Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Haven't had too much of an urge to post but I just cleaned around my (new to me) desk area in the basement so now I'll treat myself to some online. It's funny, I work in a concrete "cave" most of the time at work and now my leisure area is also in a concrete cave...at least in the basement I have windows!

I had managed to pick up "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" for the Wii U on disk again. I had some credit left at a store and I figured "why not". I brought my secondary Wii U into work and during a few lunch breaks, I hooked it up and played the game on the gamepad. No different than whipping out a handheld in my mind. Since this Wii U was freshly set up and my account is on my "main" Wii U, I started from scratch. After playing "Skyrim" for a while, I find my opinions on this game have changed. While "Skyrim" has a sense of depth and lots of beautiful locations, Nintendo really went the extra mile to make the graphics on "BOTW" stand out. While Bethesda's game has plants and environments that move with the wind and look fairly realistic, "BOTW" really seems to have amber waves of grain moving in literal waves. I also now appreciated the ability to climb pretty much everything, which is something I couldn't do in "Skyrim" (mainly rocks and such). I did just pop into "Skyrim" now to see if my memory was borked but I was right-there really is a difference and Zelda's environment seems more "organic" to me. I find I don't mind the cooking this time around either.

I just got the paraglider and made my way down to the rest of Hyrule. I'm moving my way towards that forest village in the beginning. I'm going to really try and stick with this game.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Just beat Sonic. just in time for the blue rodent to turn 30 (next month I believe.) cant believe it took me 25+ to do this. I only got 4 of the Chaos emeralds so I didnt TRULY beat it but still saw the credits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Why not pump a little life back into this thread? :: starts moving the bellows ::

I decided to give my PS Vita a spin. I bought a triad of games when the storefront was supposed to close. One of those titles was “Axiom Verge”. I knew it was a Metroid-a-like but from online recommendations it sounded solid. I gave it a whirl today and so far it’s decent. Can’t say “great” as of yet as it still feels very Metroid, even with the changes in weaponry and that “code changer” that fuddles up weak enemies or does weird things to certain objects.

The weapons I have so far, minus the Axiom beam is the three way shot, that cluster bomber projectile and the short range burst of energy weapon. Metroid’s weapons have a feeling of purpose as each had its strength and gimmick. In this game, the weapons really just give you multiple ways to kill your foes. The cluster bomb so far is the only one that really is used for solving barrier puzzles (shoot bomb then detonate early so the explosion spreads and hits a switch). But I’m still early in so who knows what other situations I’ll run into.

The control is tight-Metroid tight. That’s a heckuva feat to nail that level of platforming.

Graphics are an homage to a bit of late NES MM5 and with a mix of Tg-16 graphic quality in my mind. Some of the graphics look muted and purposefully grainy but the couple bosses I encountered along with some locales ramped up the fidelity that works with the general aesthetic. Sound is great with a hypnotic techno tunes and well done sound effects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Saturday I took a trip through the 3DS eShop to see if there was a demo for “Metroid: Samus Returns”. Of course there wasn’t but I was shown some other options. Two games came up: “Quarters, Please Vol 1 and Vol2”. They are compilations games containing pretty good clones of existing arcade titles like “Centipede”, “Defender”, “Bump n Jump”, “Missile Command”, “Dig Dug”, “Galaga” to name a few. Graphics, characters and names changed to protect the innocent.

To play the games, you walk your pixelated avatar through a tiny three story arcade. You can listen to the chip tunes music and sound effects to get that “arcade” atmosphere or hop onto a machine. I picked up volume 2 for $5 as that seemed more up my alley.

I gotta say, the games are pretty good. The overall vibe reminded me of playing clone games back on the Color Computer (though much better graphics and sound). The only seeming original game was sn endless runner karate game, which I enjoyed as well. When meandering around the arcade, I could pet a cat, change music on the jukebox, change time of day, watch a ping pong match (but not play) and shoot some hoops on the roof.

