Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got this last month but didn't really have an opportunity to sit down with it. Giving each game a go, tonight.
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just finished Silent Bomber on PS1. I've been wanting to see how long it was to possibly include it in the game completion challenge, and it took about 3 hours.

It's a pretty strong action game that in many ways feels like a successor to Trap Gunner with focus on a story campaign instead of versus battles. Pretty good, though a couple of the boss fights were infuriating. Overall, I liked it a lot, and feel like it's a pretty unique action game that combines a run 'n gun with Bomberman.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

So Ive been playing Skyrim on PS4 over the last few days, and this is my second time playing through it and its really fun.

Earlier today the game glitched, and I found 2 Dawnbreaker swords when the game should have only given me one. Its a unique Daedric artifact, and its pretty cool that the game gave me 2 for some reason (theres only supposed to be one in the game). Being a regular sword you can equip one in each hand. Time to kill some vampires!!

Internet Ent Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadMikeJ83
    Steam
    mad-miker83

aka....what's loaded in my machines ATM....

Atari 2600 - Pitfall II: The Lost Caverns

Intellivision - Tron Deadly Discs

NES - Dragon Warrior III, I've been poking at it since 2008 actually

Tandy 1000 - I've been playing a lot of Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny lately, reliving the one happy side of having Chicken Pox in high school

GEM 286 - Sim City for DOS....thing is so insanely fast for a 286 that if I put the right number of Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Zones on the property, set the game to fastest, auto budget, and turn off disasters, I can go to sleep and let it run while I'm at work, come back, and I've got a smorgasboard of cash to play with, enough to fill the whole map.

486 - DOS - I've been exploring Duke Nukem's series a bit lately, Windows For Workgroups 3.11 - Enjoying the prototype of Retro City Rampage, Windows 95 - Diablo runs surprisingly well on a 486 DX2-66

Modern PC - Still playing Five Nights at Freddy's once in awhile (all six games)

Wii - Random unknown NES stuff on emulator, mostly translations of Japanese stuff like those Kero Kero Keroppi games and that child-version of Castlevania (Castlevaina Dai Bouken or something like that).

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been hopping back and forth pretty even between Norn9 on Vita and Ozmafia on PC. In the latter, I feel like every time I do a run of Caramia's route, I end up going off on a brand new branch. You really get the sense that the Oz routes are the main routes in the game, with the wealth of ways in which the routes divert. After I cleared Hamelin's route before, I started up another run of Caramia, sticking with Caramia at the confession, and this time, I got Axel as the love rival, unlike my first time through when I got Kyrie. Apparently, this affects the route earlier than the game immediately lets on, as I was getting brand new scenes and choices immediately after the confession. So I ran through that, stuck with Caramia, and got the same not-so-great ending I got my first time through. Started up Caramia again, got Axel as the rival again, but this time I picked the other options, causing me to switch routes for the first time. Now, I've already done a run with Axel, from beginning to end, so I figured switching to Axel would drop me off somewhere in the middle of what I had already seen, but nope, everything from the route switch clear to the ending was brand new. The part involving the switch itself was pretty soap opera-ish, haha. Now I'm wondering what'll happen if I, say, get on Kyrie's route and switch to Axel. Will I see the same stuff or will that be unique too?

Playing Norn9 alongside Ozmafia really highlights how straightforward the former is in comparison to Ozmafia. I finished Heishi's route, got the bad ending, ran through his route again, picking the options I didn't pick previously, got the bad ending again, then a third time picking all the right answers. I've got a save now right when the text leading to the good ending starts. While Ozmafia gives you zero indication of what the right answers are, Norn9 not only has an affection bar in the menu but you also get an animation when you pick a correct answer. It's super easy to get whatever you want to see on repeat runs.

For something completely different, I also started up Octodad: Dadliest Catch on Vita, if only because it's apparently one of the shortest Vita games I own, so why not clear it from the backlog. It's not that enjoyable, not as a single-player game at least. For me, the novelty of the silliness wears off fast, and then you'll just left with busy work with bad controls. Anyway, I'm at the Aquarium right now.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Bar top games

Trying a multicart old fighting games.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16425893_415951465411353_4483181672619623726_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	10185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16387954_415951422078024_3448280394595171483_n.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	10184

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4
    Nioh

Retro Freak
    Shinobi III

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

This weekend has been busy, so not much play so far. Fixed my garage door opener, replaced the ballast on a light fixture in the basement, spent much of Monday with my son, as the wife had a meeting. Played a credit of Time Soldiers while the boy napped. Beat the game with a decent score of 1,606,800. I was happy with that, as I hadn't played it in a few months, and I got the toughest route for me (starting in the Primitive Age... yuck... give me the Age of Rome any day...). Should have some time to play a bit Tuesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

My Punisher pcb had the sound cutting out intermittently. Figured out it was a cold solder joint on a cap near the amp. Re-flowed it, and it's working great now, so I played a few credits. Have to keep that one up, as the wife likes it a lot.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still playing everything mentioned in my previous post. In Ozmafia on PC, I started up Caramia's route yet again, specifically with the intention of getting Kyrie as the rival, and I picked the choices I skipped previously, which triggered the route switch. I had been avoiding switching to his route, thinking it would drop me off somewhere in the middle of doing his full route, which I've yet to attempt at all, but since I learned that the routes are totally different when doing a switch, I figured I may as well do Kyrie's now.

