Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    One of my all-time favorites! So many hours spent on that to get the 'good' ending. It is an odd mix of fun and relaxing.

Ahhh I never knew of an ending...I never last far enough in games to get to endings....now I need to play again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Daytona USA 2
    I wish this was ported to console..

https://youtu.be/bPVNKH_aaDE

Neo Geo MVS
    Top Players Golf ..I still have no idea how to play this game..

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

TMNT IV SNES

Raiden V

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't been playing that much since getting better. Too much work and such to catch up on. But I did totally finish off Donkey Kong Country 3 on my Game Boy Advance SP. Thank goodness Swanky Kong didn't want me to collect every last star in the Sonic 2 mini-game rip-off to get his banana bird. Though I can't comprehend why they'd give Swanky Kong a new mini-game when he already had a perfectly acceptable one in the original, which was actually relevant to the game in that it featured the same kind of gameplay as in the snowman boss fight. In this version, you're just thrown for a loop when you get into that battle. What was a pain was having to clear all of Funky Kong's crappy mini-games to get his.

Since finishing off that, I opened up Steam again for the first time in over a month and did a few more chapters in Yuya's route in Gakuen Club. They seem a little longer than they'd typically run in most of the other routes. The writing has been kinda iffy in this route.

I also started up the Secret of Mana remake on my Vita (also bought a physical copy for PS4). It honestly doesn't run very well on Vita. The frame rate is pretty choppy and fluctuates. But I hear it gets better once you're in areas that aren't loaded with water. Plus, I hear all the versions have issues (PS4 players are getting lots of crashes), so hopefully Square Enix will patch them all soon. That said, I'm still having plenty of fun with it. It's basically a 1:1 remake of the original, just with different aesthetics. I'm not sure how I feel about the voice acting. I'm using the Japanese voices since the English ones are cringey, and while I have no problems with the Japanese acting, my brain is still kinda expecting the characters to be silent like in the original. Of course, I could just turn the voices off, but I don't want to pass on experiencing the game in new ways. Anyway, so far I'm up to Neko's house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I haven't been playing that much since getting better. Too much work and such to catch up on. But I did totally finish off Donkey Kong Country 3 on my Game Boy Advance SP. Thank goodness Swanky Kong didn't want me to collect every last star in the Sonic 2 mini-game rip-off to get his banana bird. Though I can't comprehend why they'd give Swanky Kong a new mini-game when he already had a perfectly acceptable one in the original, which was actually relevant to the game in that it featured the same kind of gameplay as in the snowman boss fight. In this version, you're just thrown for a loop when you get into that battle. What was a pain was having to clear all of Funky Kong's crappy mini-games to get his.

Since finishing off that, I opened up Steam again for the first time in over a month and did a few more chapters in Yuya's route in Gakuen Club. They seem a little longer than they'd typically run in most of the other routes. The writing has been kinda iffy in this route.

I also started up the Secret of Mana remake on my Vita (also bought a physical copy for PS4). It honestly doesn't run very well on Vita. The frame rate is pretty choppy and fluctuates. But I hear it gets better once you're in areas that aren't loaded with water. Plus, I hear all the versions have issues (PS4 players are getting lots of crashes), so hopefully Square Enix will patch them all soon. That said, I'm still having plenty of fun with it. It's basically a 1:1 remake of the original, just with different aesthetics. I'm not sure how I feel about the voice acting. I'm using the Japanese voices since the English ones are cringey, and while I have no problems with the Japanese acting, my brain is still kinda expecting the characters to be silent like in the original. Of course, I could just turn the voices off, but I don't want to pass on experiencing the game in new ways. Anyway, so far I'm up to Neko's house.
    Hey Glad your feeling better...

I enjoy reading your gaming posts .....

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Im playing Crash Wrath of Cortex on the Xbox. The game is actually pretty hard if you factor in the talismans and jewels you need for 100% completion

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Hey Glad your feeling better...

I enjoy reading your gaming posts .....
    Thanks! Hopefully I can stay virus-free for a while now, haha. I always enjoy reading your posts too.

As for my gaming, I'm about 6 hours into the Secret of Mana remake on my Vita, as I mentioned in another topic. I just recovered the mana seed that was taken from the Water Palace. It's around this point in the game, including in the original, where I always get sick of feeling like I'm going in circles, endlessly traveling back and forth between the Water Palace, Pandora, and Gaia's Navel. If memory serves, I get to move on to new areas soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

I've been slowly chipping away at Yuya's route in Gakuen Club on PC too, just wanting to have the game as a whole finally polished off. I'm currently up to Chapter 10.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I just got my third batch of magic in the Secret of Mana remake on Vita. The Upper Land is a pretty decent jump in difficulty, and the bright side of that is that it forces me to actually use my magic outside of boss battles, gaining some levels in the process, on top of the character and weapon level-ups I was getting.

I'm up to Yuya's Normal End in Gakuen Club on PC. Just gotta read through that, run through his route once or twice more to choose the other options and unlock the Happy End, and then I'll finally have another visual novel 100% completed.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I fully finished off Gakuen Club on PC, so now I've totally wrapped up both of OperaHouse's localized games. Why I've focused on these when I've got plenty of better otome visual novels to complete, I don't know. I guess because these were easier to play in very short spurts. Even though The Charming Empire has the more interesting premise, I'd definitely say Gakuen Club is the better written game. Not that I finished on a particularly high note. I probably caught more mistakes in Yuya's route than any other, and the story progression was slightly nonsensical at parts (but nothing like in The Charming Empire). The ending was the most perplexing of all. They just randomly switch the perspective to Yuya, and then halfway through that last chapter, they switched back to the protagonist. I mean, I've seen other VNs do this, but never this inelegantly.

