Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Alien Trilogy (Long Box) (Sony PlayStation 1, 1996)

Too Dark on a CRT TV.even worst on a LCD...

Need a better way to play this old game.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

been playing Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash over the last 5 days and its awesome.
    Like, its really really really really awesome.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I have three games going, which is extremely unusual for me.

1. Rogue Legacy - I like this game, but I guess I suck at it, because after about 15 upgrades I seldom come out with enough cash to buy anything. I just play a little now and then after getting into it initially.

2. A Boy and His Blob (Wii) - I dunno, it is alright. I'm not swept away by its charm like I expected from reviews.

3. Axiom Verge - Started this yesterday and really like it. I don't often have the patience for the difficulty and deliberate(?) frustration of games like the original Metroid anymore, but this game is striking a nice balance, perhaps straying towards too easy on the normal difficulty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

After moving to a bigger place recently, I've finally been able to get my Mame cab up and running once again. I've been introducing my 6 year old to some arcade games. Though he tends to mainly be interested in super hero games and TMNT(which he's beaten by himself about 20 times in the last 2 weeks). But I'm usually too busy myself, to actually play the thing.

Last night, though, I played Captain America and the Avengers with him, and then finished off the night playing a few games of Klax.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Retro Freak
    Sweet Home (NES/Famicom)

Finished,Ys Origin with all three characters so now that is a complete for me.After that i did a quick run for castlevania 3 the japanese version with trevor and grant.Now i'm playing sweet home i've had the game for years now and i want to beat it finally.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 10-19-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I've been all over the place.

F355 Challenge - Sega Dreamcast

Mad Max (Nintendo Entertainment System, 1990)

Both games bought off eBay..I haven't bought a game off ebay in years otherwise..

Playing a game bartop arcade machine random multi-board game
    JACKIE CHAN....

Newer stuff:
    RECORE.. I love this game but it's to hard so I gave up..miss a jump have to go all the way around again to miss it again -no fun..
    Having more enjoyment with Ghost Recon Wildlands..

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's hard to remember everything I've played since my last post in this topic, but it doesn't amount to a lot of actual playing time. I've tried out a bunch of games of games I bought over the last couple months, but only briefly. Let's see, I finished Okazaki's route in Collar X Malice, I got back into Runner 2 and beat that, and I tried out Ys VIII, Ys Origin, Mary Skelter, XBlaze - Code: Embryo, Asdivine Hearts, Plague Road, and Oceanhorn, all on Vita. Might be forgetting something else I recently bought and tried, but I think that's everything. I've been playing Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC here and there, and the percentages are diverging more and more. I think Saito is at about 40%, Miki over 60%, and the general "Story" percentage is closing in on 50%. I feel like I'm getting close to the end of Miki's route, but who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

GAME GEAR..

Testing two old game gears both have bad screens where you have to tilt them to see the game..

Playing ROAD RASH and Putt & Putter Mini Golf..

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Took months but I finally retired Runner 2 for Vita back to its case for the foreseeable future. After beating it, I unlocked and cleared (on the default difficulty) all 100 stages in the game. That's good enough for me. Since unlocking all of the rewards and/or trophies requires playing through the entire game again on the easier and harder difficulties, I'll save that for a replay if I'm ever so inclined. I also tried out Chaos;Child on Vita, and urgh, that prologue......... Made me feel kinda ill and put me off to playing further, not that I was planning on playing through the whole game right away anyway. For the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I got back into Gakuen Club on PC. After playing Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome and Collar X Malice lately, the writing and story in Gakuen Club feels really bland, but in spite of this, it's still enjoyable enough. Sometimes some mindless fluff ain't bad, though we'll see what I say when I've cleared all six routes. I had left off near the end of Sakai's route, so I finally finished off that, and now I'm a few chapters into Saku Takizawa's route.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I've been meaning to play the STALKER games since they came out, and since I haven't played an FPS in a while, I started up Shadows of Chernobyl. I was going along pretty good, though it was a little more difficult on the second of 5 (or 6?) difficulty settings than I expected. Then I started noticing that bandits just keep coming CONSTANTLY. I wouldn't even have time to loot corpses before another wave was coming. I went looking to see if I was experiencing something normal or a glitch. Might be that is normal, but I really don't enjoy rushing constantly. A frantic fight is one thing, but once it is done I like to breathe a little, and not have to frantically grab up ammo and meds for the incoming wave. So my checking led to some full overhaul mods. Tried one that sounded like it might be to my liking, but despite the better graphics, it also was harder to see and I got wasted right off. Trying another that people complain makes the game too easy, but that sounds like what I need.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm up to Chapter 8 (or maybe it was 9?) in Saku's route in Gakuen Club on PC. I can't precisely remember when the love confessions came in the routes I cleared previously, but this one felt like it came much earlier, which is great because I was beginning to get a little annoyed with all the "what is this feeling?", "I must just be a bother to you", "he can't possibly mean it that way", etc. etc. Just accept that you have feelings for the other person and that they have feelings for you, dammit, haha. After two and a half routes completed, I'm assuming the shopping trip at the mall and the school festival appear in every route, but so far at least, the details vary enough to keep these common events from being a chore after completing multiple routes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I'm getting back to handheld games,trying to obtain a few (favorites) I had as a kid..
    I did once obtain them then sold them off but I'm back at finding them again..