I fully polished off Heishi's route in Norn9 on Vita, so I decided to switch heroines and start up Senri's. I think it'll be interesting, since Senri barely shows up in the other routes (which makes sense of course, as he's a total shut-in). Also on Vita, in Octodad: Dadliest Catch, I'm still in the Aquarium, but I found each of the family members and completed their sections. I'm really having a hell of a time finding the tie collectibles in the game. I think I only have six so far. The trophies seem to be tough to unlock too. I think I've only got one of those.

Lastly, I played a little Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Genesis, which doesn't sound like anything special, but it's actually pretty exciting for me. You see, our trusty old CRT TV (which we bought new back in 2003 or some such) bit the dust several months ago, and we only just recently found ourselves a replacement. I'm stubborn enough that I won't hook up classic systems to an HDTV and make the games look like ass, so I haven't been playing any retro home consoles in a while. Anyway, the new (old) TV is pretty nice. It's no fancy Trinitron or anything, but it's better than our previous set in that it not only accepts RF, composite, and s-video, but also component. It's also a bit smaller and considerably lighter than our old one, which is something we were looking for. We also wanted a set with a rounded screen, as we're not super crazy about totally flat screened CRTs. Anyway, all those positives aside, it's also been disheartening because, even though it looked perfectly fine when the Craigslist seller played a movie on it to demonstrate that it works, once we brought it home and waited a few days to buy a remote for it (since it didn't come with one), we discovered that it has vertical foldover. It seems that some colors and resolutions play nice with it better than others, such that sometimes you see nothing and sometimes you see horizontal bars across the top fifth or so of the screen. The picture is great otherwise, so it's really disappointing. So right now, I don't know what we're going to do with it. Maybe we'll try to get it fixed, or maybe we'll ultimately trash it and begin our search for a CRT TV anew. It wasn't terribly expensive, and getting rid of it is as easy as taking it outside and placing it at the curb (thank goodness we live in NYC and don't have to haul stuff like that to a dump ourselves), so that part of it doesn't bother me much. I'm just tired of having problems with this stuff and tired of being without a good CRT TV to play my old games on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Today, my brother and his kids came by for awhile. The kids played some Earth Defense Force 2017 on 360. We played through the Punisher (arcade), then plugged in the Master System 3D glasses to try Space Harrier 3D and Zaxxon 3D, which my wife gave me for Christmas. Zaxxon was particularly good. This led to some intense games of Missile Defense 3D, which in turn brought out a ton of light gun stuff including Gangster Town, Safari Hunt, Rambo III, Rescue Mission, and Shooting Gallery... which caused me to want to show him my 3DO gun I repaired last fall. We played Space Pirates and Drug Wars, then Space Harrier on 32X to round things out. Lots of good stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Featuring ECW (Sony PlayStation 2, 2007)

Testing old PS2 wrestling games..

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finished off Kyrie's route in Ozmafia on PC after switching from Caramia's route. Since then, I've been feeling a little burnt out on the game from starting up Caramia's route over and over. I haven't really been in the mood to start it yet again to finally pursue his good ending. Instead, I've just been progressing in Senri's route in Norn9 on Vita. I'm on Chapter 3, probably close to Chapter 4. Also on Vita, I completely polished off Octodad: Dadliest Catch, getting 100% of the trophies (no platinum, since the game doesn't have one). I couldn't be bothered to guess at how to unlock the trophies nor to hunt down every remaining tie myself, so I just checked some guides to know what to do.

I also very briefly played some Tokimeki Memorial: Taisen Puzzle-Dama on MAME and promptly got my ass handed to me, haha. It's been a while since I last played a Taisen Puzzle-Dama game, so I'm totally out of the groove.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Neo Geo MVS Art Of Fighting 2
    Zoo Keeper Addicted to this game..

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I started Muramasa: The Demon Blade because of the GCC, and so far I'm really feeling it. Such a gorgeous game. I'm going to have to get more into the Vanilla Ware library.

I've also taken to bringing my PSP with me to work again thanks to the GCC. I haven't carried it in like 5 years or something. I didn't realize how much of an impact my lapse in gaming has played in the quality of my life. Mobile phone free to play stuff isn't the same.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Zoo Keeper Addicted to this game..
    The wife and I used to pass the DS back and forth for hours playing that back in the day. What an awesome game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I started Muramasa: The Demon Blade because of the GCC, and so far I'm really feeling it. Such a gorgeous game. I'm going to have to get more into the Vanilla Ware library.

I've also taken to bringing my PSP with me to work again thanks to the GCC. I haven't carried it in like 5 years or something. I didn't realize how much of an impact my lapse in gaming has played in the quality of my life. Mobile phone free to play stuff isn't the same.
    Glad you're enjoying it! New games'll be up in the morning... or whenever I wake up.

Just finished Limbo on Xbox 360 since I got it on that triple pack disc they put out. Really fun little game; kind of quiet and thoughtful. On the other end of the spectrum, played some GI Joe for arcade, as I swapped it into my Sunset Riders cabinet this week. It is not quiet or contemplative. It is loud and explodey. I love it. Played a bit of Money Puzzle Exchanger on my MVS cabinet as well. One of my favorite puzzle games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Wii-U
    Zelda Breath of the Wild

Sega-CD
    Snatcher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

I have been playing the Dreamcast lately...just got the dreampi few weeks ago and have been playing AFO and quake a lot...just got the Zelda on wiiu too will be playing that soon

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

i keep meaning to do more with my dreamcast so far just playing a bit alone and some powerstone with friends
    gonna do some modding/repairs and dreampi and dreamshell stuff eventually i swear

xboxone- tons of stuff forza horizon 3 forza 6 rock band 4 final fantasy xv metal slug aca

nintendo switch zelda breath of fire on a friends console

animal crossing welcome amiibo on my 2ds