Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game Completion Challenge

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Week 38

Well, looks like we have a strong taker on Beyond Oasis! So... um... new games I gotta go try the new Metroid now thanks later...

-Milon's Secret Castle (NES, Game Boy) as a tip, the GB version has a password option.

-Gunbird 2 (Arcade, Dreamcast)

-Player's Choice: pick a game that is a sequel to another game. Examples might include Goonies II, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Arkanoid: doh it Again, Last Blade 2, etc.

-September RPG is Beyond Oasis or Legend of Oasis. Meet some elementals and stuff! There's still time, they aren't long!

-Import Alternative: Cosmo Gang: The Video (SNES)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Party 8 for the Wii exclusive. If I can't think of something sequelly enough by Thursday, I'll just do Mario Party 9...even though I'm not a fan of the whole team being in one cart. It seems less fun somehow...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Gunbird 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9akcqht5qsqiqd0/gb2.jpg?dl=0

This game gets way too hard once you get to around the 3rd level and should barely count as a clear considering the number of credits I used to get there. Even with the tiny hitbox, the bullets are fast and I always felt like my character was just a bit too slow. Very pretty game, but brutal difficulty.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Beyond Oasis (pic) (pic)

I chose to play through this one on my tablet and 90% of this run was played from the comfort of my bed with headphones and a USB gamepad. The platforming was really frustrating but otherwise a fun game. Finished at the buzzer!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Legends of Wrestling 2 complete. R.I.P. Bobby Heenan.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Paging celerystalker...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Does anyone know what's up with celerystalker? He was one of the most active members here and it looks like he disappeared on 9/25. I don't care about the GCC too much at this point, I just hope everything is OK with him.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been thinking the same thing for days. He's one of the last people I would expect to drop off the face of DP. Hopefully it's just life got busy or a computer crash or something like that. He's always trying to give to the community and I'd hate to see anything serious had happened to take him out of the picture. Come back celery...we miss you. I'd hate to have to come up with next weeks titles for you!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope he's okay. It seems strange for someone so active in a forum to just vanish without a word. Does anyone have a way to contact him outside of these forums?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I've read hundreds of his posts here but honestly don't know much about him and don't have any contact info for him outside of this forum.

He has a few Friends listed on his profile, I've sent PMs out to them to see if they know him outside of DP.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I really hope he's all right too. I certainly wouldn't begrudge him from wanting to take a break from the challenge or the forum in general, but it is unusual for him to disappear like this. Unfortunately, I don't know if anyone would have much luck reaching him elsewhere. I seem to recall him saying he wasn't interested in social media or signing up for a bunch of different forums, so I think he's been pretty exclusive to this board.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Unhappy

As far as I'm aware, he doesn't do any other social media platforms besides this forum. I don't have any contact information for him besides PMing him here, and I have today, but I doubt he's checking his PMs if he isn't visiting (or able to visit) the main forum.

I share everyone's concerns and certainly hope he's doing alright.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I don't have anything to add other than my concern. I hope he's okay. Might make sense if he was in California, but I don't know of anything in St. Louis that might explain his absence.

p.s. while typing this note I pulled up his profile and he had a "vcard" with an email address, so I sent a message expressing our concern, etc.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It looks like he has a profile at the arcade-museum forums too, but I'm not registered there.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I received a reply from celerystalker's wife on his email account. I started paraphrasing her note, but I figure it is really to all of us, not just me, so I'll just quote the whole thing:

Dear Bradley,

Thanks for your concern about Mike. He is currently dealing with chronic health issues, and has chosen to spend what energy he can on spending time with his son and me after working. He's often talked about enjoying a game forum and writing at it, so I can only assume you're one of his friends from there. He is, as far as I'm aware, not active online in any capacity at the moment, and I check on his email for him once a week right now. No one else has really reached out to him recently, so I've passed on your message, for which he was grateful. He won't likely be active anywhere anytime soon, as he is prioritizing us right now, just working to make sure we are taken care of if he becomes unable to in the future. We're praying that he will improve and that life can get back to normal eventually, and making the most of our family time. Thanks again for reaching out to Mike, and if anyone would like to leave him a message, I can pass them on.

Thanks again,

Kate (Mike's wife)
    I replied and said we'd all be pulling for him in our separate ways. I also told her I'd ask all of you to send any messages through me to keep it simpler for her. I don't know how much that matters, but it makes sense to me. His email is available if anyone disagrees.

I'm glad that he is still able to work, but it must be tough thinking about not being able to long-term.

Should I make a new thread for this? I thought about it, but this seemed like a good home for the news.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks so much for sharing that here, Cornelius, and of course, my sincere thanks to Kate for taking time out to inform us.

I wish his absence was under better circumstances, but with how dedicated he was to this challenge, I suppose it would take something like health issues to pull him away. My best wishes to him and his family.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post

Should I make a new thread for this? I thought about it, but this seemed like a good home for the news.
    I would wait a bit, just for the sake of privacy.
    Thanks for sharing the info, I really hope hes alright. I just now noticed he hasnt been active for awhile.
    Mikes a really good guy, hope he returns.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Cornelius, thanks for sharing this. I am hopeful that Mike will pull through what he's dealing with and be back with us soon.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the challenge is on indefinite hold. I had hoped it wasn't anything health-related that was keeping Mike away, but honestly I'm not surprised. It would have had to be something major to pull him away from his own creation. I hope his health improves and he's able to rejoin the community quickly. But he is absolutely doing the right thing putting his family first. Thank you Bradley for relaying this information to the rest of us, and please keep us updated. We may not be family, but someone who contributes as much as he does is never far from our thoughts. Good night and heal quickly...

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oi much shitty

I hope his place of employment doesn't run him through the ringer while coping with health issues, the company he works for regularly does.