Thread: restoring smeared-off logos on a Model 2 Genesis and Toaster NES?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default restoring smeared-off logos on a Model 2 Genesis and Toaster NES?

So okay, you all know the spot on the Genesis where the SEGA logo is supposed to be?

Well... I have a habit of wiping my desktops and surfaces with rubbing alcohol, and this most recent time it caused that logo to rub right off. So now that area is black.

Similar thing happened to my toaster NES--the place where it says "Nintendo Entertainment System" on the slot's door, it now just says "Nintendo Entertain[smeared off letters]"

Now, obviously preventing the damage altogether is impossible without a time machine and I doubt anyone here has one of those (I'd likely be the first), so I was wondering if there was a way to just put replacements on. Like if there's stickers I could buy or some sort of stencil or something.

Suggestions?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    So okay, you all know the spot on the Genesis where the SEGA logo is supposed to be?

Well... I have a habit of wiping my desktops and surfaces with rubbing alcohol, and this most recent time it caused that logo to rub right off. So now that area is black.

Similar thing happened to my toaster NES--the place where it says "Nintendo Entertainment System" on the slot's door, it now just says "Nintendo Entertain[smeared off letters]"

Now, obviously preventing the damage altogether is impossible without a time machine and I doubt anyone here has one of those (I'd likely be the first), so I was wondering if there was a way to just put replacements on. Like if there's stickers I could buy or some sort of stencil or something.

Suggestions?
    Looks like you can just buy replacement nes doors on ebay for like 5-10 each, I would think that would be the easiest option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

You could try image transfer sheets using scans of the logos. There are plenty of how to videos on YouTube. Look up transferring onto plastic.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Man i had found a place that made replacements of this sort of thing and it was put on similarly to a water decal. I can't for the life of me remember what the name was