Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

For all its similarities to the SNES game, which I know inside and out, Harvest Moon 64 on N64 keeps perplexing me. I caved and confirmed online my suspicions: that my lack of a kitchen prevented me from having access to the blue feather. So I finally saved up enough wood, had to wait a few days for the dang carpenter's hut to be open, got my kitchen built, found where to buy the blue feather fairly easily (no special shopkeeper, just at the regular tools shops), and then used it on Ann. It made the sparkles like when impregnating a cow, haha, and her response was weird? She acted confused and flustered, but never gave any solid confirmation that she'd marry the protagonist. The feather got used up, and I can't buy another, so I don't know what is going on. In subsequent days, things are going as normal, and she's behaving and talking as if nothing happened. So I don't know, maybe they're waiting till the next Sunday to have the wedding? I'm just a few days from my second winter, and I really want the marriage part to be done. I'm especially worried about that dang drifter, Cliff, stealing my woman, haha. Ann's brother, Gray, and Popuri even got married, which scared the heck out of me, since Gray came to the farm to ask the protagonist to come to the wedding, but he didn't specifically say it was HIS wedding, so I was worried that he was inviting me to a wedding for Ann and Cliff. Assuming I can get the wedding over with before autumn is over, that still only leaves me with three seasons for them to have a child, but I already have the carpenter's building a baby bed. And at least I won the Egg Festival this time around, haha.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Whoo-hoo, I am wed in Harvest Moon 64 on N64. I was right; it was a simple matter of waiting for the next Sunday (which ended up being the very last day of autumn, preventing me from shipping out a bunch of eggplants, haha). Now it's the usual slow winter crawl. Still gotta grind for wood, though. A greenhouse is the last thing I need from the carpenters (though it'll be kinda useless, getting it so close to the end). I had been assuming I had two and half years like in the SNES game, but I learned that the evaluation actually comes after the third spring. Before I had been kind of eager to finish the game, but now I'm a little sad it's almost over, haha. Unlike the SNES game, you can keep going past the ending, but I don't see much point in doing so if it's not counting toward anything. I'm more inclined to just start fresh, which I definitely want to do someday. I haven't done the greatest with this first file, as I've struggled with trying to play it as if it were the SNES game (my first summer was all but a disaster with me failing to understand fatigue and sickness + getting like three typhoons). The differences really do make a BIG difference, and this game is deceptive about just how much depth lies beneath. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of all that can be done with the townspeople. I thought everyone but the love interests were useless, minus their basic tasks of selling goods and what have you, but apparently pretty much everyone has an affection level, and if you befriend them, you get all sorts of scenes. It think it'd be really fun to replay this in the future after reading up on all the secrets and best strategies.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm saved at the beginning of the Happy End of Saku's route in Gakuen Club on PC, so I'll have his route finished off in no time. Then I'll be halfway done with the game.

Nothing much new to report about Harvest Moon 64 on N64. I think I'm about a third of the way through my second winter now? The mine has opened up again, but I don't see much point in mining. As far as I know, I've already found every type of mineral available, and I haven't been hurting for money for a long time. I'm just taking it slow now because I can't do too many winter days in a row before it gets a little tiresome.

On Vita, I tried out Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star and Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I still read each post,I find it very interesting on what people are playing/into..

I'm Trying to find the time to play Crazy Taxi 2 Dreamcast..
    I hooked up a Performance VGA box from the DC to a Computer Monitor...I can't really tell if it looks any better lol

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finished off both endings for Saku's route in Gakuen Club on PC, and then I started up my fourth route, Wataru Kagurazaka's. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it felt like chapters in Saku's were, on average, longer than in the previous two routes I did. I went through Wataru's first chapter, and it felt like it was over in the blink of an eye.

