Thread: Do you guys think Namco should remake their Namco Museum games again?

Insert Coin (Level 0) PatBoy785's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do you guys think Namco should remake their Namco Museum games again?

After seeing "Arcade Archives" being announced for Nintendo Switch. It makes me wonder if Namco is ever going to make an arcade compilation again since there arcades games are what got me into arcade video games. I know their arcade compilations haven't been that good post-PSOne days since they'd often add the same popular classics (i.e. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, and etc.) and less obscure classics, (I liked Battle Collection, 50th Anniversary was okay, and Virtual Arcade for Xbox 360 looked pretty cool with a lot of Arcade classics (despite the fact that I never played that one since I already had the other Namco Museums that had these games). I think they should bring it back and add a mix of popular and never before seen arcade games, if they can't hold enough space on the disc/cartridge they could always make volumes of them and add like 30 or less arcade classics to each of them. At the same time I doubt it since I don't know if the public audience is interested in classic Namco arcade games anymore since times have changed since the 00's. But it's definitely worth a try for them to make a Namco Museum game again if they want their franchises to stay relevant.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

They released like 50 arcade games on Wii VC in Japan, and only three in the west: Tower of Druaga, the 1984 Galaga (what was that called, Gaplus?) and Mappy. Not exactly the first '80s Namco arcade games westerners probably think of.

If they have VC on Switch, fixing that situation will perhaps be one way. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If they really wanted to win people over, they'd release every non-3D game they've ever put out onto one compilation. But they won't, they'll only put out the same five arcade games on a release like they have for every other console. Why expend energy when you can just halfway do it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) PatBoy785's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(Apologizes for bringing back a two month old thread) All I ever see Namco (Bandai Namco Games) do these days are just making licensed anime games, Tekken (The few Namco franchises that's still going), re-release some of their old games on the Wii U Virtual Console/PSN, and mobile games.

The last time I ever saw them use their classic characters was in cameos like Project X Zone 2, some mobile smartphone games, and Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U.

It's a shame that Namco isn't doing much with they're franchises anymore, it also shoots me in the heart and stabs it until it bleeds that the founder of the company Masaya Nakamura recently passed away 2 months ago, it makes me wonder about the company's future.

I think what killed the possibility of making new games from them, was the failure of "ShiftyLook" which was a website that made web comics and web shows based off classic Namco characters (i.e. Katamari, Mappy, Bravoman, Wonder Momo, and etc.) since the website shut down 3 years ago possibly because of the lack of interest, and since then nothing new came out of those franchises since.

Maybe it's just us westerns that they don't release their game franchises to, since Namco games were more popular in Japan than over here in the West which might explain why most of their games are only released in Japan. They've probably released some of their franchises on Japanese mobile devices.

I was a huge Namco fan, I liked every single one of their franchises, I found their arcade/game franchises were fun, addictive, and innovative, I mean sure their games were difficult and frustrating at times, but it did have replay ability.
    Last edited by PatBoy785; 03-15-2017 at 05:00 PM.