Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Played 1 credit of Rastan and died at the beginning of stage 5.

Later, I played Confidential Mission on Dreamcast for awhile. I wish it was compatible with my Japanese Sega gun, because the InterAct guns I have just feel comparatively spongey. Still, good gun game, though Virtua Cop 2 is still my favorite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Went over to a buddy's place today to try again testing a JNX Big Red JAMMA to MVS adapter I got him for his birthday. We'd tried it before with my Lode Runner: The Dig Fight pcb, but we weren't able to get sound for some reason. Today, I brought over my Punisher and Tecmo Knight boards, and both worked perfectly, so it must've just been something odd with that one board not liking the adapter. Weird.

Anyway, he and I both dig classic brawlers, so we beat Tecmo Knight. That game is dramatically easier with two players! Still, lots of violent fun, and it's great how you decapitate literally every enemy in the game save the enormous gorills mini boss.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, I totally finished off The Charming Empire on PC, which is cause for celebration in two ways. One being just because I was tired of it, but this is also the first visual novel I've fully completed since...probably 2013, I'm guessing. I can't complain at all about the increased rate of otome visual novel localizations in the last few years, but I'm developing a bad habit of jumping from one to the next without ever fully completing anything. Sticking with the pattern of steady decline, I'd say Soshi's route was the worst of the bunch. It was just a mess from the plot twist forward. I kinda have to wonder how I'd feel about Tanba and Kei's routes had I not played them first. I don't know if I liked them best just because of the newness of it all or if they were legitimately better written. Anyway, I must be a glutton for punishment because I started up Gakuen Club, which is from the same developer, localized by the same publisher, and uses the same engine and general setup. It does have six routes rather than five, though, so I wonder if that means it's going to be longer or if the individual routes will be slightly shorter. It's nothing that exciting, but so far, so good. It at least has a competent prologue where you're actually introduced to all the guys, which matters a lot for the mobile versions where you pay for each route individually after playing through the free prologue. The art is better too. I guess I'll drown my sorrow over Taisho x Alice being utterly butchered and ruined by its awful localization by playing a different otome visual novel with character designs by the same artist. Anyway, started with Asahi Minakawa's route.

I've barely touched Harvest Moon 64 since my last post in this topic, so I'm only about halfway through my second summer. Not much to report, just that the Fireworks Festival or whatever it's called annoyed me to no end in trying to find Ann. I got trapped into watching the fireworks with Karen first and then Popuri. And only Maria would come to my ranch (Dorito ranch, haha) in the morning to tell me where she'd be, which was dumb. I even checked Ann's ranch previously, but nothing triggered (I guess I was there too early). And the info you get elsewhere only mentions the square, beach, and mountain as fireworks viewing spots. After repeating the day over and over, I just looked up where Ann would be. Also on Nintendo 64, I played some Cruis'n World, which I received as a birthday present this past weekend. It's my first time playing any game in the series other than Cruis'n USA.

On Vita, I'm up to Chapter 2 in Okazaki's route in Collar X Malice. I got up to my first investigation scene where you get to move a cursor around and examine evidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, against my better judgment, I went and bought a SNES and started rebuilding my old RPG collection. I'm currently going through Final Fantasy "III" (really VI). I keep poking at the copy of MS Saga: A New Dawn I nabbed, but I dunno. The pixels are calling...
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WulfeLuer View Post
    Well, against my better judgment, I went and bought a SNES and started rebuilding my old RPG collection. I'm currently going through Final Fantasy "III" (really VI). I keep poking at the copy of MS Saga: A New Dawn I nabbed, but I dunno. The pixels are calling...
    Final Fantasy III is my second favorite RPG. MS Saga is cool, but I'm an SNES guy at heart, so I'd say fantastic decision.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

overwatch (pc) with wifey
    rez infinite ps4
    dirt 4 xbox one
    trials xbox one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Did a first for myself tonight. My Game Gear screen has been dead for a few years, so I finally decided to try re-capping the thing. I'm pretty experienced with through-hole soldering, but pretty inexperienced with surface mount soldering. Well, I went for it, and:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170829_234910.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	10353

I'm up and running. Bad picture due to the lighting, but, yeah, it looks as good as ever now1

