Thread: Which PlayStation is Home to Your Favorite PS Games (1/2/3/4/P/V)?

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Which PlayStation is Home to Your Favorite PS Games (1/2/3/4/P/V)?

I'd say mine is the original PlayStation. I haven't been too crazy for the lineup for any PlayStation since then. It still had the spirit of the old games in its games for the first few years.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'd rank them like PS1 > PSP > Vita > PS2 > PS3 = PS4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    I'd say mine is the original PlayStation. I haven't been too crazy for the lineup for any PlayStation since then. It still had the spirit of the old games in its games for the first few years.
    PS1-PS2-PS3-PSP-... I don't own PS4 or PSV
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If we're talking strictly original games, it's PS1 for me. I probably like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night better than any game on any other Playstation. If you factor in compilation discs, though, it might sway toward PS2, since it has just tons of great games that way.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

PS4 would be my favorite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

PS1, with PS2 an increasingly close second. A lot of it because the genre I wound up specializing in is RPGs, and PS1 was when the magic happened (I owned a PS1 game before the console so I could play on friends' consoles, guess which one) and PS2 was still very strong on that front. These two consoles represent something like 70% of the Backlog of Glory.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    If we're talking strictly original games, it's PS1 for me. I probably like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night better than any game on any other Playstation. If you factor in compilation discs, though, it might sway toward PS2, since it has just tons of great games that way.
    Sotn is also on PSP, but retranslated, for the worse IMO. Less cheesy, but losing that cheese without actually making it "good" actually hurts it a little.

I'm really not sure which PS I'd pick, other than probably not PS3. It's good hardware, but the software just didn't seem to live up to it. PS4 even does better with its few true exclusives, like Bloodborne.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    Sotn is also on PSP, but retranslated, for the worse IMO. Less cheesy, but losing that cheese without actually making it "good" actually hurts it a little.

I'm really not sure which PS I'd pick, other than probably not PS3. It's good hardware, but the software just didn't seem to live up to it. PS4 even does better with its few true exclusives, like Bloodborne.
    Yeah, I have it for PS1, PSP, Saturn, and Xbox 360. I was just meaning that if we're just counting original releases and not compilations and remakes. Adding that stuff in, I probably lean PS2.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

PS2 > PS1 > PS4 > PS3 > PSP >>> Vita.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS1 > PS2 > PSP > modern BS PS

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tough call, but gotta go with current gen and pick the 4.

But ask me again in 3 years

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PS2 > PS1 > PS3 > PSP

I wasn't a huge PS1 fan during it's generation. I was a big Saturn fan then, and very reluctant to accept that games had gone full 3D. I just really hated the way that most early 3D games looked. I've long since warmed up to the original PlayStation's offerings, but the PS2 is home to such a large library of games I genuinely love that it's really no contest.

I don't have a Vita or a PS4 yet, and I've never played any PSP games on my television, which may have put the PSP on par with the PS3, which I've played very few games on oddly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PS - 1, 3, 2, 4 -- not going to put the handheld against a console but PSP before Vita.

PS1 may not be the most pretty but the amount of high quality and varied titles beat out the high level of shoveled garbage it had too making it easy to ignore. PS3 was just oozing quality with a lot of stunning well made releases by their own groups and third parties and I got a lot of use out of mine with no regrets. PS2 I never got largely into had a few dozen games over time and had some fun with it but never for longer extended periods. PS4 was a let down, within a year and a half I got fed up with the games being better on computer and Sony putting out jack squat themselves that wasn't less interesting than the PS3 prequels so all the games are sold off and it's a media player now exclusively.

PSP I enjoyed and put a bunch of hours into, lots of games, but after the pirates really greased Konami with MGS Peacewalker the games all but dried up other than weird RPG and 'moe' looking oddities so I sold it as I didn't care to go all pandora on it. Vita I had about a year, pretty PS3 in the pocket but few if any games to back it up worth owning and even Sony threw it under the bus. Could have been better than PSP but not.

Amusingly enough recently I had a thrift pick up of a PSone model system with 2 white controllers and matching memory card for a $10 steal. Popped a WTB on another site, a nice acquaintence did me a solid, sold me a new open box LCD for notably less than ebay so now I have a beautiful little desk toy of it. I've got SOTN, R4, Pro Pinball, Blaster Master, Warcraft 2, and as of days ago Tomba for it. Not my intent to collect for it, just to have fun with a few things.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 07-06-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PS1 > 2 > 3 > 4. That's only currently though. It's only been three and a half years so far and the PS4 is about to overtake the third, I think will overtake the second, and possibly even the first.

PSP > Vita. I do think the PSP has more top quality games than PS4 does thanks to the RPG library, but I would still consider it worse because the variety isn't there sadly. There's a few great action games like Gurumin, Gundam Battle series, Macross Frontier series, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles(on the very short list of games I'd give a 10/10, that's just the remake btw,) Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Powered Up, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Logan's Shadow, etc. Worse than the consoles, doesn't change how much of an absolutely amazing system it is.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-09-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PS1 for sure. Some of my greatest gaming memories are associated with that system. It's the first game system I ever bought brand new (maxed out my first credit card at Sears buying it!). I had grown up with Atari and the NES but eventually drifted away from gaming until the PS1 came along. After playing it at a friend's house I knew I had to have one! Games like Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid, Dino Crisis and Resident Evil were a revelation. All of a sudden video games seemed epic and cinematic with that console. And I've been hooked ever since. I do love the entire Playstation family, but the PS1 will always be my personal favorite. If I had to rank them based on personal preference I'd have to say:

PS1 > PS3 > PS4 > PS2 > PSP/Go > Vita

PS2 would have placed higher on my list but at the time I was a hard-core Xbox fan! The Vita could also have placed higher but it was a fantastic piece of hardware killed by Sony's half-assed support and ridiculously overpriced memory cards.
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I didn't get to spend much time with the PS3 due to family/life psone I guess got the most play and fond childhood memories of spyro time crisis point blank medievil etc. need to relive all that soon.