I never really looked around the eShop, but I’m glad I took the plunge. Never know what gems you’ll find.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

just beat Spyro for PS1 (120%). last time I did that was maybe 20 years ago. such an easy game but its so easy on the eyes and satisfying collecting jewels that it's easy to forgive the kindergarten level of difficulty

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I finally got all the heart pieces in Zelda ALTTP. The SNES version is harder than the GBA one from what I am remembering (I beat the GBA one first, many years ago.) I was down to only one heart piece and I kept doing the treasure chest game, thinking that was the one I was misssing. So I probably wasted half an hour to an hour of my life doing that when it turned out I forgot to get the one in Blind's hideout in the Light World. also entered the Chris Houlihan room for the first time. this is easily one of my top five favorite games of all time, possibly even my #1. from the memorable music to the clean looking graphics, hreat balance of difficulty, massive bosses. it's hard to find fault with this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Recently I tipped over the fence and bought a Switch Lite. I picked up “Super Mario Odyseey” and am really enjoying it. The game is just gorgeous and plays great! I thought the hat mechanic would have been silly but its use has been pretty ingenious so far. I collected enough moons to clear the desert kingdom but I am exploring the world more as I keep finding more.

I’m trying not to peek at hints (I get attracted to using them due to my lack of time) but couldn’t figure out how to get a building in the middle of a killer sludge pond. So I looked and saw just how many moons are in that kingdom. Wow! Lots of stuff to do! And my suspicions were confirmed that your actions unlock other events in the kingdom. So I closed the page and am determined to go about this “naturally”.

Internet Ent Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadMikeJ83
    Steam
    mad-miker83

In the last week+ a few days and today I've been down with HORRIBLE tonsilitis and mostly watching Arcus speed-runs iand You Can Beat Video Games on YouTube, sometimes on mute, kind of helps me sleep.

Before that, was still leisurely dry-running Dragon Warrior IV for a later Let's Play (and to test out the $250.00 cart I traded a nice chunk of my collection for - I finally have all 4 NES versions), while LPing Dragon Warrior for YouTube. AT one point I got the Mitsubishi TV fixed up (degaussed, tamed down the buzz on brighter screens), that set is awesome for YouTube recordings because it has a RCA passthrough that takes from whatever the current source is, so anything from a real console or computer (wii, Tandy 1000, NES, Atari 2600) can be filmed direct off the CRT TV via the passthrough. Been playing a little Adventure on Atari as well, more as a test for the RF on the TV than anything else.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Ive been playing Banjo Kazooie which is a game that I always associate with Halloween. The main BGM theme in Gruntilda's castle has a Halloween vibe to it, and I love the drawings on the walls which look like Jack o Lanterns. Even though thers only one level that is horror-themed, the whole game has lots of horror-themed elements to it, like Mumbo Jumbo's house, transforming into another creature (a pumpkin of course being the most Halloween-ish.) and the Game Over screen is obviously an homage to Frankenstein. The cauldrons you jump into to transport you, spiderwebs covering Gruntilda's lair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just got to the end of “Super Mario Odyssey”. I had a good time with it, though the “wow” factor diminished as I played. It’s definitely designed to be a bit more leisurely in play-not too hard or easy. Definitely an exploration game.

A couple levels seemed small, like the soda springs kingdom and the food-based kingdom. The end of those levels went really quick so that left me having to hunt for moons, which wasn’t hard but in my mind messed up the flow. At those points, I just really wanted to get through the game.

I’ll probably check out the Mushroom Kingdom now that it’s unlocked. I’m curious how it’s put together since Super Mario 64. Speaking of that game, my ex-brother in law said it was like SM64. After playing through Odyssey….nope. I still like 64 better. While it had its gimmicks it wasn’t nearly as gimmick driven as Odyssey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Switch
    Espgaluda II,i really like how live wire has gotten the license to do ports of cave shooters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Saturday I got to bust out the NES for a little action! I fired up "Mystic Origins" from the same people who made the "NES Maker" software. I tried a little bit of it at the Midwest Gaming Classic and it seemed pretty cool, so I bought it. After putting some time into it, my opinion changed pretty quick.

