Thread: My Easter Basket 2017

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default My Easter Basket 2017

As per the tradition I got another gaming basket for Easter. This year my s/o went with a Nintendo theme, and decorated the basket like a Yoshi Egg. Cute. She even made a 'yolk' out of the Easter grass, which is sort of creepy, but still imaginative!

I absolutely didn't expect to get a console, and CERTAINLY not a Switch, but I got one, and man, this thing is REALLY small. I know that everyone says that, but it REALLY is tiny, and the joycons controllers are RIDICULOUSLY small. I don't have any games for it yet, and I don't know much about what's available for it, besides Breath of the Wild, which I'm not excited about at all, and a Bomberman game, which I definitely want, but not for more than 20 bucks or so. Then again, if it's online I'll probably pick it on sooner rather than later. I think I heard that there would be a new Mario Kart 8 release for the Switch, and if so that'll be an early purchase. It was pretty much the only thing I owned a WiiU for, and I have a friend who I've logged hundreds of hours on online play with who would buy it day one as well. Here are basket goodies...

So, I also got a 2016 set of Super Mario Hotwheels. I'm missing #4 of 8 though (Bowser).
    A Goomba chain wallet
    An NES journal
    An NES backpack (it has power and reset buttons and controller posts on the bottom -- it's awesome)
    A Mario luggage tag
    A Mario and a Luigi 8-bit sprite plushy
    A Wario Amiibo
    A few packs of fun sized candies (Snickers, Mounds, Twix, etc.)
    And an AWESOME item box lamp that makes a coin sound when you turn it on and off -- this thing is sweet as hell

The other half, who loves to cam chat with her friends, had a set of those goofy, light up cat ears head phones on her wishlist, so I got her a pair, and crafted a kitty theme basket for her.

It's got a lot of giraffe shit, because she loves giraffes, but I also got her a new purse (she's into Betsey Johnson this year) and a replacement 'West Georgia Correctional Facility' key. It was a prop that came with the fourth season of The Walking Dead. She's a TWD freak and she lost hers. She got a few other things in there two, like a Wonder Woman mug, a colouring book and some other things I don't remember right off.

Anyway, now that the holiday is out of the way, I can get back into the Game Completion Challenge and try to put some points up. I hope you guys had a great Easter, too.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I am always amazed at your gifts you do for each other. Those are some crazy baskets!

Our Easter was all about the boy. He had no less than four egg hunts, three baskets (one from us, and one from each set of grandparents), and my wife mixed up some flour and water to leave Easter Bunny tracks throughout the main floor of our house. Any more, we go bigger for mother's/father's day presents for each other instead. I consider myself fortunate that my wife has scaled back on the purse front, as the Coach bags she got a few years ago were enough apparently for now. She's mainly wanted books and jewelry the last few years, which I'm WAY better at shopping for than bags!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The Easter Basket thing happened because one year she randomly gave me a really small, basic basket with some Nintendo stuff in it, which I thought was amazing because, I mean, Nintendo, right? So after that, not to be outdone, the next year she got a basket with some Isabella Fiore stuff in it (which she was really into at the time). It was a little ridiculous because I had to get a REALLY large basket to fit the two bags in (a purse and an overnight bag set), but that meant the next year she had to do the most, because those bags were THE SHIT, and then my baskets started getting whole consoles and shit in them, and things just snowballed from there and started getting nuts.

The thing is, we're both crazy cheap, and almost never buy anything that isn't on sale or straight up clearance at any given point throughout the year. I'm seriously like the cheapest gamer ever. I contribute almost nothing to the industry I love, sadly; I only purchase games once their discounted, or secondhand. The only time either of us really get spendy are Christmas, Easter and birthdays.

On another note, as much as I appreciate the thought, and I really, really, REALLY do appreciate the thought, I'd have rathered a Playstation 4 Pro if given a choice. It would have cost about the same -- OR LESS -- then the Switch, considering how much the accessories for the Switch are. I mean, HOLY SHIT, the Pro controller (or whatever it's called) is like, what, 70 or so bucks!? WTF? The stock joycons on the little handle thing is still way too small for my taste, but really, THAT much? I also considered getting another dock to keep at the work in case I actually took the thing with me on the go, but those things are like 100 bucks! A C-note though? REALLY!?

...and now terrible is the flimsy little kickstand on the system? Not that I plan on using it much or anything, but still. Jesus Christ.