As such, I played some Ax Battler and Zenki for Game Gear tonight. I've always said that Inu Yasha is a flagrant ripoff of Zenki. I stand by it. Ax Battler is a kinda sloppy Zelda II clone, but I like it pretty well. Reminds me of playing Exile or other Telenet stuff. Zenki is a really good action platformer, and I'd really recommend it to any Game Gear fan. It's one of my favorite Game Gear games. I hadn't played it for a decade, but it's really held up very well.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Did a first for myself tonight. My Game Gear screen has been dead for a few years, so I finally decided to try re-capping the thing. I'm pretty experienced with through-hole soldering, but pretty inexperienced with surface mount soldering. Well, I went for it, and:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170829_234910.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	10353

I'm up and running. Bad picture due to the lighting, but, yeah, it looks as good as ever now1

As such, I played some Ax Battler and Zenki for Game Gear tonight. I've always said that Inu Yasha is a flagrant ripoff of Zenki. I stand by it. Ax Battler is a kinda sloppy Zelda II clone, but I like it pretty well. Reminds me of playing Exile or other Telenet stuff. Zenki is a really good action platformer, and I'd really recommend it to any Game Gear fan. It's one of my favorite Game Gear games. I hadn't played it for a decade, but it's really held up very well.
    AWESOME Well Done..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    AWESOME Well Done..
    Hey, thanks! It was my first Game Gear cap job, so I was really happy it went off without a hitch!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I dunno if it's just renewed enthusiasm or what, but I feel like I'm blazing through Gakuen Club on PC. I'm on Chapter 10 in Asahi's route, and I feel like I can complete two chapters in the time it'd take to clear one in The Charming Empire.

In Collar X Malice on Vita, I played a little more, but not enough to have anything of note to report on. Gotta get me some more gaming time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I got in my Desert Assault pcb yesterday, which is a cool 4 player top-down run 'n gun. The board gets super hot, though, so I need to monitor it closely. It has a burned out ground pin, so I have to run a lead from that wire to a different ground pin, as that happens to be the ground wire attached to the coin mech on my 4 player cabinet, and of course it doesn't have a free play mode.

Tomorrow is tournament day, so today means mowing the lawn and cleaning up mostly. Yeehaw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Holy shit. I gave my buddy a JNX JAMMA to MVS adapter for his birthday, and it's worked fine on some of my boards. However, he bought a Pandora's Box 4S+ multi-board, and when he put it in, the screen just started flashing like crazy and it made popping sounds. I went over to check it out, and all I could tell was that the 5V rail was all over the place. So, tonight, I brought over a brand new switching power supply, wired it up, and bam, we have picture, but no sound. Long story short, after reseating it a ton and really clamping the edge connector on for, like, 40 minutes, I finally got that bitch running!

We played a game with a misspelled title that he'd researched, which turned out to just be Wolf Fang, which I've played to death on Saturn. Still, I didn't want to spoil the fun for him feeling like he discovered something new, so we played through it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I cleared Asahi's route in Gakuen Club on PC, and now I'm up to Chapter 4 in Toma Sakai's route. My second route should show what this game is really made of, since I'll get to see if the story is super repetitive from one route to the next like in The Charming Empire. So far, I see that the weekend trip to the shopping mall is an event Asahi and Toma's routes have in common. Overall, I'm seeing a lot of things in Gakuen Club that I like better than in The Charming Empire, though. For one, the whole cast is present in a route, not just the love interest currently being pursued. (Kagemitsu appeared a tiny bit in some routes other than his own, and Soshi was around in all for obvious reasons, but that was about it in The Charming Empire. Even when a character should've been one of the love interests in The Charming Empire, like with the tutor and the cafe owner, they were typically turned into generic background characters.) I also like how the choices aren't completely braindead in Gakuen Club. The first ending I got with Asahi was the Normal ending, but in The Charming Empire, it's much harder to get those than the Happy endings, as most dialogue choices had no wrong answer (and with the few that did, it was usually painfully obvious which was right). In Gakuen Club, it seems like dialogue choices appear far less frequently, for better or for worse (a downside if you'd like more interactivity), but they also seem to always have a wrong answer.

In Collar X Malice on Vita, I'm up to Chapter 3 in Okazaki's route. I had a smile plastered on my face during the entire scene where Okazaki and the heroine are exchanging texts while sitting right next to each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Holy shit. I gave my buddy a JNX JAMMA to MVS adapter for his birthday, and it's worked fine on some of my boards. However, he bought a Pandora's Box 4S+ multi-board, and when he put it in, the screen just started flashing like crazy and it made popping sounds. I went over to check it out, and all I could tell was that the 5V rail was all over the place. So, tonight, I brought over a brand new switching power supply, wired it up, and bam, we have picture, but no sound. Long story short, after reseating it a ton and really clamping the edge connector on for, like, 40 minutes, I finally got that bitch running!

