Thread: Lego Dimensions development is finished - anyone collecting?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Lego Dimensions development is finished - anyone collecting?

No more new Lego Dimensions. https://kotaku.com/lego-dimensions-i...ver-1819774166

Anyone else play this game. I got into it with my kids. I really only bought stuff on super sale, like 50% off or more, but I managed to get 40 of the 63 'items' in a complete set. My collector side is kinda itching to pick up the rest.

The hard to find 'sets' right now are Supergirl and Green Arrow. I don't know much about it, but Green Arrow was a Black Friday GS exclusive last year, and Supergirl only comes with the PS4 starter set. I haven't been able to find out yet if she is in all PS4 starter sets, or if it was only for a limited time, or what. Does anyone know?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    No more new Lego Dimensions. https://kotaku.com/lego-dimensions-i...ver-1819774166

Anyone else play this game. I got into it with my kids. I really only bought stuff on super sale, like 50% off or more, but I managed to get 40 of the 63 'items' in a complete set. My collector side is kinda itching to pick up the rest.

The hard to find 'sets' right now are Supergirl and Green Arrow. I don't know much about it, but Green Arrow was a Black Friday GS exclusive last year, and Supergirl only comes with the PS4 starter set. I haven't been able to find out yet if she is in all PS4 starter sets, or if it was only for a limited time, or what. Does anyone know?
    Supergirl was only in some copies of the starter set released in the Fall of last year and not in the original release that is still readily available at most major retailers. Some retailers now also have versions of the starter set with Ninjago characters to promote the recent movie in lieu of Supergirl.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I don't have any experience playing the game, but I did enjoy collecting for it. I have starter packs for the Wii U, Xbox360, PS3 and PS4 with the Supergirl figure. As far as I know the PS4 starter pack is still being sold with and without Supergirl. I've picked up 3 Story packs for the game as well as 10 Level packs and 9 Team Packs. And I have 40 different character Fun Packs. I have no idea how many packs there are and didn't even know about the Green Arrow figure.
    I've never played any kind of LEGO game whatsoever and basically got into collecting for the game because I collected Skylanders and Infinity stuff and the LEGO Dimensions stuff was always in the same vicinity.
    I can't say as I'm surprised that these types of video games are experiencing a decline. The expense of all the characters and expansions is significant, so I really can't say I'm sad to hear it's coming to an end. But it was fun to collect for while it lasted and the technology involved in Toys To Life games is kinda neat looking!
    I will say this about LEGO Dimensions. I know that assembly is part of the "LEGO" experience, but I am not looking forward to assembling all this stuff to play the game. I don't have small kids to share the experience with and so I much prefer the Skylanders model instead.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I've never played any kind of LEGO game whatsoever and basically got into collecting for the game because I collected Skylanders and Infinity stuff and the LEGO Dimensions stuff was always in the same vicinity.
    Lego games are pretty fun. Very similar formula throughout the franchise, and very little difficulty, as you can imagine, but they have some nice humor. I played the Star Wars and Indiana Jones games on my own. Not sure I'd have ever played another one if it weren't for the kids, though.

I will say this about LEGO Dimensions. I know that assembly is part of the "LEGO" experience, but I am not looking forward to assembling all this stuff to play the game. I don't have small kids to share the experience with and so I much prefer the Skylanders model instead.
    This is where the kids really loved it, but I was annoyed. I love legos and all, but pausing for 5 minutes to build something bugged me. You don't have to at all though, you can just use the discs, although the characters are so quick that it is probably worth it just to distinguish them more easily.

Thanks for the info Bojay. I just put an order in with Target that says it is the Supergirl version, but I don't have high hopes. And even if it is the right version, I may return because I'm not sure it is really worth it.