As a way to do something fun together here, encourage working through our backlogs, and have some friendly competition, I present the 2017 Game Completion Challenge. Here are the rules:

-Every week, there will be three games presented to take on. I will select two, and the third will be chosen by each individual player, guided by a simple stipulation.

-In addition, for each month there will be one RPG, strategy RPG, or action RPG posted.

-For every game completed from the week, one point will be awarded.

-Completing all three games in a week scores a bonus point.

-Beating the monthly RPG will award 5 points.

-Emulation is allowed, but no save states (other than to continue at a later time) or cheats are allowed.

The goal here is just to have some fun and have some common games to talk about, but I will have prizes of some kind for the top two or three point scorers at the end of the year. You don't have to play every game or every week, and this format is designed to include both structure and freedom. I'll track points and such. We're going on the honor system here, so if you say you beat it, you did, no pics required... but feel free to post any fun screens, love, or hate for any games involved!

One final note: if you have just recently completed the monthly RPG and have no desire to return to it, let me know and I'll offer up an alternate game.

Week 1 post to follow!
Let's try and have some fun together!