Just got COSMIC COMBAT .wow does it bring back memories..

Next to find

Auto Race
    Battle Star Galactica

Mario G&W Cement Factory Table Top game..this one is pricey..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Showing my kids how to play DUCK HUNT .....Zapper ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Showing my kids how to play DUCK HUNT .....Zapper ...
    Heh, I showed my kid Duck Hunt for the first time a few weeks ago. Later at dinner (without any input from me on the matter) he said, "When he laughed I tried to shoot that doggie"...which is, of course, the correct response.

He also got a kick out of watching me play Adventure for the Atari 2600. He thought it was absolutely hilarious that the bat kept taking my stuff.
    Last edited by jb143; 11-22-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm a few more chapter into Saku's route in Gakuen Club on PC, but it's probably been a good week or more since I played that. Instead, I'm getting back into Harvest Moon 64 on N64 after not touching it for I assume months. I'm now a few days before the end of the second summer. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to get married. Ann's been at the highest affection level for a while now. Apparently, each girl has a scene where they confess their feelings and ask the protagonist to give them a blue feather, and I could've seen it a while back with Ann, but I was always visiting the ranch in the morning, not in the afternoon or evening when the scene triggers, haha. I stumbled across the scene when heading to the Firefly Festival at the beach, which takes place at night. I thought "Great, now I can buy the blue feather", but I have no idea who sells it or where, haha. I believe there was a seller who showed up only on Sundays in the first Harvest Moon, but on the only Sunday I've had since I saw the event with Ann, it was raining, so I don't know if that affected anything. I guess I'll have to keep looking, but the days zip by so fast that I never have enough time to check thoroughly. I'm also considering the possibility that I may need certain home extensions before marriage is possible, which is part of the reason I never have enough time, since I'm grinding for lumber every day in the mountains. I still don't have a kitchen, so maybe that's the problem.

I'm also trying out new Vita acquisitions as they come in. I briefly played a little Tokyo Tattoo Girls, Summon Night 6, Axiom Verge, and Dungeon Hunter Alliance. I ordered a few more on Cyber Monday too, since I found some nice deals, so I'll have to try those out soon as well. It's really fun collecting for this system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Heh, I showed my kid Duck Hunt for the first time a few weeks ago. Later at dinner (without any input from me on the matter) he said, "When he laughed I tried to shoot that doggie"...which is, of course, the correct response.

He also got a kick out of watching me play Adventure for the Atari 2600. He thought it was absolutely hilarious that the bat kept taking my stuff.
    I keep trying to shoot that Dog..

Adventure is my favorite 2600 game..I really need to play it again,in front of my kids to see what they say.Lol......I expect Dad/What is That?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Adventure is my favorite 2600 game..I really need to play it again,in front of my kids to see what they say.Lol......I expect Dad/What is That?
    I expected "Daaaaad...this is soooo booooriiiinnnnggggg" but instead he got really into it.

The only thing I've really been playing recently is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(2003 GameCube). I've never played it before so didn't really know what to expect, it's not without it's flaws but it's not too bad. Me and my kid had been playing TMNT 2 and the arcade game(mamecab) as well as Turtles in Time, then he recently discovered I had a TMNT game upstairs "on the big TV" so we've been playing it on the weekends. (He's really into TMNT currently if you can't tell )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Decided to try out the Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton game after recently playing the original Phoenix Wright game. It is fine, but I'm not spending a lot of time with it.

Still playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. Game was kicking my butt; I'm not great at FPS, so I tried a couple mods and with the Complete mod, it is really fun for me.

My 11 y.o. son has really been wanting to play some co-op games with me, but there never seems to be time. Plus he really kind of sucks at gaming if it isn't Minecraft or Roblox, so I've been unfortunately reluctant to try some classic co-op games. Recently, though, we started playing Secret of Mana together, and while there are some frustrations, it is still lots of fun and he's really into it. He plays hockey, though, so in the middle of the season things are slow-going for game progress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    after recently playing the original Phoenix Wright game.
    Did you play the DS version? And if so did you play the bonus episode after the main game? I only ask because I almost missed it, and would have if I didn't watch the credits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Did you play the DS version? And if so did you play the bonus episode after the main game? I only ask because I almost missed it, and would have if I didn't watch the credits.
    Yes, I did! I'm in the habit of watching credits and was really surprised the game wasn't over, especially since I had sort of thought it was over two times before that, though I was going to be pretty disappointed the first time I thought it was over.