Thread: GREAT Find today! JUST missed another great find &*!*&am

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default GREAT Find today! JUST missed another great find &*!*&am

Ok while doing my normal flea market searching, I stumbled upon a black box with 2 Nintendo NES controllers wired into it with a dual output plug attached to the other end. The seller said that the unit was a Nintendo NES Service Center controller test unit. He wanted $5 for it. I wasnt sure as to it's legitimacy at the time, but for $5 I gave it a shot.

Lo' and behold I came home and saw a picture on the internet of the exact item I have in my hands, also claiming it to be a legit peice of Nintendo Service Center test equipment. So killer!

Anyways, the guy at the flea market dissapoints me by telling me he had sold the Service Station about 5 minutes before I arrived for a measly $10. DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN. I'll get some pictures posted sometime today for those of you who havent seen one of the controller test units.

Frank

P.S. I still havent decided weather to keep it or trade/sell it. Anybody interested in either let me know. I might just wind up ebaying it if it has any real value, college just costs way to much to keep buying crap and keeping it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok I can't figure out how to post pictures or host them or whatnot. So if anybody wants to see them drop me a line with your email or something. AIM at intro9999.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Nice!

Do you have the pictures online? If so, all you have to do is type the URL (with the http:// in front), highlight the URL you typed, and click the IMG button above your post. That will put a [IMG] and [/IMG] around your URL, effectively converting it to a picture. Try previewing it first.

If you need a host for the pics, just send them here - digitalpress@email.com and I'll reply with a link. Then you can do as stated just above.

I'm all like... logical and stuff.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Intro9

i got one Nintendo NES Service Center controller test unit for free last year !

@Joe

I already send the info about it and it's in the Addendum.

You can take a look here (last picture of page)

http://www.geocities.com/sniper000_2...mariogame.html
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did see that picture, but I just thought people would want a more complete view of the unit, as I took pictures of it from all angles. Some people (like me) had a really hard time finding any information about the unit online, your picture being the only one I came across in my searching.

P.S. If it's free, it's for me

Frank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intro9
    I did see that picture, but I just thought people would want a more complete view of the unit, as I took pictures of it from all angles. Some people (like me) had a really hard time finding any information about the unit online, your picture being the only one I came across in my searching.

Frank
    If you'd like you can send them to me and I'll put them up on my (crappy) MSN site. PM me if you'd like to do that or you could sign up and upload them yourself.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Frank
    I see Frank, if i had a Digital Cam, pictures will already be made in every angles possible. You are the only person i know to have the same thing like mine.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snip,

I was just all ready to EBAY this thing, have the listing all made up in Turbo Lister. But I just can't make myself push the button to list it. It's just too damned cool and I havent learned much about it yet. Maybe some time I will, but you saying you never met anybody else who had one but me made me think twice. Chances are I'll never ever come across another one in my lifetime, even if it isnt worth much.

Anyways, what the hell is it worth? It's pretty. That's about the usefulness of it

Frank

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Sorry you missed out on that deal, I know that feeling well.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snip,

I was just all ready to EBAY this thing, have the listing all made up in Turbo Lister. But I just can't make myself push the button to list it. It's just too damned cool and I havent learned much about it yet. Maybe some time I will, but you saying you never met anybody else who had one but me made me think twice. Chances are I'll never ever come across another one in my lifetime, even if it isnt worth much.

Anyways, what the hell is it worth? It's pretty. That's about the usefulness of it

Frank
    Dont know what it worth. There to few informations to put a value on this. Even Joe put a "0/R0" in the Addendum which it's totally normal.

If you ebay it, it will be interesting to saw how much it will reach. In my case NO WAY IN HELL, i well sell this (same thing with my Karate Kid prototype), maybe if i'm in a desperate situation i will do it.

What i know also, it's there a NES Testing cart for the Joypad and port that exist and i think this was suppose to be used with.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Ok I can't figure out how to post pictures or host them or whatnot. So if anybody wants to see them drop me a line with your email or something. AIM at intro9999.
    Please send me Pics..at..

ps2xbxgc@optonline.net

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure this is to be used with the NTF2 Test cart. I say this because when you use that cart and get to the controller test it makes you test two controllers. If you dont test two controllers it wont finish that test. Just a thought, anyone know if im right or not??

Nice find anyway. Please put it on Ebay.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am thinking I may post it on Ebay tonight, I'll post a link here tonight if I decide to put it up for auction so the digipress guys can get it. I'd rather see it go to somebody from around here than to somebody else.

Frank

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a link to the auction on Ebay, somebody from here better win it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=3605&rd=1

Hope that link worked...

Frank

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text