during-breakfast PC visual novel playing.

I played some more Jungle Book on SNES, finally beating the 7th stage after learning the trick to King Louie. However, the 8th stage is super annoying and took a lot of practice and trial and error, only to discover I gotta fight King Louie again, except without any tricks this time. The sloppy, imprecise controls are really getting aggravating.

Lastly, I swapped my old memory card back into my Vita and started up Code: Realize again for the first time since 2015. I'd like to tell myself it's in preparation of the second fandisc coming out in English, but realistically, I don't see myself not only finishing this 100% but also the first fandisc by then. But I do really like this first game and want to get through all three eventually.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

As I said in the Beaten in 2018 topic, I finally beat The Jungle Book on SNES, so that's another one knocked out. I'll probably start up another SNES game soon.

Since I got Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome finished off, I returned to Nightshade on PC for the first time in over a year, and it's a nice change of pace playing a visual novel with a more serious tone, with a more interesting overarching plot, and much better art. I barely touched Nightshade when it first came out, only clearing the prologue before a bunch of other visual novels came out and took my attention away from it. I'm on Chapter 2 now, and the game seems to be setting up the introduction of the last remaining love interest who has yet to make an appearance. Also, I gotta say, whenever Goemon Ishikawa is on screen, or when they're talking about him, I can't help but think of Konami's Goemon series, which makes things a little awkward considering Goemon is a flirty bishounen in this game, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I haven't been around much real busy with my dads estate ..He passed away on the 20th 2018..

He was an avid gamer so I play things that he loved such as Bosconian

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sorry about your dad, my condolences. Wonderful way to celebrate him, though.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Indeed, my condolences, Daryll.

I'm still playing Nightshade on PC, and I'm currently on Chapter 3. I wasn't targeting anyone in particular, but I ended up on Choujirou's route.

I also started something of an experiment by resuming my file in Breath of Fire on my GBA SP. It had been over four years since I dropped it, and I don't think I've ever tried to resume a game in the middle after that long of a hiatus, let alone an RPG. I was playing it during a tumultuous time in my life, so that was a big factor in why I stopped playing. It was also starting to overstay its welcome with how long it was and the endless random battles. I had remembered all this time that I stopped when I needed to get a tonic to cure Nina's amnesia, but making the tonic involved finding four ingredients. I only had one already and no idea where to find the others. It was effectively a worldwide scavenger hunt, without the benefit of an airship. The clues the game gives are barely helpful at all, and the abbreviated item names make it that much more difficult (how am I supposed to know that a "P. Fish" is a poisonous fish or that a "C. Nut" is a coconut?) Of course, picking the game up after four years doesn't help either, as I've pretty well forgotten what's where and what any NPC has ever said. I have the issue of Nintendo Power that has a decent world map, though (better than the unlabeled in-game map), and I fully admit to using a FAQ pretty liberally. I got the items I needed, recovered Nina, and then used her new flying ability to collect a lot of optional stuff on the world map, though this will surely not be a "perfect file". Since I stopped playing near the end of the game, I don't think I'll have too much trouble doing the last few things to finish it off. It'll be nice if I can finally check this off as beaten.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 08-11-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thank you Cornelius and Aussie2B

Still on a quest I never was able to finish for my Dad.
    Finding games that were similar to his two favorite games BOSCONIAN and Demon Attack..

anytine I hear of those games I will think of my Dad..

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I beat Breath of Fire on GBA, getting both the good and bad endings (turns out the dragon form required for the good ending was greyed out not because I missed my chance to use it the first time but because it counts as fusing with the entire party, thus Karn can't already be fused with anybody). I was about to put my GBA SP away after that, but then I came down with a cold (I can't even remember the last time I got sick in August) and wanted something to play on my GBA while resting in bed. It would've been a good time to start up Final Fantasy Legend III, but considering I just polished off an RPG, even if most of my playing of it was years ago, I wanted something with more action. Since it was within easy reach, I decided to start up Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. I've cleared 25% of it so far, and it's been an interesting experience. I'm used to Kirby games being pretty straightforward, but this is a lot like a Metroid game with the nonlinear exploration. The map is a bit hard to make sense of, so I find myself wandering a lot. And even though I looked up the manual online and read through it, I'm still struggling to figure out which powers break through different types of blocks and how to get the AI-controlled Kirby clones to do what I want. I'm having fun with it, though, and it's nice to play through a Kirby for the first time since, I dunno, several years ago when I played Kirby 64?