Anyway, with that done, I'm switching my focus back to Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome again. It's kinda hilarious how close I was to Miki's ending when I last left off. Apparently, I was at the beginning of the very last scene. So I read through that, finally got a proper ending in the game, and started up a new file, probably to pursue Saito, unless I run into more bad endings first. As far as my story progress percentages go, the overall story is over 50%, Miki is over 70%, and Saito is over 40%.

I haven't made too much more progress in the Secret of Mana remake on my Vita. I only got up to the desert before my battery needed recharging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I decided to take Rogue Galaxy out for another spin after another 100 hour bout of FF12 insanity. I spent most of my vacation tearing my through it, got to the final planet and I'm cooling off a bit before the weapon grind complete burns me out. I'm running Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as a palate cleanser and I'm still surprised at how engaging this game can be. I hope to wrap up both soon so I can go ahead and start on the stack of impulse buy RPGs sitting here. I'm thinking Vandal Hearts next.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm playing Zelda: BotW again. I played it originally on the WiiU, but I plan to get the DLC, and figured now that I have a Switch I maybe should get the DLC on it, so that means playing it again. And that's not a problem, because this game is really damn good. Buying the same game for another console sucks, but I've done it for every other Zelda game, so there wasn't any real doubt about it anyway. Plus, it is Zelda and I'm powerless to resist. All other games I was playing are solidly on the backburner with the flame off.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The break I took from Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC has done a lot for boosting my motivation to play it. It's a very nice change of pace after focusing on a visual novel where they make it out as if holding hands is scandalous and where the writing feels like it could just as well be marketed at preteens. With Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome, the writing is leagues better, the localization is better, and everything is a heck of a lot more mature, for obvious reasons. I've really been enjoying getting back to it. I just wish I had more time to play. My main story percentage is now over 55%, Saito is over 50%, and Miki has nearly hit 75%. I got a couple more bad endings, which were endings 6 and 7, though I've strangely missed 5 somehow. As far as I can tell, the bad endings are more or less in chronological order of availability, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am re-playing Mass Effect because the first one was not available for PS3 until Dec 2012, after the release of ME3 and only played it once to experience what I missed.

The game is very good and I finished it a few weeks ago and had most missions done but I need to finish it on Insanity so I need at least one more run that I started yesterday as a new game + to get the level 60 trophy
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

For some reason I have not been able to get on the site..

I have lots to catch up on reading in this topic..

I bought a Neo Geo Pocket Color "Turf Masters game cart loose at a flea market for $10.00 of course it didn't work contacts dirty..

Having trouble with the console internal battery keeps dying...New Battery Seems Ok Now...I guess some of these batteries don't have a long shelf life..

I had to open the games to clean them..Finally working right now..
    https://youtu.be/SzdqvQZQMok
    Last edited by Videogamerdaryll; 03-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been doing a long butler cafe sequence in Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC, and Miki has been out of the picture for a while. His percentage has gone stagnant, but Saito is now at 57%, and the main story is over 60%. I got ending 8, but somehow 5 is still eluding me.

I've also been trying out Vita games from Limited Run Games as they show up. I tried out a little Volume, Skullgirls, Croixleur Sigma, and Sky Force Anniversary. They all seem like they'd be fun to put some more time into, though the weird blurriness of Skullgirls kinda bugs me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I've been busy I picked up an old Xbox Game Midway Arcade Classics /Spy Hunter Paperboy
    I picked up a 360 at a flea market that worked
    https://youtu.be/5NA3EXueZN4

I picked up a Dreamcast at a flea market,...it works great ..the burnt Crazy Taxi 2 game that was inside did not work,the disc looks like it's rotting ..
    https://youtu.be/1IouZEhvejw

Testing a Sega CD unit this morning for a friend and it doesn't work..
    https://youtu.be/HRcyiHkDy1M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Finally wound up starting on Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I already think that this is the game that Lament of Innocence should have been. Leaving the Innocent Devils and crafting aside, getting to choose a combat style beyond "whip that has fire or whip that has lightning" and a decent experience system really help a lot. It actually makes me wonder if LoI was one big blond joke.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been preparing for a trip among other things, so I'm still barely having any time for gaming. All I can squeeze in is Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome on PC in the mornings during breakfast. I now have both Saito and the main story over 67%, and Miki's percentage increased a tiny bit to just over 75%. If I'm remembering the numbers right, I got endings 10 and 13, so now I have all sorts of gaps and no idea where the other bad endings are. Maybe they're within the third route that's only unlocked after both Miki and Saito's routes are cleared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I decided to get back into Skyward Sword. I started it last summer and got to what feels like maybe about 1/3 of the way through but when we sold our house and moved, I put it down and hadn't picked it back up since. I was at a pretty clean stopping point in the the story, so that wasn't a problem as far as remembering what to. It took me a while to relearn the controls though. Still frustrated at the gyro sensor being used for the menus.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Making an earnest attempt at Lunar 2. This is a bit more significant for me personally since it is one of three (the other being Tactics Ogre and Suikoden) that I dropped after about 2-3 hours because I just couldn't reconcile the graphics being on PS1. I was a snobby little idiot then, and I paid for it. But now I'm having a bit of fun with some old-school JRPG goodness.