In Harvest Moon 64 on N64, I'm now through most of my second winter. I decided to return to mining after all, since I read there was still a power berry and a unique item in there. I managed to find the former, but the latter still eludes me. I've won both the horse and dog race now, plus the Cow Festival. But I guess I won't get another shot at the swimming competition if there isn't a third summer before the ending. I missed the first one due to sickness and lost the second. I allllllmost have enough wood for the greenhouse, but Ann still isn't pregnant. I don't know how long pregnancy lasts in this Harvest Moon (and I can't remember how long it lasted in the first either; if it were realistic, it'd have to be three seasons, but I'm pretty sure it was less than that), but I'm worried now that even if she gets pregnant soon, she still might not have given birth by the time the ending comes, which makes me feel like I dropped the ball with this file all the more. In the first Harvest Moon, you can have two children (though the second never advances beyond being a baby), and even in my very first file in that game, I managed to get one kid.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm a couple days into my third spring and final season before the ending in Harvest Moon 64 on N64. While she hasn't said it outright, it's pretty obvious that Ann is pregnant now, as she's talking about feeling strange and not having an appetite and such. Plus, the midwife in town is like "Don't worry. I'll be there for the baby." I'm just assuming at this point that the baby won't be born before the ending. I finally got a greenhouse, completing all the home extensions. Man, this thing changes everything. I expected it to be small on the inside, with only enough room to plant a few patches of crops, but it's huge. Since time doesn't move while inside buildings, I can tend to the animals and work my crops until the protagonist is completely drained of energy before the morning is even over. Then I can spend the rest of the day talking to villagers, seeing if I can trigger anything interesting before the ending comes. My dog had puppies with the dog in town, and it seems like Karen and Kai left the village permanently? I'm still waiting to see if Popuri has a kid or if any of the others get married, but nothing seems to be changing in that regard, despite the mailman talking about confessing his feelings to Maria (which is weird anyway because he looks waaaaaay older than her).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I'm a couple days into my third spring and final season before the ending in Harvest Moon 64 on N64. While she hasn't said it outright, it's pretty obvious that Ann is pregnant now, as she's talking about feeling strange and not having an appetite and such. Plus, the midwife in town is like "Don't worry. I'll be there for the baby." I'm just assuming at this point that the baby won't be born before the ending. I finally got a greenhouse, completing all the home extensions. Man, this thing changes everything. I expected it to be small on the inside, with only enough room to plant a few patches of crops, but it's huge. Since time doesn't move while inside buildings, I can tend to the animals and work my crops until the protagonist is completely drained of energy before the morning is even over. Then I can spend the rest of the day talking to villagers, seeing if I can trigger anything interesting before the ending comes. My dog had puppies with the dog in town, and it seems like Karen and Kai left the village permanently? I'm still waiting to see if Popuri has a kid or if any of the others get married, but nothing seems to be changing in that regard, despite the mailman talking about confessing his feelings to Maria (which is weird anyway because he looks waaaaaay older than her).
    I have never played Harvest Moon 64 N64 but it sounds extremely interesting ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I also currently play MeiQ Something of Death on the Vita. It's a pretty good dungeon crawler with likable characters. Plus it has cats.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

just beat Um Jammer Lammy, and kinda replaying through some of the better songs. one of the few games I've beaten the same day I got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Atari 2600 Demon Attack on the Dreamcast -via disc..

My Dads favorite 2600 game is Demon Attack he has it set up on Atari 2600
    But he wants to play it other ways also,new style TV..
    So I have been looking for other ways ..
    The emulation disc works great but I bought a second one so that I can tell him how to use it 'in hand'

Looking for other ways for him to play Bosconion
    He has in on TV Plug N Play and Arcade Machine ..PlayStation 1 Disc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quantum Break
    Quake 1
    Just beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat last night.
    Kinda want L.A. Noire VR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Burgertime >arcade-Bartop Arcade ...I stink at it but I like it..

