Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHAT WAS THE FIRST game you ever recall that verbally spoke the game title in the intro?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"QUADRUN, QUADRUN, QUADRUN!" ...

And "The Adventures of Bayou Billy"
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I recall Super Adventure Island II having a voice lying about the game's title on the title screen. "Hey, this is Adventure Island II!"
    No, it's SUPER, very different than that NES game. :P

And "SPACE! MEGAFORCE! Presented by Toho!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

NES game, Blades of Steel, or it was Double Dribble I don't remember or care to figure it out as they're the same maker, same system, same general release time.

If it wasn't that, did the old sit down(or not) arcade of Star Trek say its name? I remember that back at a Showbiz Pizza Time theater blowing my mind as I watched the shows in the afternoon. Spock would say a few things 'Welcome Aboard Captain' stuck with me.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

For me personally it was this obscure little title called "Sea Dragon" on the Apple ][:
    https://videogamegeek.com/videogame/101667/sea-dragon

A very difficult game that was super-frustrating. I was younger when I played it and didn't quite yet understand why some games were more fun than others, or the idea that some games are just difficult.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beyond jumping upon The Adventures of Bayou Billy's bandwagon{try saying that three times fast...}, I've gotta say either Skate. Or. Die.
    Skate, Or, Die...D-D-Da--Da-Die!

Honorable mentions go out to the aforementioned Konami/Ultra Games sports titles, and most importantly...the NWA/WCW game for the NES!

Remember, children...before his catch phrases were either "THIS. Is EXXXXTTTTRRREEEEMMMEEE!"[] or "Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman", Paul E. Dangerously did WCW Saturday Night's intro:

"World. Championship. Wrestling! *audience cheering*/intro jingle"

As far as some of the other titles mentioned above, Popeye has never tripped me up too terribly over the years{be that in arcades/CEC's or on the NES}.

Mappy I can play on the Wii's Namco Museum Megamix/on a cab fairly well, but can't make it past the initial few levels.

Sinistar for me{be that on the SNES/Williams compilation or on a cabinet} is like Bosconian{either cab or Megamix forms}....damned if I know how to do much, but I surely enjoy flying about/blowin' up stuff real good!

Although I've played Sega's vector Star Trek game a few times{and hope to own one eventually}, I can't recall if it actually states its name[it definitely has a lot of quotes, though].

Lastly, I miss when Wal-Marts would have those mini-arcades{either near the front, or near the bottle returns/payphones}!

I played everything from various MVS titles{World Heroes for one}, to Super Street Fighter II, to DarkStalkers that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'll have to mirror what several others have said and go with Double Dribble.

I remember my brother telling me that one of his friends had a basket ball game for the NES that actually talked! When he finally borrowed it I remember setting there and restarting the game many times to hear it. Pretty cool stuff back then, even though the speech wasn't great.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?