We played a game with a misspelled title that he'd researched, which turned out to just be Wolf Fang, which I've played to death on Saturn. Still, I didn't want to spoil the fun for him feeling like he discovered something new, so we played through it.
    Ah glad to hear you got it going..
    I won a Pandora's box Cheap listed as used on ebay..It came New unused-I bought several adapters plus the JNX JAMMA to MVS .to try the board in several of my cabinets ...
    I first tested the Pandoras box in a small bartop machine with LCD monitor and it worked first try..

Candy cab wired for MVS did not like it..jumpy picture popping sounds ,flashing-some games would not work at all or be so flashy unplayable...and I have a new power supply in the cabinet too...I messed with it too much,waisted to much time trying.

Going over wiring 20 times I even bought one of those adapters to run my own wires..
    Big RED MVS again a no go..Made that cab go nuts -this is my baby-board out quick..

Street Fighter 2 CE had the most promise -I figured I could still plays SF2CE and have a bunch more in the cab..I got picture but it was dull shifted to the left-buttons stopped working ...this cab also has a new power supply .I go messing with the monitor adjustments can't get it no brighter yet it's bright with the SF2CE board...Going over the wiring crazy the Pandora box the buttons in the cabinet just stop working over and over..I was having ground issues it just drove me nuts,then the cab would not boot up with SF2CE anymore I gave up...
    I let the cab sit for a day went over the wiring checked the power supply voltage everything ok,finally the cab came back on..

Frustrated I bought a kit to build a bar top machine to build around the pandoras box...everything new,wired it all up.. $600.00 later I have an awesome bartop machine and the pandors box plays perfectly ,it seems to prefer LCD...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

September is kicking my butt with work, so my amount of gaming time is suffering like usual. I'm up to, I believe, Chapter 11 in Sakai's route in Gakuen Club on PC, but I dropped that for the time being when another PC game, Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome, the first ever adult otome game to be localized, came out. I've only played a little so far, but it's pretty amusing (it is billed as a comedy, after all). There are a lot of nice benefits to it being an adult game that many people wouldn't realize. There's often a big push for creating protagonists who are accommodating for players who want to imagine themselves as the protagonist in all-ages otome games, which can mean heroines with very plain appearances (sometimes not even showing her face), little in the way of backstory and defining personality traits, and no voice acting. But here, Ema is fully voiced, usually on-screen, and has a very distinct personality and appearance. And she and the two guys crack all sorts of ridiculous jokes that are, uh, a little too "colorful" for an all-ages otome game, haha.

I'm also still plugging away at Okazaki's route in Collar X Malice on Vita, on Chapter 5 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Play testing several Sega Saturn games today starting off with :

Criticom (Sega Saturn, 1995)

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still playing Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC when I can make the time. After I got my first bad ending, the menu where you can see all you've unlocked opened, so now I can view a precise percentage of how much I've cleared. Right now I'm close to 30%. I've seen four out of, I believe, twenty endings, but just bad endings so far. The game isn't rip-roaring hilarious like I've seen others make it out to be, but I've always found games, anime, manga, etc. that people claimed had them laughing their asses off will usually make me smile or lightly chuckle at best here and there. That's not to say I'm some humorless individual, but I guess Japanese humor doesn't do much for me, nor the corny humor often seen in Western games and localizations. I'm not criticizing Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome here, though. I don't need to bust a gut over it. I'm just fine enjoying how light and silly it is, especially when so many of the other visual novels I play get pretty heavy. On that note, I'm in Chapter 6 of Okazaki's route in Collar X Malice on Vita.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4
    Ys Origin

Got a copy from LRG recently for a game from 2006 it holds up well.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 09-30-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Forum needs a LIKE post button ..

I'm messing around with OLD TIGER LCD Handheld games..
    Bowling -Speed Boat..

I haven't bought a video game on ebay in years,today purchased NES MAD MAX...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've torn a big swath through Final Fantasy VI (aka 3) for SNES, calming down a bit since I'm at the point where I need a big block of time to do the last bits. Doing a concurrent playthrough of Chrono Trigger to keep things fresh.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.