The game feels more like a demo than anything. The general game play reminds me of the game "Dragon Power", though the game is supposed to be more "Legend of Zelda". Your character is a bard type person that uses his lute as a melee weapon. You can also jump and when in the air, do a double tap to slam down on trap doors to enter places below. Your character doesn't have the precision movement of Link and the environment can get you a little stuck, so I found myself trying to move around trees but getting hung up on pixels. This gets bad when an enemy is nearby and touches you, as your health can get zapped to nothing pretty quick. You eventually learn some magic to charge up and shoot a ball of energy, which is then used to light torches to make stuff happen. You can also learn songs, which you play with your controller ala Ocarina of Time. I did not, however, obtain any desire to find any. The graphics were all right but there are parts where, when you go transition to day to night, the walls become difficult to discern as being solid or background. I wondered why I wasn't moving when that part of the wall looked like a path. The game also uses an experience system to strengthen your character but no save feature to speak of. Needless to say, my work was lost when I turned off the system. The big plus, though, is the music-they did an excellent job.

I played better NESMaker games, so I hoped the developers of the tools would be able to crank out something decent.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

GTA Trilogy has been played a lot lately. Does that count as Classic yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm View Post
    GTA Trilogy has been played a lot lately. Does that count as Classic yet? ������
    Is it buggy still or are they patched out ?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Haven't had too much of an urge to post but I just cleaned around my (new to me) desk area in the basement so now I'll treat myself to some online things like leprestore and the opportunities it gives. It's funny, I work in a concrete "cave" most of the time at work and now my leisure area is also in a concrete cave...at least in the basement I have windows!

I had managed to pick up "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" for the Wii U on disk again. I had some credit left at a store and I figured "why not". I brought my secondary Wii U into work and during a few lunch breaks, I hooked it up and played the game on the gamepad. No different than whipping out a handheld in my mind. Since this Wii U was freshly set up and my account is on my "main" Wii U, I started from scratch. After playing "Skyrim" for a while, I find my opinions on this game have changed. While "Skyrim" has a sense of depth and lots of beautiful locations, Nintendo really went the extra mile to make the graphics on "BOTW" stand out. While Bethesda's game has plants and environments that move with the wind and look fairly realistic, "BOTW" really seems to have amber waves of grain moving in literal waves. I also now appreciated the ability to climb pretty much everything, which is something I couldn't do in "Skyrim" (mainly rocks and such). I did just pop into "Skyrim" now to see if my memory was borked but I was right-there really is a difference and Zelda's environment seems more "organic" to me. I find I don't mind the cooking this time around either.

I just got the paraglider and made my way down to the rest of Hyrule. I'm moving my way towards that forest village in the beginning. I'm going to really try and stick with this game.
    Played it first on PS4 but it was near unplayable with the severe frame drops so I dropped it. However, with PS5 it's running at a locked 30 with no drops whatsoever, not even during the most intense explosions. And this game is so much fun. The traversal is very good, especially with the upgraded Rocket wingsuit you get from Sky Fortress. And the island of Medici looks so beautiful. The colors really pop on my 4K setup.
    Last edited by Canija; 12-29-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I gave it a try. I gave it my all. I had hoped maybe by having a more comfortable way to play "LoZ:BOTW" I'd get into it more. I'm now pretty much at the point I was on the Wii U but after one puzzle shrine where I had to use my Switch Lite to move floor pieces around, I had it. Not that the puzzle itself is hard-I got that figured out just fine. It's the CONTROL and then not being able to see what the heck you are doing when the system is all tilted out of view. Plus the acceleraometers don't seem all that smart as I had a heck of a time getting stairs to slide on their rails slowly one way but then when I tilt it the other way to fix my mistake, the stairs move at a snail's pace and I've got the system seriously tilted. There's no consistency.

I got through the dungeon and then looked at my inventory. I went to places where I probably shouldn't have gone and had to beat up a lot of bad guys. I hardly had any real weapons other than what I got at the top of a waterfall by the two mountains (I can't think of the name-it's got the two peaks and the "sister" shrines that have the orb placement solution for each other). I figured I'd have to go back to some areas to slay some beasts to find better weapons or travel the countryside to see if found weapons respawn. Then I got to thinking...."WHY?!" Granted it reads on other sites like you'll be swimming in weapons later on but I'm fed up with the fetching. Here's Link, the hero of Hyrule who just came out of a 100 year slumber from a high techni-magical Star Wars esque Bakta Tank. This ancient race was so keen they had computer tablets that have an infinite battery life and signal no matter where you are and you don't need an Otter Box for it! Link can be burned, dropped from several stories, sliced, crunched, drown, melted in acid and while his body dies, the dang Sheikah slate works like nothing happened! You'd think that maybe, someone from Sheikah R & D, while Link's mostly-dead corpse was being loaded into the Healing Womb and Zelda's slate was being stored, might pipe up about a brilliant idea.

