Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm staying with family for the month, while also helping my mom get her two properties in shape so she can move into one and get the other rented, so I've barely had any time for gaming. I did play a tiny bit of Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball on SNES, and to use the game's wording, I got flattened, haha. It a fun game (it's basically Baseball Stars), but I stink at it. It'd probably help if I better understood the sport of baseball as a whole, haha. I also played a handful of NES games via emulation on our Raspberry Pi, like Dig Dug, Burgertime, Kirby's Adventure, etc. The reason we brought that along is because, with my mom moving, it's time I finally work on clearing out my game stuff that's still here. My collection has been split across the east and west coast for well over a decade now, and while the shipping costs sting, the prospect of having all my games in one place is exciting. So while I haven't been playing much, I've been digging through all sorts of systems, games, and their boxes and packing things up for mailing. I've already packed over 60 pounds worth, with more to go.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Right now I'm looking to set up a Console driving game for my 6 year old daughter ..using a steering wheel ,something simple that will teach her turning aspects ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I am playing (at various times) the two advance wars on gameboy (on my gamecube) and Nectaris on my PS1. Just playing with different scenarios rather than playing the campaigns on Advance Wars - and you don't need to play the campaigns (once you have finished them once) to access any of the scenarios in Nectaris. One of the biggest drawbacks with the Advance Wars games is that you can't access the campaign battles individually.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default The New Zealand Story Arcade

I've been playing:

The New Zealand Story Arcade

It's got me hooked..

The NewZealand Story (ニュージーランドストーリー Nyū Jīrando Sutōrī) is a 1988 arcade game developed and published by Taito. The player controls Tiki (ティキ), a kiwi who must save his lover Phee Phee (ピューピュー) and several of his other kiwi chick friends who have been kidnapped by a large blue leopard seal. The player has to navigate a scrolling maze-like level, at the end of which they release one of Tiki's kiwi chick friends trapped in a cage. Finally, the game's concept and setting comes from a holiday trip in New Zealand by one of Taito programmers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_NewZealand_Story

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Phantasy Star II - Sega Genesis (US) - looks like more grind than early FF games on NES. Too much grind imo, but nevertheless fun game!!! Groundbreaking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Original NES RING KING....I bought a bunch of NES games because I wanted this one,I got a better deal on the game because I bought the lot..

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still with family and still pretty busy, but I've managed to squeeze in some gaming here and there. I resumed the Secret of Mana remake on Vita, and now I'm in the Pure Land. There's not much left, but my progress is gonna slow to a crawl here because I'm grinding enemies in Pure Land for their rare drops, since Pure Land is inaccessible after completed and the enemies don't show up elsewhere. I'm hoping to platinum the game with this file.

I also started playing The Jungle Book on SNES. I prefer Capcom's Disney games over Virgin's, but it's not too bad. Probably the worst thing about it is that there isn't even passwords, let alone a battery. It'd be more acceptable for an earlier release, but by mid 1994, practically every new SNES release had one or the other. I think there is a code for a stage select, though, so I may start using that if I get sick of repeating the early stages.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm playing Resident Evil 7. What's weird is that I didn't remember the game was in first person view until just now when thinking about something to say about it. That says a lot for the smooth transition to a different perspective, the fact I didn't even notice much.

It's pretty awesome, but I honestly had a very rough start. The game has no manual and no tutorial (that I recall). Not a good decision considering how it's completely different from previous Resident Evil games.

I also played one game of Sine Mora EX. I have it for the XBOX ONE, but I wish that I purchased it for the Switch, as I only have three Switch games and it really lends itself to handheld play.

I'll probably go back to Drakengard and complete it soon, but I'm not looking forward to it. I wanted to go back and experience the Drakengard series since I'm such a huge fan of the Nier games. The first Drakengard game was just SUCH a boring slog, and which such terrible controls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I've been plating CRUSH ROLLER arcade ..I don't get far but keep trying ..

Liquid Kids Arcadse..again ..I don't get far but keep trying ..

Baseball Stars 2 Neo Geo MVS

KOF 01....I don't get far but keep trying ..

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

what are you plating it in?

