Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Secret of mana, another unfinished classic?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

That collection may be part of the reason why it's not on Switch, since then the Secret of Mana remake and the collection would be competing against each other. Most people wouldn't want to buy two versions of the same game back-to-back.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Playing the remake, at the end. Gameplay is still a mess, delayed damage as well as well as invulnerabilty between damage. It also doesn't help that the game is little else but hit the enemy, wait while they're stunned on the ground for 100% repeat. Would have been better if they went something similar to the original where it was action oriented. Wouldn't be so much of a mess of a game. Something with a little skill rather than so long and drawn out to actually kill an enemy since they were toying around with a turn based action game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I've been having trouble with my copy of the remake crashing at least once every time I play. I think I was nearing the end, but I stopped playing it because of that. I may pick it back up once it's patched. For now, I'm in a tough enough spot where there is a lot of room in between saves, and I just don't want to waste my time having to replay the same spot over and over again.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I've been having trouble with my copy of the remake crashing at least once every time I play. I think I was nearing the end, but I stopped playing it because of that. I may pick it back up once it's patched. For now, I'm in a tough enough spot where there is a lot of room in between saves, and I just don't want to waste my time having to replay the same spot over and over again.
    For me it's crashed, but not too many times. However if it does crash, the PS4 version of Secret of Mana has an autosave that saves almost every single loading screen. I don't usually use that except when it crashes on me. It should be able to load right where it crashed or atleast one room prior, just choose the third slot, that's the autosave one.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The patch for the PS4 version is coming in two days, if I remember correctly, so hopefully that'll resolve the crashing. (They're also going to patch the PC and Vita versions, but they're just saying "soon" with those.) I'm playing the Vita version and have put in around 6 hours and still no crashing or glitches. Though I did put it into airplane mode to turn off the wi-fi, which seems to sometimes help the performance of some Vita games. I also fully turn off my Vita each time I'm done playing, rather than putting it into sleep mode, which seems to help some crash-prone games as well. I don't know if the same applies to PS4.

Oh, and the auto-save exists in the Vita version as well.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I wasn't aware of the auto-save on PS4. I thought it was trying to stick close to the original by making it so you HAD to save at the Inns. I can verify that turning the PS4 off, as opposed to putting it into sleep mode, has no affect on whether or not the game will crash mid play.