Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default The SNES Omnibus Vol. 1 (A-M) - Now Available for PRE-ORDER

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNES Vol. 1 Cover.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	10447

My forthcoming book, The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 1 (A-M), is now available for pre-order:

http://www.brettweisswords.com/p/the...s-vol-1-m.html

You can order directly from me (U.S. only) and get some COOL FREE BONUSES, including:

*My autograph in the book (I can personalize it if you’d like)
    *YOUR NAME listed/immortalized in the patron section of my next book (THIS A LIMITED TIME OFFER), The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 2 (N-Z)
    *A set of “Classic Home Video Games” book marks
    *One of my signed Twin Galaxies trading cards (issue will vary)
    *A free digital copy of my book, Retro Pop Culture A to Z: From Atari 2600 to Zombie Films (sent through Facebook)

In addition, 1 out of every 10 people (chosen at random) who pre-order the book directly from me will receive a free download code for a digital copy of a game for a current console or handheld (my choice—if you don’t have the system or already have the game, feel free to pay it forward).

The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 1 (A-M) features more than 2,000 full-color images, including box art, cartridges, screenshots, and vintage gaming ads. This is a beautifully illustrated, massive (9x12), professionally published (by Schiffer Publishing), full color, hardcover book—416 pages of Super Nintendo goodness, written by an author (me) who has been gaming since the mid-1970s and writing about video games professionally since the mid-1990s. There are also nostalgic stories by a number of prominent gaming professionals, including Blake J. Harris (author of Console Wars), Kurt Kalata (Hardcore Gaming 101), Tim Lapetino (author of Art of Atari), Shawn Long (RGT 85 on YouTube), Brittney Brombacher (BlondeNerd.com), Eric “8-Bit Eric” Perez (YouTuber), Christopher “The Old Ass Retro Gamer” Pico (YouTuber), Benjamin Reeves (senior editor for Game Informer), John Riggs (RIGG’d Games on YouTube), David Warhol (one of the original Mattel Intellivision “Blue Sky Rangers”), Steve Woita (longtime programmer for Atari 2600, Genesis, etc.), and too many others to list. THANKS FOR READING!

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitgamer View Post
    You can order directly from me (U.S. only) and get some COOL FREE BONUSES, including:

*A set of “Classic Home Video Games” book marks
    Question about the book marks, are they fully compatible with the book you are selling?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Question about the book marks, are they fully compatible with the book you are selling?
    Thanks in advance
    Currently, they are, but they might need an update when computers crash in 3000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The book is also available for pre-order at a discount through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/SNES-Omnibus-...s=snes+omnibus

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my interest is piqued, but can you post some shots of the average page and layout? i'm curious about what photos you have per game, screenshots, box pics etc. are games reviewed or just talked about?

thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by postulio View Post
    my interest is piqued, but can you post some shots of the average page and layout? i'm curious about what photos you have per game, screenshots, box pics etc. are games reviewed or just talked about?

thanks!
    Good questions! As soon as my publisher gets me some page proofs, I will post them. Each game has the box scan, cartridge photo, and at least three screenshots. Many of the games have vintage advertisements. Yes, reviews are included, as well as detailed gameplay descriptions. Many of the titles also have nostalgia stories by industry insiders. Thanks for inquiring!