Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (PS4, PC)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The reviews are here! Generally, they say the game is mediocre and too easy and short for the price.

A solid video review I found on YouTube:

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    PSN
    TheGameCollector
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well at least the gameplay looks better than the old ones. Now someone needs to bring Gex back out of retirement. At least the main console versions of his 3 games were pretty good. He'd have more potential as a revived character than Bubsy here.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yay! Bubsy's back! I found Bubsy 1 to be an average game but let's face it, I love the character! I think the reason Bubsy gets a lot of hate is because of Bubsy 3D.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    The reviews are here! Generally, they say the game is mediocre and too easy and short for the price.

Cornshaq gaming review
    This guys reviews are good for the most part if you want some detail about how the games play, but his reviews are all over the place in terms of quality, and not just based on the score(which I do like that he atleast uses the entire scale.) Take his Battle Chasers Nightwar review for instance. He almost always states how long it took him to complete a game, but I'm 100% certain that he didn't complete this game, not only because he didn't state the time it took him to finish, but he left out a lot of information that doesn't become so much of an issue until mid game and becomes ridiculous when you reach the last boss. If he did experience this, then his score would have dropped significantly, that and based on his video, he was a bit less than halfway through the game, so the time it took him to finish would end up being two to three times longer than at which point he was, the fact that the game drags hard well before the end game.

Not only that but I've seen other harsher reviews than what Bubsy has received, atleast based on his explanations, and they've scored higher than Bubsy did. Based on his explanation of Bubsy, it's mechanics, it's difficulty, etc, a 4/10 sounds like a good score so definitely not knocking that, but just pointing how his reviews are too inconsistent to be taken seriously in the grand scheme of things. His clearly trying his hardest to become a success on Youtube that's for sure, but pushing out a review every two days on average at the sacrifice of actually pushing out qualiltly reviews is not how to get that done(that, and he's a pretty crappy gamer, atleast based on how often he gets his ass handed to him in his reviews, which that doesn't help him either imo.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

In case anyone anywhere wished for one, they have now made official Accolade and Bubsy! shirts. Rejoice.