Tech: "Hey, boss, you think maybe we should throw together some sort of blaster, flame thrower, bomb launcher, personal force field, maybe even a light saber, that Link could use to fight with when he's done in the oven? We can use the same material we used for the slate-that thing can probably take a Guardian blast at 60 paces!"

Manager: "No, the slate is all he'd need. For knowledge is power! And to live by the sword is to die by the sword!"

Tech: "Uh, right. How about armor? Something tough that any guardians that might still walk the planet when he wakes up can't harm him through?"

Manager: "No, for to rely on armor is to be weak. His own wit and natural agility is all he'll need!"

Tech: "You do realize that his muscles are going to atrophy while he floats in that rejuv-o-sperm, right? He'd be lucky to not collapse after a brisk run!" Shouldn't we hook up some electrodes to his body to keep him toned, like that one guy I read about in some slate novel...Key-Ah-New or something like that?"

Manager: "No, for he is to regain his ability naturally."

Tech (who sighs): "Ok, how about a nice set of clothes for the different climates in Hyrule?"

Manager: "No, Link is a humble servant. Breeches and a tunic will suffice."

Tech: "I'll see if the local Goodwill hasn't been burnt to the ground to see what I can find. Maybe he can slap a moblin with the slate."

I shifted my attention to an Evercade handheld and got some time in with the Data East Arcade cartridge. I beat "Sly Spy" and "Bad Dudes" and got whipped on the second board of "Burgertime". It's a solid little machine that I'll probably dig into a little more. Friday I had my Windows laptop with me at work so I fired up some "Witcher 3". I went back to the Griffon battle and took it on using my new Xbox One controller (I bought two used ones with one working great except for sticky buttons and I needed a dongle and the other, a Bluetooth model, had bad sticks. I bought a new one to get the dongle and the controller.) Played great, though I had gotten used to the Switch's screen movement for aiming weapons. Once I knocked that out of my head (after being knocked around by said griffon) I was shooting pretty well with the crossbow Geralt was given. It took a few tries as I was trying to remember how to play but eventually, with the help of the potions the game instructed me to make, I took the bugger down. I took the head to the Captain but didn't take his coin payment. I stopped there for the time being.

Tonight I tried to take my wife and three middle step daughters on a "movie date". One of my twins (who are both 13) and my 11 year old got "BOGO" coupons from their school for their great work and the one twin wanted to see "Spider-Man: No Way Home", which she convinced the other two (her twin is homeschooled right now but she does a lot around the house so it'd be a treat) to see it as well. She's good at that. Anyway, the theater didn't have enough tickets so we came home. They went and did their thing and I came downstairs to see what else I could play. I got some "Amazing Frog?" time in with their V3 beta update, which is coming along nice. Car physics are a lot better than they were last I played. They now have biplanes which will definitely KILL YOU as I don't know how to fly one in the game. I was then reminded by Steam that I have "Castle Crashers" which I installed immediately after my crash. I forgot how much fun that game was! I had it on Xbox 360 and got close to the end but never got there. However my "home" XBO controller has those sticky buttons, which made fighting difficult. I'll have to tear the bad controller apart to get the button pads out.

All in all, good times. Been working a LOT so this was a nice reprieve. Plus I got Movie Date attempt 2 tomorrow (bought tickets tonight) and while the wife works, there might be more game time.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't posted in this topic in forever, but I haven't done much gaming to report on either. The "Beaten in 2022" topic already covers most of it. I beat Shantae (the LRG repro/reprint) on my Game Boy Advance SP, after a long gap between starting the game and resuming it. I didn't bother messing with the GBA-exclusive Tinkerbat form much. Seemed kind of game-breaking (not that I particularly enjoyed switching back and forth between animal forms). Then, thoroughout January, I did pretty much everything there is to do in the GBA version of Donkey Kong Country, including beating both the regular mode and Hero mode at the maximum percentage and getting S-rank ribbons on every stage in the DK Attack mode. I have dabbled in some NES games, like Shadow of the Ninja, BreakThru, Dragon Spirit, and Zelda II (the last one via emulation), but I'm talking a very miniscule amount of time in each.

