Thread: Massive Radio Shack Bankruptcy Auction (Games, Computers, Software, Memorabilia) - 706 Lots

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Massive Radio Shack Bankruptcy Auction (Games, Computers, Software, Memorabilia) - 706 Lots

Goodbye, the last of Radio Shack!

https://ubidestates.hibid.com/catalo...ck-auction--1/

Date(s) 5/30/2017 - 7/3/2017

Through July 3rd starting at 7pm CDT

ICONIC RADIOSHACK MEMORABILIA AUCTION
    From humble beginnings in Boston in 1921, over the past 95 years RadioShack established itself as a globally recognized leader and the go to retailer for consumer electronics. RadioShack has always been known as the place for answers to the American public's technology and electronics questions. "You've got questions, we've got answers."
    Over the years, RadioShack introduced consumers to exciting and affordable gadgets and electronics that have become household items. As we cleaned out our historic archives in Fort Worth, Texas, we uncovered a cache of iconic memorabilia in 12 huge safes, including: unused original TRS-80 Microcomputers, Realistic Transistor Radios, Tandy computer software games, original brick cell phones and so much more. We all remember coming into RadioShack whether it was for the battery-of-the-month, new walkie-talkies, or to check out the newest RC toy cars. Now we reintroduce many of those nostalgic items and more with our rolling online memorabilia auction.

https://ubidestates.hibid.com/catalo...ck-auction--1/

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Even though I didn't use them much, I'm gonna miss Radio Shack.

I should've known something was wrong though. Funny story.... a few years back (when the PS3 was new) I found a local Radio Shack that still had brand-new, first-party Nintendo 64 memory cards. This was fortunate for me because I needed one for Doom 64 and didn't have one, and I actually wish I had bought more (they had about six). I was kinda shocked to still be able to get those at such a late date.

Unfortunately that particular RS was replaced with a flea market and I'm not sure if they had any leftover stock or where it went if they did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really? Though many have closed, there are still a few stores in my city.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    Really? Though many have closed, there are still a few stores in my city.
    There are still independently owned franchises out there operating, but the corporate stores are gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

There's several Tandy games but it looks like they are mixed in with lots of other junk. One of the auctions says framed Kings Quest Plaque but all the images are for pictures of computers (Edit--Oh, never mind, one of the pictures of the computers has Kings Quest running on it) Didn't really see much more that would be of interest to gamers though.

It looks like there's only one store left in this area. When they started closing them down several years ago I stocked up on a bunch of stuff when it marked down to 90%. They used to be THE place for electronics but slowly over the years they stopped caring about that aspect of their company and only focused on consumer electronics. I remember several times asking them questions like "where are your capacitors?" and they'd have no idea what I was talking about. And then charge way more for them than anywhere else would even imagine.

They did start to try to cater more to the maker crowd but it was too little too late. It will be sad to see them go but the fault lies completely on them for not keeping up with the times. As opposed to say Micro Center, which is sort of much better cross between a Radio Shack and a Best Buy.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

too bad its all in texas and they wont ship everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It's local for me but I don't have any interest. I ended up with a Texas Instruments 99/4A as a kid, not the Radio Shack CoCo like a few people I knew (TI was from Dallas while Tandy was from Fort Worth). I never got into Radio Shack machines. I think the only thing that would interest me would be if they had a box full of those old early '80s electronic handheld games. Looking over the auction, I've found most of this stuff in local flea markets and thrift stores far cheaper over the years. There's an Armatron in the lot - I own three, one of which is boxed. I've got several Memorex VIS discs and a system I have no desire to ever hook up and play. I have a CoCo 2 and a Teletext-type machine from them that I haven't ever hooked up. I've never had the love of Radio Shack that others have had.