Thread: What happened to GOTD posts?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default What happened to GOTD posts?

Sorry if I just missed an announcement but I notice a severe lack of them ever since New Years.

I honestly thought of doing another one of my own, about the Captain Planet game for NES, but when I drafted it I wound up talking more about the cartoon than the game, which I seriously need to play again (Though that does make me wonder at the viability of a cartoon of the day spinoff series...) Or do we just not do those anymore?

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well, I did over 200 last year, but as the year went on, things started to come up that required my attention. My sister is amidst a divorce and custody battle, I was asked to take over the overnight shift at work, which dictates how my off time is allocated differently, and in January here my grandma passed away and I am currently recovering from pneumonia, so it's kind of been hectic for me. Still, I compiled an index of all of these topics (including yours) here:

Game of the Day Index

Until some things get ironed out, I won't be able to churn them out at that kind of rate, but I do intend to do some themed weeks here and there throughout the year, much like the Halloween and Christmas months in 2016. Anybody is more than welcome to continue to produce them as well, as you and bb_hood have done.

I have also in my spare time been going through and adding additional text and screens to some of the earliest entries and import posts. Not removing anything, but just adding some more complete descriptions to games that were more blurbs.

I know this isn't likely ideal, but I just have to prioritize. You'll see the first themed week in February, and I'll also be maintaining the game completion competition thread, where some thoughts on games are getting posted by folks as they complete them along some screens from some players. Hope this helps, and no, I haven't abandoned them!

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Its good to know that it's just life issues and not some sort of official fiat against them (for some reason I remember at least one neanderthal complaining that we discuss old games on an old gaming forum, so I worried he might've swayed someone).

I'd post some myself but... Captain Planet, like I said, was a case where I only vaguely remember the game (though I do recall it being... NOT QUITE what I expected, also the way you defeat Dr. Blight has some interesting implications). Lately the only games I've been playing myself are Grandia II and Traysia, with a bit of Samurai Shodown (via the PS2 Anthology), but I don't feel like I know enough to really make a good post just yet...

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well, anytime you do, feel free to post it up! I know they take time. I always played through each game the day I posted about it, both to take pics and to ensure my opinions are as accurate as possible and not based on decades old memory, and it's not the world's fastest process... but at least I feel I can stand by what I've posted as accurate and not the same old stuff posted all over the internet.

Anything posted under the GOTD banner, though, I'll add to the index as well, which I kinda wish I could make a sticky.