Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default The Death of Miiverse - Nov. 7th

End of Miiverse Service Announcement

Hi everyone, it’s Tom at Nintendo.
    I have an important announcement: On November 7th, 10:00 pm Pacific Time, we will permanently close the Miiverse service.

We thank you very much for your amazing support. It has been a great privilege for me to serve as your Miiverse guide, and to see people who enjoy similar gaming experiences connect with empathy.

After the service ends:

• You will no longer be able to access Miiverse from the Wii U console, Nintendo 3DS family of systems or from an internet browser on PCs or smart devices. All Miiverse services will become unavailable, such as viewing or making posts, and messaging with friends. However, for a limited time, you will be able to make a request to download all the posts you’ve made up to the day of the closure.

• For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games that support in-game Miiverse functionality, these features and services will no longer be available.

• Miiverse posts will no longer appear in the Wara Wara Plaza on Wii U.

Information on downloading your post history:

By making this request, you will be able to download your posts – plus any screenshots saved to your album – to your PC after the Miiverse service has ended.

To use this download service, you will need to have a Nintendo Account linked with your Nintendo Network ID, and must make the download request before the Miiverse service ends.

To find out more about this service or to make the download request, click on the “Information on Downloading your Post History” button at the top of the Miiverse website.

For more information on the Miiverse closure and the games it will affect, please visit the support site by clicking on the blue globe icon or the url below to launch the internet browser.

From all of us at Nintendo, we sincerely thank you for supporting Miiverse all these years. We hope you’ll continue using Miiverse until the service ends.

http://support.nintendo.com

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miiverse-thank_you-1000.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	10448
    And so Miiverse has gone to digital Heaven.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Aww no more seeing other people's goofy posts when playing New Super Mario Bros. U I suppose. Those were funny sometimes as most people drew pictures to express their feelings about levels.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

I really hate to see this go. While I could completely dismiss it on 3DS as I didn't use it much and didn't have any games that really took advantage if it, it has a big effect on the Wii U.

I didn't go to the actual Miiverse page much, but I appreciated the fact Nintendo did their best to keep everything clean and kid friendly. I always thought main Wii U startup page was pretty cool showing the parade of Mii's and their thoughts on a particular game. Miiverse was integrated quite nicely into several Wii U games; Mario Maker, Wii Sports, Smash Bros... I hate to see it go. I picked up a Switch last week and it's a much more lonely experience than I ever had on Wii U.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Az For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (12-06-2017)