I'm still playing Nightshade on PC too, and I'm up to Chapter 6 in Choujirou's route. I have no idea how many chapters a route has in this game, but it seems like the plot is really starting to pick up. Not that it wasn't already interesting before this.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My progress in Nightshade on PC has slowed, so even though I've played it more, I'm still in Chapter 6 of Choujirou's route.

I've mostly just been focusing on Kirby & the Amazing Mirror on my GBA SP. I'm up to 90%, and my progress here has slowed too because it's pretty time-consuming chasing down the last few treasures and rooms I've missed. What's frustrating is that the maps you're shown before you find the actual maps for each area are pretty useless, yet the actual maps are sometimes ridiculously well hidden themselves. Like, imagine doing a Zelda dungeon and the very last thing you find in it is the map, after you've already been to every room and found all the other treasures. Kinda defeats the purpose of a map, outside of confirming "Yep, got everything". Of the nine areas, there are three where it basically went like that for me. I still haven't figured out how to get the map in one of them, even after checking an online map telling me what room it's in. I also wish the treasures were a little more interesting. There are maps, life bar increases, paint to change Kirby's color, and music/effects for the sound test. That's it, minus the generic treasures of lives and food. This game is clearly based on The Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Super Star, which I'd probably say is my favorite of the games in Kirby Super Star, and I'll give this game credit for the treasures actually serving a practical use. But I liked how each treasure in The Great Cave Offensive was unique, and a lot were fun references to other Nintendo games. It's not as exciting here when it's like "Oh, another can of paint I'm not going to bother using anyway".

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finished off Kirby & the Amazing Mirror on my GBA SP, doing everything except clearing the boss rush mode, but I still wanted something on a handheld to play. I don't feel like switching back to my primary memory card for my Vita just yet, and since I mainly want to use this small card for digital PS1/PSP games, I decided to finally start The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. I normally have no interest in PSOne Classic releases because I already have a big PS1 collection, and I always prefer to own a game physically when possible. But PS1 copies of Tron Bonne are so ridiculously expensive that I settled for the PSOne Classic release. Right away, I feel like I don't particularly like playing PS1 games on Vita. I have no problem playing digital PSP games on my Vita, since it's a similar form factor, but I feel like a game designed for a Dual Shock controller just doesn't work on Vita. Using the touchscreens for R2/L2 is meh at best, and the controls all around just never feel natural to me and end up making my hands hurt after a bit. So it's a bit of a shame that my experience with this game is a little gimped, but I'll still gladly put up with this versus spending $200 on a PS1 copy. I'm also a bit perplexed by the game itself. I don't even know what genre I'd say it falls in. It kind of feels like a hodgepodge of mini-games or something. Time on the ship feels like a Servbot-raising simulation, and I've so far done timed missions somewhat similar to the action in Mega Man Legends and others that are kind of like Sokoban puzzles. But all that aside, I'm really enjoying spending time in this world with these characters again. It also makes me wonder what it'd be like if Tail Concerto got a similar game from the perspective of the Black Cats Gang.

As for Nightshade on PC, I'm still chipping away at it, now on Chapter 7 in Choujirou's route.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

MAPPY

I have finally figured out how not to die so quick in this game lol...

MICROVISION
    Pinball
    I found 'another microvision unit at a flea market third one this year but by the same seller,this unit in box works perfectly ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

BOSCONIAN

Space Panic ..I have No idea how to play this game...lol