Thread: Just got a PS4 and.. I'm impressed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Default Just got a PS4 and.. I'm impressed.

So after prolonging getting anything after the WiiU (still love it), I finally got a PS4 slim. While I see certain things that jump out and tap on my ocd annoying meter(deleting PS Vue for one), most of it is a nice refreshing and very welcome change.
    I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer with the last couple of system releases so I guess you can say I'm abit behind the times of broadcasting/sharing what I play. Everything from boot times to how the UI functions and what you can do is pretty cool, I guess I am also dating myself with saying this haha. Have to say I should've never skipped the PS3 if this is what was going on. It'll always be Nintendo first but I have a soft spot for PS since PS1 (not PS2, blek) and sort of left MS with their Xbox One.
    Currently playing Yakuza Kiwami (review code), looking forward to starting RE7, CoD: Infinite/MW Remastered and soon getting Sonic Mania.

Anyone else feel like a geezer in awe with their current gen systems like me? haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS3 had long install times and bad UI, and the online d/l shop was even messier than the 3DS one is, since it also was trying to pitch movies too.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is great, and in time you'll appreciate it even more. It really is a great system.
    Check out these links for great video game and gaming related deals!
    Geek Deals US - Best Video Game Deals
    Geek Deals Twitter page
    Become Anonymous on the Internet with NordVPN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Quote Originally Posted by jefis View Post
    It is great, and in time you'll appreciate it even more. It really is a great system.
    It definitely seems like it! Looking forward to getting Uncharted soon too.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

For a system that plays games, the PS4 is great, but if you want to use its other services, the UI software on the PS4 is so slow and sluggish, many times it will load for several minutes when trying to open up a friend's profile to check trophies, open their profile to start a voice chat, etc. A lot of people state it's based on your internet connection, but I run a wired 500Mb internet connection, so that's not the reason. I've had a PS4 and a PS4 Pro, and the issue is identical. It seems even worse if I've played a game or left the system on for awhile, the UI seems to actually work better when it's recently been restarted. I think it might be a memory leak but as always, complain about something you'll have people jumping to the defense of it rather than anything getting it resolved. Additionally, it seems with every other update my PS4 decides to have the share button randomly work or not, I've had a playthrough of Hyper Light Drifter on my PS4 for months because I'm unable to upload it as the PS4 refuses to allow me to upload anything to Youtube, I link my account, and Youtube states "account is already linked," but when I retry, itt keeps coming up with needing to link my account to upload video, etc. The PS4 UI is such god awful bs it's ridiculous.

The games though is really what consoles are all about and as you'd expect from a Sony console, at launch the line up is pretty garbage, but each year is usually better than the last up to a point and the PS4 is certainly no different. 2017 is definitely the best year the PS4 has had. I collect, but if it's a game I don't enjoy then I don't keep it in my collection. I don't care for the value of games, etc, I care for the quality of the games themselves, and I want my collection to be full of quality games that are atleast enjoyable. With the PS4 I've played most of the games I own and have sold off everything I enjoy, but I still have well over 100 releases that I'd consider worth keeping. Imo, the PS1 and PS2 are the two best consoles in terms of quality releases, and I think the PS4 may eventually surpass the PS2, not so sure about PS1, but potentially for sure.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the PS4 is a nice machine. It's kept me busy enough that I still haven't got an Xbox One (I will get one someday).
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    For a system that plays games, the PS4 is great, but if you want to use its other services, the UI software on the PS4 is so slow and sluggish, many times it will load for several minutes when trying to open up a friend's profile to check trophies, open their profile to start a voice chat, etc. A lot of people state it's based on your internet connection, but I run a wired 500Mb internet connection, so that's not the reason. I've had a PS4 and a PS4 Pro, and the issue is identical. It seems even worse if I've played a game or left the system on for awhile, the UI seems to actually work better when it's recently been restarted. I think it might be a memory leak but as always, complain about something you'll have people jumping to the defense of it rather than anything getting it resolved. Additionally, it seems with every other update my PS4 decides to have the share button randomly work or not, I've had a playthrough of Hyper Light Drifter on my PS4 for months because I'm unable to upload it as the PS4 refuses to allow me to upload anything to Youtube, I link my account, and Youtube states "account is already linked," but when I retry, itt keeps coming up with needing to link my account to upload video, etc. The PS4 UI is such god awful bs it's ridiculous.

The games though is really what consoles are all about and as you'd expect from a Sony console, at launch the line up is pretty garbage, but each year is usually better than the last up to a point and the PS4 is certainly no different. 2017 is definitely the best year the PS4 has had. I collect, but if it's a game I don't enjoy then I don't keep it in my collection. I don't care for the value of games, etc, I care for the quality of the games themselves, and I want my collection to be full of quality games that are atleast enjoyable. With the PS4 I've played most of the games I own and have sold off everything I enjoy, but I still have well over 100 releases that I'd consider worth keeping. Imo, the PS1 and PS2 are the two best consoles in terms of quality releases, and I think the PS4 may eventually surpass the PS2, not so sure about PS1, but potentially for sure.
    I've noticed the lil snags here and there but fortunatly not deal breakers. One thing that annoys me to no end is the extra software launchers on the main menu, I want to take most of those things OFF lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    PS3 had long install times and bad UI, and the online d/l shop was even messier than the 3DS one is, since it also was trying to pitch movies too.
    Worse than the 3DS? Dear God hahaha.