Thread: seiken densetsu collection for switch

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default seiken densetsu collection for switch

My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

wow about time

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

An English release of 3 would nifty. I played and still have it in Japanese, and haven't tried a patched version...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

A localization would be awesome, but I'm kinda doubtful that they'd put in the effort to localize a game from scratch just for a compilation. If they split the games, then maybe, like how the Japanese Vita compilation of the first two Danganronpa games was split into two separate Western releases, but those were fairly recent games, having originated on PSP. It'd be a hard sell trying to push a release of just a single Super Famicom game on Switch, especially if it was at a standard price point, which might be a necessity to turn a profit on a game that needs a full localization.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Angry

I'm still waiting for Dragon Quest Collection... no chances for US release. Sadly.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is Square Enix after all, by some chance there is a localization of Seiken Densetsu 3, you can bet your ass there won't be a retail release in the west. Switch which has English versions on it only has them if the English language is available at the time won't work if an English version comes after the game is released. Maybe we'll see Square Enix make another comment for us to beg yet again for a retail release for only yet again not releasing it. In short. Fuck Square Enix. Their games this and last gen are absolute shit except the titles that they don't make(and the very very very very very rare one out of the ones that they trip and happen to make a good game: Dissidia and Crisis Core.) Used to be such a fan of this piece of shit company but I was obviously just a fan of all the talent that has long since left.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

If there were a localization, even if it was digital-only, that'd be much better than nothing. I mean, 13 years after its original release, we finally just recently got the first ever official localization of Romancing SaGa 2, and I think that's awesome. They're even going to bring it to Vita too, so it won't be mobile-only. As a collector, would I much prefer a physical release? Hell yeah. But I do already have physical copies of both Seiken Densetsu 3 and Romancing SaGa 2 on Super Famicom, so it's not like it's impossible to own tangible versions of these games.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have heard the Romancing SaGa 2 translation was far below standard for S-E, with typos and such. The sort of thing that, especially for such a high-profile game, they'd usually care to check.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hopefully they'll clean it up for the Vita port. Maybe that's why it's taking a while. The first ever localization of Final Fantasy 5 was pretty lousy too. They seem to put lower effort into localizing ported old games no matter how big the series they're from is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    If there were a localization, even if it was digital-only, that'd be much better than nothing. I mean, 13 years after its original release, we finally just recently got the first ever official localization of Romancing SaGa 2, and I think that's awesome. They're even going to bring it to Vita too, so it won't be mobile-only. As a collector, would I much prefer a physical release? Hell yeah. But I do already have physical copies of both Seiken Densetsu 3 and Romancing SaGa 2 on Super Famicom, so it's not like it's impossible to own tangible versions of these games.
    I'm sure it was a typo, but you mean 23-24 years. But truthfully, I couldn't care less if there's an official digital version of it or not. I'm not going to lie, if I ever do play the games again I'll emulate the hell out of them. Not going to give them money for a digital only game when there are devs out there that have been putting forth the effort to support their fans. Namco Bandai for instance. Even if they haven't released them in the US, in the past year they've released localized versions of Gundam Breaker 3, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, SRW OG TMD, and SRW5, while Gundam Versus is releasing soon. Namco Bandai was pretty bad in the past about not releasing games, but they've since realized(like many other devs have actually,) is that gaming is more popular now days and even niche games have a good market in the west. Namco released over 10 games in the west just last year alone, no longer are they leaving money on the table like they have in the past. NIS who is known for super niche games has released more physical releases of games than Square Enix in the past two gens, even if you include handheld games. They know that there's a market for retail games which is why they've even released limited copies of the Atelier games for PSV as physical. I mean it's in a companies best interest to try and make money, and while you don't see the whole picture with people online, the amount of begging that goes on online makes you wonder what in the fuck is Square Enix doing? Seriously. Do they seriously care that little about the fanbase that got them where they're at? Do they just not like money? Or do they think their fans will follow them regardless how poorly they treat them? Whatever the reason, they know a lot of people want retail releases of games as well as they knew that people wanted specific games for years. Square Enix pretty much throws up the middle finger with the comment "we can't be bothered right now" pretty much. Between the quality of their games and the way they run their business, the only thing Square Enix has is their brand and brand loyalty will only get you so far, people will eventually get tired of their shit games and/or their bullshit.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yes, it was a typo. I obviously realize the Super Famicom wasn't active in the mid 00s.

Well, there's not much conversation to be had here if you'd sooner pirate a game than play it legally in English when that option is made available. I don't care how much I may dislike a company, if I want their product, I'll pay for it, otherwise I'll do without completely. Pirating is not an acceptable alternative to me.

I have no idea why you're defending a publisher like Namco Bandai if we're talking about digital-only releases. Tons of their games are digital-only, or digital-only on certain platforms at least. Almost everything they release in North America for Vita is digital-only. Similar deal with NIS. Sure, they're releasing a lot of games, but half of what they release on Vita is digital-only these days. And when they do release games physically, some of them are only available on their own web store, in overpriced LEs, so that's hardly ideal. Bringing up Atelier is laughable because that series is like the poster child of not getting physical releases. There are like 8 Atelier games on Vita, only two have come out physically, and good luck getting either of those at a reasonable price now. Atelier is one of the most requested series that LRG hears from its consumers, gamers are so desperate to have physical copies of all those games (it doesn't help that, if you were to buy and install all those Atelier games on a Vita, they'd probably fill up a 16GB card all by themselves, and I don't think it's necessary to go into how ridiculously overpriced Vita memory cards are).