What I played most recently was StarHawk on my Game Boy Advance SP. I beat it last night, and, well, that was a mediocre shmup. But that's okay because I didn't really expect it to be amazing. I bought LRG's release of it basically sight unseen, mostly because I knew I'd never fork out the going rate of the European-exclusive original. Since I prefer to have games legit (or half-legit, as LRG's GB/GBC releases aren't licensed by Nintendo), I figured I'd give it a shot (especially when I was already placing an order to get Castlevania Anniversary Collection). I don't know if there's some subset of the retro gaming scene that cares about NMS Software (maybe British gamers?), but they're a no-name developer to me. I can appreciate a few things about the game, like some decent graphics at times and the password system, which is why I was able to beat it at all (on the Easy setting, which is the default), given the tiny stretches of gaming time I have these days. But, man, there are a lot of boneheaded things about the game too. For example, the sound effect for firing is so irritating that I had to turn the volume on the system completely off. What I heard of the music before doing so didn't seem notable, but I still would've preferred hearing it while playing. The ship is so sluggish, and power-ups, which rarely appear, only change your weapon. Enemies are sponges and generally take a bajillion hits. You can be hitting an enemy the second it appears until the last moment when you have to move to dodge and still not kill it sometimes. Like I said before, I appreciate the password system, but they screwed that up too. In later stages, the passwords start you with an upgraded ship because you can barely survive with the default weapon, yet your weapon is downgraded when you take a hit and it's not restored to what you started with when you used the password even after using a continue. So once I got to the continue screen, I'd have to quit, go back to the title screen, put the password in again, and then restart the stage that way to get back to the upgraded weapon. I could complain about other minor things, but I'll leave it at that. It wasn't a bad experience but wasn't an especially good one either. Just another notch on the belt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pieces for the SNES. A lot more fun in 2 player mode.
    Wanted and willing to fairly pay for:
    Final Fantasy III Hat/Cap (Official Squaresoft)
    Philips CDI 740
    NTSC Proto of Daze Before Christmas (SNES)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Classic wise, not too much. I got a new R4 card for my DSi as my R4 Gold bit the dust. This one came with a bunch of emulators on it, so I dabbled with Super Mario Bros, which actually plays great! I also have an Intellivision emulator on there that works pretty slick, though it's weird pressing the virtual keypad as I'm expecting the buttons to press in. Weird how the brain works.

I played on my Ouya recently only to find the sucker wouldn't fire up! Thankfully I have my kickstarter one yet and I rooted it to get to the new community servers. Bomb Squad is still a family favorite and I have the PC version on a bunch of the kids' laptops, so we can have a large LAN party of mayhem.

My Xbox is hooked up to my computer monitor for some neo-retro fun! I played some Burnout: Revenge and that got me hollering. This used to be a group game but that was in my "old life" of my last marriage. I did speak to my ex-brother in law and found there were no hard feelings or anything. I might have to hit him up on some Switch action.

Speaking of Switch, I did get some more Switch time in. I tried Alex Kidd in Miracle World but my gawd the remake just plays funky. I know the original had its quirks but playing the remake was painful for me. That got traded in with store credit for Metroid: Dread which is pissing me off in another direction: those dang EMMI robots! However I think, not unlike Breath of the Wild, I'm fighting years of playing the past 2D games and having those etched expectations and Dread does away with some of that. The insta-kill of the EMMIs just sucks. I'll keep plugging away at it as it plays solid. Thankfully there are little check points but crap gets frantic when you are trying to figure out where to go next and one of those metallic d-bags are on your tail.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is becoming my favorite AC game. As I dip my toes into this game here and there I find this really has the best of the other games wrapped into this one. My personable animals are back, the museum is just beautiful and life there is good. I haven't really minded the crafting as I don't feel like I'll pull my hair out trying to get things accomplished and I run out of material.