I think a good nickel plate would be pretty dope

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

My son wanted to play a co-op game, but didn't want to continue with Secret of Mana. Diablo on PS1 came to mind, so we fired that up. I put a lot of time into Diablo back in the day on PC. The PS1 port is admirable, but just doesn't cut it. So I got the PC version going on two Win10 machines. Then I thought, hey, why not Hellfire, too, I sure like fast town walk. Which led to some unofficial patches, etc, and all the way to the full blown The Hell HD mod. So that's what I'm playing. Doubt I'll get sucked in beyond a single playthrough. May get me to try Diablo III again, though. I was excited for that but only ever played 1 or 2 maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    My son wanted to play a co-op game, but didn't want to continue with Secret of Mana. Diablo on PS1 came to mind, so we fired that up. I put a lot of time into Diablo back in the day on PC. The PS1 port is admirable, but just doesn't cut it. So I got the PC version going on two Win10 machines. Then I thought, hey, why not Hellfire, too, I sure like fast town walk. Which led to some unofficial patches, etc, and all the way to the full blown The Hell HD mod. So that's what I'm playing. Doubt I'll get sucked in beyond a single playthrough. May get me to try Diablo III again, though. I was excited for that but only ever played 1 or 2 maps.
    I keep getting Diablo PC discs at flea markets opened used...Some have installation codes-or whatever that long sticker code is in the cases lol.. ,does these games still need these codes to be used ,or free online somewhere..The reason why I ask is I get them cheap but if not reusable maybe I should not pick them up at all..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Neo Geo MVS.

Thrash/TrASH Rally ..

League Bowling..

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I keep getting Diablo PC discs at flea markets opened used...Some have installation codes-or whatever that long sticker code is in the cases lol.. ,does these games still need these codes to be used ,or free online somewhere..The reason why I ask is I get them cheap but if not reusable maybe I should not pick them up at all..
    I think you are likely talking about Diablo II. Diablo 1 did not have a Battlenet code. Now, for D2 you can register it on Battlenet using that code, and I think then even download it to play easily on Windows 10. I'm assuming that requires that the code isn't used, though. This is just what I've picked up while trying to get D1 working. I haven't actually logged into battlenet in years; my account has likely been deleted by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I think you are likely talking about Diablo II. Diablo 1 did not have a Battlenet code. Now, for D2 you can register it on Battlenet using that code, and I think then even download it to play easily on Windows 10. I'm assuming that requires that the code isn't used, though. This is just what I've picked up while trying to get D1 working. I haven't actually logged into battlenet in years; my account has likely been deleted by now.
    Thank you my friend..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Today I'm messing around with ZAXXON 61-1 multiboard
    I SUCK no matter what I play this game in...

Also playing GUNSMOKE Arcade..

I'm looking for a way to play QBERT in one of my bartop vertical arcade machines/jamma

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm back home, and now I'm focused on tying up some of my gaming loose ends, since I've got too many games I haven't finished where I'm close to the end. I got one of the three missable rare drops in Secret of Mana on Vita, and I did some decent magic grinding in the process. I also got back into Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC. I finished Saito's route, got a couple more bad endings, cleared the OT3 route, haha (though I think there may be a longer version of it I haven't done?), and got all three progress percentages over 80%.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I was right, there seems to be a lot more OT3 content in Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC. I'm not sure if I'm on an extended path to a bad ending or what. The previous ending wasn't regarded as a bad ending. Maybe there're just alternate endings. On that note, I don't know if there are alternate endings for Miki and Saito's individual routes either. I get the feeling that everything in this game is determined just by which branches you pick, rather than keeping a hidden affection value, but who knows. Anyway, I also got back into Harvest Moon 64 on N64. I'm about halfway through the final season, so there really isn't much left. I don't think there's much of value I can accomplish before the ending, seeing as there are a bunch of things you have to do earlier in the game or you lose your chance, so I just gotta hammer through the remaining days.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I was right, the longer OT3 path in Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome for PC led to a bad ending, even though the response that led to the shorter one seemed like it was going to trigger a bad ending. I'm still wondering where the heck a few of the other bad endings occur, considering I've seemed to try nearly every possible option at this point, minus the unlocked side stories. There's even a CG in the prologue movie I've never come across, which is weird, since usually CGs shown in trailers show up early and are easy to get.

As for Harvest Moon 64, I think I'm on Day 20 of the third spring? I've been using a wiki to find more recipes, since I've got some of practically every crop growing in my greenhouse. But there's no way I'll collect them all, considering a few people have already left the village permanently and others respond to items you can only forage from the mountains during summer, fall, or winter.

I also played a tiny bit of online multiplayer in Koi-Koi Japan on Steam.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

As I posted in the Beaten in 2018 topic, I beat Harvest Moon 64 a while ago, and since then, I've barely played anything because I've been so busy. But now I'm caught up on work and getting back to a number of games. Last night I started up The Jungle Book via SNES emulation and played from stage 1 to stage 7 just to refresh my memory of the game. I got my actual SNES set up, so I'll get back to playing the real deal soon. On my Vita, I got one more of the Pure Land rare drops in Secret of Mana, so it shouldn't be long before I can leave the area. And I got back to Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC and started the after stories. I'm really wondering where the heck around 15% of the game is still hiding.