Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2017/2018 Edition (GAMEPLAY)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The topic title only says 2017 and 2018, but I assume we're going to continue using this topic for 2019.

Since I couldn't get Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth on Wii beaten within 2018, I'm taking it slower now. I've gotten up to the fifth stage, but I've been repeating the earlier stages some to try alternate routes. I really wish this game was like Rondo of Blood and actually kept track of which areas you've visited.

As for London Detective Mysteria on Vita, I'm out of the prologue at least now.

And I'm still playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Party on Switch with family.

Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I JUst started playing Dragon's Crown on Vita. Got past the tutorial part during a break at work. It's got some potential as I was not a fan of the PS3 version.

On New Year's Eve I played Namco Museum DS, which was handed to me by my fifth oldest as we have a Galaga competition going on. He's, to put it as lovingly as possible, a "sore player". He thinks he's God's gift to video games as he can beat others at certain games and is VERY full of himself and condescending when you lose. "That's ok...it'll just take more practice for you," is a favorite phrase. However when he loses...he gets a little ugly and probably won't play that game for a while. He rage quit a game of checkers that day.

Anyway, his high score was in the 60k range, so I had my work cut out. On top of that, I was playing with a handicap with one of my step daughters curled up next to me in the recliner, my son on the other side playing with my ear and others huddled around behind me. As I played, the chair would start to rotate or recline thanks to the children. In the end, I racked up a score of 86K I think...(thought it was 82K but I remember I was only a few thousand away from wiping out the high score of 90-some-thousand). He was not thrilled, but quietly shut off his DS and walked away.

I traded in a Wii a friend gave me as they didn't want it, but I have 3 already including the Wii U. I picked up a DSi XL for an even swap at a local game store so I can see these games better. Should be interesting to see the scores I get now.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

As I said in the other thread, just started Baldur's Gate part 2 on ps2 with my son. Pretty fun so far, and they definitely smoothed some things out from part 1.

I'm also playing The Last of Us on ps3. Having lots of fun. Trying real hard to just play, but I like to be perfect at stealth in games like this, so I sometimes restart encounters even though I don't need to. I've also run into strange behavior a couple times, most recently was the "fire up the generator and everything goes to shit" part. First time I wasn't ready for and died. Second time I had a plan, based on the first time, but ran smack into the bloater in a completely different place from the first time. Last time I just jogged out of the area without seeing a single baddie, same route as the second try. Go figure.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crystal Caves by Apogee through Dos Box. I finished Secret Agent ages ago (very similair game) but only did the first episode for CC's. Im doing each level damageless and getting the bonus too.
    The first episode was mostly a cake-walk and I just finished the second episode which had the difficulty ramped up quite a bit. Very satisfying to beat. Now i will be starting the 3rd and final episode
    so it will be interesting to see how this one goes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I finally made the time to clean and try out some of the imports I bought a while ago. I played a little Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story on my modified SNES, and then I switched over to N64 to try Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Dancing Museum, SimCity 2000, Super Robot Spirits, and Tetris 64. I still don't have a Bio Sensor accessory, so I didn't touch those modes in Tetris 64, but I did try regular Tetris and Giga Tetris. I grew bored with regular Tetris (I've already played a lifetime's worth of regular Tetris on my Game Boy back in the day), but Giga Tetris, with its occasional massive pieces, was amusing enough. I don't think I saw a single lick of Japanese in the game from what I played, so it's easily one of the most English-friendly N64 imports I've played, if unremarkable. On that note, Super Robot Spirits seemed unremarkable too. Just your run of the mill clunky 3D fighter, except with licensed anime mecha. SimCity 2000 I've never been able to get into, not even in English or on any other platform. Disney Dancing Museum was good fun, though. I've never been great at rhythm games, even less so with ones that have dance pads, but this one seems on the easy side, so I wasn't doing half bad. The mat is surprisingly responsive, and the songs are catchier than I expected. They mostly sound like regular Japanese rhythm game music to me. With the Disney theme, I figured they'd be a lot more childish and grating.

I'm still playing Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth on Wii, and I'm steadily improving at the game. I can clear the first four stages without much difficulty now. Reaching Death at the end of the fifth stage isn't too bad either. I just need to learn his patterns more and hopefully I can tackle Dracula soon. I don't get why some series veterans talk like this game is so easy on the default difficulty. Maybe they're exaggerating for the sake of bragging, or maybe they're cranking up the number of lives per continue. Or I could just be rusty. I haven't played all the way through any Castlevania since 2012, when I beat the 3D Rondo of Blood remake on PSP. But I think the ReBirth game puts up a decent challenge on the default setting. Certainly harder than, say, Super Castlevania IV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've really been getting into London Detective Mysteria on Vita, so I haven't touched my Wii since my last post. The chapters don't seem to be numbered, so I've lost track of how many I've completed, but I finished a chapter that focuses on Jack (though I already know his route isn't available the first time through).

I also finally tried out Ganbare Goemon: Uchuu Kaizoku Akogingu. I was too lazy to pull out my Japanese PS2, which is how I normally play Japanese PS1 games, so I took out my modded launch model PS1 instead, which I probably haven't turned on in at least a decade, since I mostly just have it as a collectible. It still works and still loads Japanese games, but it did have a hard time of it, with the music skipping a lot. I didn't play long, and the scaling is kinda funky, but it seems like it could be fun when I'm ready to invest more time into it and actually get my Japanese PS2 out.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I've been playing Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap on Switch and just got the Lion form. I never played the original, but this really makes me want to pull it out to compare. I stumbled into an area called The Unknown and the platforming was really challenging, but had me coming back over and over because I was always "so close".

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tomb raider shadow xbox one/pc
    call of cthulhu xbox

overwatch couple hours most days with the wife

bang dream phone game
    rhythm title