That's it for video gaming for me. I've been doing a LOT of Dungeons and Dragons with the kids lately. I've basically got two campaigns going with their two different characters. One of my twins plays a character who split from the main group (she's a brat that thinks she's a goddess and the dang dice seem to just LOVE her. Tongue is the brightest of silver and a heart of the darkest of stone), saved an NPC and then went off on her own. Based on her interactions with that NPC (a bard), this spun off into the kids making new characters and it's been a wild ride! The twin lost the NPC because, well, she's a person-using power monger. Her twin sister's character, who rolled to see if her character (a female humanoid-meets-animal monk) knew the NPC and got a natural 20. We gauged it that her character had a budding relationship with the NPC but she left just before they got romantic and now they found each other. So there's that drama on top of a Jesus Christ type character who speaks to his god and refers to him as "Dad" who enjoys watching football in heaven (based on a priest that talks sports and all the celebrities he knows every Christmas midnight mass). A rat-man who is of the same species as the twin's animal person but is just more animal who is like a trash heap that has a thing for gourmet cooking. We have a halfling assassin who was trying to win back the bard NPC for her mistress (why the heck they all roll to find connections to this NPC, I don't know) and finally a half-elf ranger with his dog Handsome. It's been quite a ride with betrayal, hardships and finally the monk and bard getting engaged.

On the flip side, the original team got their butts trounced thanks to their healer leaving with that bard. Now they have a paladin, played by the twin of the brat, who is a POLAR OPPOSITE of the her other character (male, out to help people and speaks with a great Australian accent). And per tradition, dice rolls were made and the paladin dated the sister of my bard NPC (up to her tragic death-they were secretly in love and the paladin was going to propose). Thankfully that's the only connection. Their younger sister came in as an animal-person-an owl and this character is a....ahem....hoot. Both she and the twin with the Paladin are HUGE Marvel movie fans, so they are seeing themselves as Falcon and Captain America. Or in the campaign, as the paladin is from the frigid north, "The Owl and The Winter Champion".

That's all I got to print. With my kids working a lot this summer, I'll hopefully get to play some games.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've gone through a few games since the last time I posted in this topic, but with gaming time itself being a precious commodity for me, I have even less to spare to write about what I play. I've just been dumping my thoughts out when I beat a game, but one game I've been playing a good bit that probably won't end up on my list in the Beaten in 2022 topic is Pix the Cat on my Vita. As far as I know, there isn't any way to really "beat" the game. It tries to be like classic arcade games where you just pursue a high score, though it does have a couple modes with a finite number of stages, and it's also got in-game missions, a progress percentage, and trophies of course. So it's a pretty meaty and challenging game if you want to do everything. That said, I doubt I will. A lot of the missions and trophies are pretty damn tough, so I don't think I'm gonna be putting in the time and effort to 100% anything. But I would like to clear the Laboratory and Nostalgia modes, and I'd like to at least unlock every gameplay aspect. My high score in the main arcade mode is currently over 1.3 million, but I believe I need 1.5 million to unlock the Dessert arcade grid. Even that sounds like a trick, let alone getting 2 million for the associated mission/trophy. It's funny how the game's one and only gold trophy is one of the easiest to get (and one of the few I currently have). You have to crack the top 10 of the daily grid scoreboard, but since nobody is playing the game anymore (at least not on Vita), the only difficult part is scoring 1.2 million on the main arcade grid to unlock access to the daily grid. Anyway, it's a fun game and one of the better releases from Limited Run Games that I've put significant time into.

And for one of the worst... I'm still poking around in Proteus on my Vita too, even though I already "beat" it. I'll try to squeeze whatever trophies I can out of it, though a couple sound especially annoying, so I won't necessarily go for 100% here either. I've never been a "trophy hunter" as they call them. I mean, most of my gaming has been with games that predate trophies/achievements anyway, but I'll casually go after them, especially when a game has basically nothing else to offer like Proteus. I have to play this game sparingly regardless because virtually all free-roaming first-person games make me feel sick, and the stupid little optional dot in the center of the screen that Proteus has to supposedly help with motion sickness does jack for me. I try to cut myself off at 15 minutes, but sometimes I end up playing for more like 20-30, and then I get a little woozy. So I admit my own physical limitations probably work against the game, as I can't let myself get totally immersed or whatever. Not that I think I would regardless because it's so aimless, but I imagine most people who like Proteus probably don't have to worry about motion sickness.