Thread: 2018 Yearly Finds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Goodwill's still only at 1% in "Interesting" and Salvation Army's not much better around here lately. I went to a St. Vincent De Paul (another thrift store) in Kittanning and found nothing there the other week but I was not early. I know I only recently got back into looking for games but so far it's been pretty sparse. I know I might have been spoiled with finds from 2003 - 2006 and even back then I often didn't find anything for some time. I'm still glad I got anything.

Today:

DS Cases & Manuals:

History: Great Empires: Rome
    My Dress-Up
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Petz Nursery 2
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Super Mario 64 DS

- 37 Cents For All

Missed 2 DS Systems and a variety of games yesterday from that yard sale for $50. I probably would have picked those up.

Saw but Passed On:

NES with Grey Zapper, 2 Controllers and 8 (give or take) Games - Wasn't in a yard sale, I wasn't even going to that town at first; someone saw the station wagon then saw speakers Father had picked up in the back and eventually we got to talking, I drove over to his house and after some talking about speakers and guitars I mentioned I was looking for old video games (or computers) and he showed me this NES. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not, it did have some somewhat decent (for resale) titles with it like Mario Bros. Arcade and SMB 2.

Later:

Bought:

C64 Power Supply
    T.I. 99/4A Power Supply

25 cents each. Bought from the same place that had the Atari 600XL and TI99/4A I got last year. At least now I know the TI99/4A turns on.

This isn't a great way to spend gas money though, I'm not the one paying for this fuel but in the classic Mercury (18 MPG) it cost about 10 gallons of gas. I'm in for the fun of it all.

EDIT:

Sunday: Went to a flea market that was sparsely populated with vendors (unlike how it was a few years back.) Saw an Atari 7800 for $60, a bunch of 2600 and 7800 games at various prices. There was a copy of H.E.R.O. at his table for $25 with a faded label, I passed even though I was looking for a copy. Why did I get up so late?

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 09-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.