Thread: snes/nes hd clones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Default snes/nes hd clones

has anyone here bought one of the new hd clone systems that have come out recently? i am interested in the classic ii hd that plays both snes and nes games...i'm curious how these systems hold up compatibility wise. in general i never got into clones but playing my games on an hdtv in 720p sounds amazing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TecmoBowlTerror's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't speak on the classic 2 HD that you mentioned, but I have purchased a Hyperkin nes HD clone, and Gamerztek nes HD clone. Both systems are pretty similar. The colors are a tad off as is the sound, which is sticking point for some people. But for $40 or less, what do you expect? I did shell out $200 for the AVS nes which is a flawless machine IMO.

There's getting to be a quite a few clone systems on the market so youtube would be your best bet to see reviews. Based on my experiences, the low priced models will have some drawbacks.
    Im not sure that any of the cheaper systems play flash-carts either either if you're interested in that. Something to look out for.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I bought a Hyperkin Retron HD (NES clone). If you want to play your NES cartridges on an HDTV and you don't want to tear apart your original NES with mods, this is probably your best option. It looks better than playing on the original, unmodded NES, but it's not as sharp as an NES modded for S-video, RGB, or HDMI.

I've been gaming on modern TVs for several years... honestly the best solution is to play on a CRT television, if you have the room for it. play it how it was meant to be played, the light gun games work, zero lag, and the picture fills up the whole screen without zooming or stretching the picture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Definitely the Retron HD. I have both this and the GamerzTek, and the later suffers from many issues, including horrible buzzing sounds. I even did a YouTube video about this.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!