At least when Square Enix brought out World of Final Fantasy, it was available physically on BOTH Vita and PS4, with dual audio even. And when they brought out Dragon Quest Builders, it was physical on PS4 and digital-only on Vita, making it no different from tons of games the "good" publishers you're citing are bringing out.

Obviously you're not applying the same rules whether we're talking Square Enix or other publishers. You'll criticize Square Enix for releasing a game digital-only, but when Namco Bandai releases their games in the exact same manner, they're praised? They're even praised for games they didn't release in North America AT ALL, just because there's an Asian English version that can be imported? Just admit that this is all about your blinding hatred of Square Enix and nothing more, and stop pretending that it has anything to do with games coming out digital-only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I have no idea why you're defending a publisher like Namco Bandai if we're talking about digital-only releases. Tons of their games are digital-only, or digital-only on certain platforms at least. Almost everything they release in North America for Vita is digital-only. Similar deal with NIS. Sure, they're releasing a lot of games, but half of what they release on Vita is digital-only these days. And when they do release games physically, some of them are only available on their own web store, in overpriced LEs, so that's hardly ideal. Bringing up Atelier is laughable because that series is like the poster child of not getting physical releases. There are like 8 Atelier games on Vita, only two have come out physically, and good luck getting either of those at a reasonable price now. Atelier is one of the most requested series that LRG hears from its consumers, gamers are so desperate to have physical copies of all those games (it doesn't help that, if you were to buy and install all those Atelier games on a Vita, they'd probably fill up a 16GB card all by themselves, and I don't think it's necessary to go into how ridiculously overpriced Vita memory cards are).

At least when Square Enix brought out World of Final Fantasy, it was available physically on BOTH Vita and PS4, with dual audio even. And when they brought out Dragon Quest Builders, it was physical on PS4 and digital-only on Vita, making it no different from tons of games the "good" publishers you're citing are bringing out.

Obviously you're not applying the same rules whether we're talking Square Enix or other publishers. You'll criticize Square Enix for releasing a game digital-only, but when Namco Bandai releases their games in the exact same manner, they're praised? They're even praised for games they didn't release in North America AT ALL, just because there's an Asian English version that can be imported? Just admit that this is all about your blinding hatred of Square Enix and nothing more, and stop pretending that it has anything to do with games coming out digital-only.
    With Namco Bandai, while all of these games haven't been released in the west for the Vita, there are English versions of them on the Vita if you import, so English versions of Vita versions or PS4 versions that are digital only in the US are still attainable in English. With NIS, I only mentioned Atelier because there are a couple games that have atleast received limited versions to get retail releases, and it's not like you can't buy every one of these games in physical format on the PS3 or PS4 anyways, so these games have atleast came to the west in English in some format over the past decade(every single one of them mind you, despite how freaking niche the franchise is.) With NIS games that Touhou fanmade game that plays like Ys is digital, Cladun 3 Vita version, and the Atelier games, but other than that I can't think of anything else released this gen by NIS being digital only. The point with NIS games is how incredibly niche the games they're publishing are yet they release retail copies of these games left and right. Square Enix can't be bothered to release their own games, and when they do, if it's not casual as fuck, you can be damn sure there's no physical release.

The examples you're giving with Square Enix is Final Fantasy or a Dragon Quest minecraft clone. Except for the games digital only pretty much everywhere, everything named Final Fantasy that's been released in the past decade has released in the west. The mainline Dragon Quest games have released only with three years of begging which is pretty ridiculous, and then Dragon Quest Builders and Heroes which I was actually surprised they were released over here honestly. What else can you name that isn't Final Fantasy that's released over here and if it has it isn't digital? How are you liking the remakes to SaGa 2 and 3? SaGa Scarlet Grace(which after seeing how bad the framerate is I don't much care,) Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake? Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3? And those are just the more well known ones. I'm sure you know how much begging for a physical release of I Am Setsuna there's been, and while I'm sure there'll never be a PS4 version, there's an English Asian version for that one for no reason other than Nintendo including all currently available languages on the card for every Switch game. What games that haven't been released in the west have Square Enix included an English language version on? Dragon Quest Builders and Final Fantasy 10-2 which don't have physical US releases, that's it. Nothing like Namco Bandai who has localizations of games that haven't been released along with every single game released in the past couple years that's came to the US as digital only.

It's not about hating on Square Enix for the hell of it, Namco Bandai has been going out of their way with supporting the western fanbase. NIS is practically an ant compared to Square Enix and they do a better job supporting those of us in the west. It's hating on Square Enix for pretty much not caring about people who have been fans of theirs for decades. Pissed off that they're not only shitting all over franchises that I've loved since I was a child, and when they do finally release remakes of some cool ports and remakes, they pretty much release them so that no one who doesn't already know about them would miss them. Atleast with a retail version they'd have got more sales for these games if only the Square Enix logo. On top of that, it's pretty stupid naming it Seiken Densetsu Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan and then changing the name in the US to not capitalize. I mean they changed the name in the past to capitalize on the Final Fantasy brand, but now when the original release actually has Final Fantasy in the name, they ignore it. Are they trying to have this game sell like shit in the west just so they can say we don't care about anything but their latest shit fest Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts games? Although I will state that despite being brain dead idiotic easy, World of Final Fantasy is the best Final Fantasy that was actually developed by Square Enix for awhile.

*edit*

Romancing SaGa 3 was just announced for Vita and Smartphones in Japan. I guess after a couple years of begging people interested might get it in the US. Afterwards maybe Square Enix can release a retail collection including both games on one Vita card. Maybe this is the reason they weren't releasing a physical version. I'm going to go with they just don't give a crap, but we can hope.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-28-2017 at 02:23 AM.