Thread: Mega Man 9 Press Kit (InaFking Seal of Approval)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mega Man 9 Press Kit (InaFking Seal of Approval)

Hi All,

I know it's hard to gauge price on something like this, but just wanted to get an idea from collectors on what it might be worth.

I was one of the lucky few to snag a Mega Man 9 press kit from the Capcom store back when they went on sale for a brief 3 hour period, and proceeded to get it signed by Keiji Inafune when he appeared at PAX after the announcement of the infamous Mighty No. 9.

Now don't panic! Take a deep breath and sit down for this next part...

I made the decision to take of the shrink wrap off (GASP!) so that the signature would live forever on the box itself instead of being smudged or deteriorated by various environmental factors on the plastic. I kept the wrap and the $9.99 price stickers, but I doubt that makes any difference. The box itself is still in NM condition.

I've seen a few (albeit shrink-wrapped) sold on eBay recently anywhere from $200-500. Unwrapped, I'm not sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Antonellis View Post
    Hi All,

I know it's hard to gauge price on something like this, but just wanted to get an idea from collectors on what it might be worth.

I was one of the lucky few to snag a Mega Man 9 press kit from the Capcom store back when they went on sale for a brief 3 hour period, and proceeded to get it signed by Keiji Inafune when he appeared at PAX after the announcement of the infamous Mighty No. 9.

Now don't panic! Take a deep breath and sit down for this next part...

I made the decision to take of the shrink wrap off (GASP!) so that the signature would live forever on the box itself instead of being smudged or deteriorated by various environmental factors on the plastic. I kept the wrap and the $9.99 price stickers, but I doubt that makes any difference. The box itself is still in NM condition.

I've seen a few (albeit shrink-wrapped) sold on eBay recently anywhere from $200-500. Unwrapped, I'm not sure.
    Be careful, the Inafune san signature will hurt the value with all the fiasco of M#9, hehehehe
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Signatures don't do a thing until the person croaks. In my humble opinion you devalued the item if the money game is all you're really in it for, it would have been better to have left it sealed and unaltered.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hah. Thanks, all. Very funny.

I'm looking for suggestions on price points if anyone has any.

I'm probably going to keep it since it's one of the weirdest items in my collection, but if I was offered the right amount, I might sell.
    It's pretty fun to show at expos. Some people get a kick out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    starkreality

I love apocrypha like this.... weird press kits and old display stands. I say you keep it and find a way to bundle it up nicely on display - fan it out in a frame somewhere in your gaming room. It will preserve the kit, allow you to look at it, and you'll be able to put it all back together again if you want to sell it some day. Some of my favorite stuff are things like this - a Marvel Action Hour Press Kit (from the 90's cartoons), a Parasite Eve display backer that frames incredibly well, a promo PSOne Lunar box with different box art - stuff like that are what really highlights your individual collecting madness.