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Just went back and found what I missed in STALKER SOC, and as I thought, it was quite a bit. Now playing Secret of Mana and Mario Odyssey with my son, and Princess Peach (DS) and Mario RPG (SNES). Having gotten the Switch for xmas, Mario Odyssey has pretty much taken over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Happy New Year..2018

Zoo Keeper ..
    This game is so addicting ...I stink at the platform jump levels,I got the furthest ever last night.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The last week or so of 2017 was pretty insane for me, not even counting the usual busyness with the holidays, so that really threw a monkey wrench in what I had hoped to accomplish gaming-wise before the year was over and in what I've been playing. I had been hoping to polish off Harvest Moon 64, but I haven't even played that since my last post about it. Since I got sick, I pulled out my Game Boy Advance SP per my norm (so I can play something in bed but not gunk up my more modern handhelds with clammy hands), and since I got the second and third Final Fantasy Legend games for Christmas, there was no better time to start the former. I've collected about 20 MAGI so far, and I'm currently collecting all the MAGI in Ki's body, which has to be one of the weirder tasks I've had to do in an RPG. I have a party consisting of a male human, a female mutant, a robot, and a monster. Just like with the first Final Fantasy Legend, I'm not finding the monster all that useful. The robot seemed really good at first, but now not so much. Maybe I'm not using it properly.

Besides that, I've been playing some Gakuen Club on PC here and there. Wataru's entire route flew by. It had a little bit of that weird mood whiplash and illogical reactions so common in The Charming Empire, probably because it wasn't as evenly paced as Saku's route. Anyway, now I'm on Chapter 4 in Renji Kamiki's route. At this rate, I'm not terribly far off from having the entire game 100% completed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Catching up on past-generation games. Recently playing Saints Row The Third, Far Cry 3 and DmC on one PC. Then my wife and I are playing Little Big Planet 2 on her PS3. Also playing Tekken Tag 2 and DOA 5 on that system. Then, for more current ish, playing PAKO and Cuphead on the other PC. Then the wife is still playing League of Legends on her laptop. This has been spread out over the past six months or so, just in case anyone is trying to figure out how anyone would have time for this nonsense

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm now up to Chapter 9 in Renji's route in Gakuen Club on PC. I feel like they wrote the heroine a little too ditzy and clumsy in this route, to the point it's feeling repetitive, but I do like how they presented things a little differently in how the usual shopping trip and school festival go.

In Final Fantasy Legend II on my Game Boy Advance SP, I've collected 35 MAGI now, I think, and I just got to my fifth(?) world. I was a little taken aback when I arrived, since the vine didn't lead to a world map but rather directly into a closed off town. I opened a secret door in the bar and then guards appeared out of nowhere, throwing me into a jail. Haven't seen where I can get to after that, since I tried to save in there and the game somehow crashed. I saved in town, so there's not much of anything to repeat, but it's still weird. This is the second time the game has crashed on me. The previous time, I had just started a regular random battle and it locked up. It wouldn't respond to any button input and wouldn't open the menus for making battle selections. My GBA SP has gotten slightly flaky in recent years, so I dunno if it's related to that or if the game is just a little glitchy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I finished the main story of MeiQ and was given a metal crest for post game adventures. I finished it and now find out that I can't access other question locations unless I now play a NG+ on higher difficulties. Thankfully, everything carries over so I can use the same save game and character levels, but all the progress I have concerning the in game quests get reset back. This is a major pain as the current quest I have been given requires NG+, but if I do that, everything gets reset back to zero. And to make matters even worse, there is a NG++ with more in game quests. And I need to do all quests for the trophy. Such a pain.

Anyone who has played this game have a runaround for this?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

For no particular reason I yanked Final Fantasy XII (PS2) out and started playing it again. Helps that I actually can farm goodies somewhat competently now. I've been having an internal debate on whether or not to tear through Dragon's Dogma DA again for the 360 or get a copy for my PS3 that will soon be mated up to the flatscreen that appeared in my life. My brother surprised me again.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.