Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Default Morristown Game Vault - Morristown, NJ - Review

www.morristowngamevault.com

I finally had a chance yesterday morning, to head over to the Morristown Game Vault, in Morristown, NJ. It's located in the downtown business district, so it's very nice, lots of bars/restaurants around. The actual building was an old bank, and the arcade is on the first floor. The main floor is not huge, but very reminiscent of the arcades I would visit back in the day, which weren't that big. The majority of the pinball machines are on the right hand side, some consoles in the middle, and everything else center and left. They have a few small rooms with cabinets stuffed in, but everything is still spaced very well. What really was amazing to me were the actual machines they have. At least for me, tons that fit my habits perfectly! VERY little on the fighting game front, which I greatly prefer. Lots of rare stuff too like Satan's Hollow, Pole Position II, sit down PP, sit down Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, Temple of Doom, etc. Everything was clean, seemingly well maintained, and I think just Ice Cold Beer was turned off. Although it may just have been asleep.

All GAMES SET TO FREE PLAY PLAYER’S TIME TRACKED BY WRIST BAND

30 MINUTES $7.00

ONE HOUR $10.00

EACH ADDITIONAL 30 MINUTES AFTER ONE HOUR $5.00
    (5 MINUTE GRACE PERIOD)

TAX INCLUDED

CASH AND CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greg26...57683255170074

The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thanks for the overview!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Considering Galloping Ghost is $20 for the entire day, their pricing seems....excessive.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Considering Galloping Ghost is $20 for the entire day, their pricing seems....excessive.
    This is one of the most expensive regions in the country for overhead. I'm sure GG's are not comparable, and the owner there might be independently wealthy. The other wristband arcades in the area are similarly priced. It's cheaper than many other entertainment options here. Want to race indoor gokarts for 8 minutes? $20 bucks.

Are there other spots that would be cheaper to rent? Sure, but they never succeed. Yestercades, like this place, and the Barcades, are located in downtown shopping districts. The days of highway/mall arcades around here are long gone. Oh wait, they're opening a Dave & Busters. Blahhhhh. I'd rather spend an hour at this place.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK