Thread: Cloak & Dagger Filming Locations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Cloak & Dagger Filming Locations

One of the coolest hobbies my son has gotten me into is checking out filming locations from some of our favorite movies. Recently we went to San Antonio and recreated some pics from Cloak & Dagger, a cult classic among video game fans.

Check out the pics here:

http://www.brettweisswords.com/2017/...ns-in-san.html

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow, that is really awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE that movie. Revisiting old film set locations is a minor obsession with me so I'm very impressed that you were able to go to those places and share your recreation pics with us. Bringing that 5200 cart and placing it in the same spot as the original is pure genius, man. I salute you! Now if only you'd brought a red backpack with you…
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I find your attention to detail terrifying. To find the bit of cobblestone that the Cloak & Dagger cartridge was sitting on in the movie and recreating that picture? That's truly obsessive. Well done, dude!

Flack, one of the old contributors/mods here, made a day trip to Tulsa years back to find as many locations as he could for the "Weird" Al Yankovic movie UHF. I always find that fascinating, to see how drastically different those sets look. And it's always fun to be driving around in Dallas or someplace local and suddenly recognize a stretch of road from a movie like Robocop or Office Space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotterpop View Post
    Wow, that is really awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE that movie. Revisiting old film set locations is a minor obsession with me so I'm very impressed that you were able to go to those places and share your recreation pics with us. Bringing that 5200 cart and placing it in the same spot as the original is pure genius, man. I salute you! Now if only you'd brought a red backpack with you…
    , thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I find your attention to detail terrifying. To find the bit of cobblestone that the Cloak & Dagger cartridge was sitting on in the movie and recreating that picture? That's truly obsessive. Well done, dude!

Flack, one of the old contributors/mods here, made a day trip to Tulsa years back to find as many locations as he could for the "Weird" Al Yankovic movie UHF. I always find that fascinating, to see how drastically different those sets look. And it's always fun to be driving around in Dallas or someplace local and suddenly recognize a stretch of road from a movie like Robocop or Office Space.
    Thanks, Steve! How have you been? I haven't seen you at any of the gaming conventions the last couple of years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don't really attend the conventions anymore. I'm usually trying to avoid the Game Chasers guys. I used to work with one of them, I don't particularly want to run into him again. So I've dropped out of the scene.

I don't go thrift store shopping too often anymore, since they're always empty. But there's one that I will occasionally hit - the DAV thrift in Irving. I went there this morning, and found nothing yet again... but there were business cards tacked to a corkboard at the back, one of which is for a game seller from Trader's Village. So that's why I don't find things there anymore, they buy anything of value and resell it. They literally left their calling card. What's the point? I've always liked hunting down games, but my hobby has turned into a commodity to be bought and sold, not enjoyed. It's not very much fun any more. That would probably explain why I've gotten so much into emulation recently, there's no real world struggle to find games, they're mostly available for easy download online.
    Last edited by Steve W; 06-13-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: I threw some more blathering in

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I don't really attend the conventions anymore. I'm usually trying to avoid the Game Chasers guys. I used to work with one of them, I don't particularly want to run into him again. So I've dropped out of the scene.
    I'm fairly positive I won't ever learn more about this, but I sure as heck would like to.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I'm fairly positive I won't ever learn more about this, but I sure as heck would like to.
    Me too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I used to work with one of the guys. I didn't get along with him. Don't ever feel the need to run into him ever again.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Very cool hobby Brett! I too loved the cartridge shot.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Very cool hobby Brett! I too loved the cartridge shot.
    Thanks, man.