i'm thinking what should I keep for the 3d stuff and possibly some older pemtium era 2d stuff or what should I keep in general

I have LOADS of old pc hardware and I am going to have a culling basically and I want to know what era stuff should I keep for that early ish 3d gaming to about to mid 2000's. 32 bit era I guess would be a good way to put it?
any thing 486 and older is a definite keep, I don't have much of that and what I do is an 80-88, 386 desktop and a 386 rack mount (yea I thought it was odd too). I also have a few pentiums but I think when I get around to it I'll fool around with Pentium pros instead.

any way I have been building computers since Pentium era and have a lot of stuff, enthusiast stuff no pre bulid BS, that I could still use.

i'm not sure if I should bulid up an old Pentium and stick a voodoo in it or bulid a DDR Athlon XP with an AGP8x rando card or go socket 939 and my DFI lanparty and some low spec old PCI express stuff

or something in between or a combo of both?

i'm up to about 5 or 6 boxes of purge plus the stuff I have in the original boxes

theres some apple stuff too but i'll get to that later