Haven't had too much of an urge to post but I just cleaned around my (new to me) desk area in the basement so now I'll treat myself to some online. It's funny, I work in a concrete "cave" most of the time at work and now my leisure area is also in a concrete cave...at least in the basement I have windows!

I had managed to pick up "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" for the Wii U on disk again. I had some credit left at a store and I figured "why not". I brought my secondary Wii U into work and during a few lunch breaks, I hooked it up and played the game on the gamepad. No different than whipping out a handheld in my mind. Since this Wii U was freshly set up and my account is on my "main" Wii U, I started from scratch. After playing "Skyrim" for a while, I find my opinions on this game have changed. While "Skyrim" has a sense of depth and lots of beautiful locations, Nintendo really went the extra mile to make the graphics on "BOTW" stand out. While Bethesda's game has plants and environments that move with the wind and look fairly realistic, "BOTW" really seems to have amber waves of grain moving in literal waves. I also now appreciated the ability to climb pretty much everything, which is something I couldn't do in "Skyrim" (mainly rocks and such). I did just pop into "Skyrim" now to see if my memory was borked but I was right-there really is a difference and Zelda's environment seems more "organic" to me. I find I don't mind the cooking this time around either.

I just got the paraglider and made my way down to the rest of Hyrule. I'm moving my way towards that forest village in the beginning. I'm going to really try and stick with this game.